Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby doublem on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 pm

This is the year. Calling it.
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Where's PBP? :pop:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,728
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm

LeopardLetang wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Any hope for Victor Black or Quentin Miller?


i think so. throw in jeff inman as well and you've got a chance at least one of these guys will breakout. that's the kind of depth the pirates have in their minors. not the kind that evaluators give a lot of credit to - as they shouldn't. but the kind with spades of talented players that have had everything break against them so far in their careers, as opposed to organizational players - college seniors that are there to man a spot with AA as their likely peak. see welker and freeman last year. two talented, young players that got back on the map. miller, black and inman aren't in my top 50, but they're certainly interesting guys.

2 other sleepers outside my top 50:

Joely Rodriguez, LHP was 18 in 2010 and pitched very well in the GCL - hitting the mid 90s i believe, but was injured all last year
Cesar Lopez, fairly polished 6'3 RHP; pirates gave him a large bonus last year



What happened to Brooks Pounders?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,273
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rocco on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 pm

Troy Loney wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Any hope for Victor Black or Quentin Miller?


i think so. throw in jeff inman as well and you've got a chance at least one of these guys will breakout. that's the kind of depth the pirates have in their minors. not the kind that evaluators give a lot of credit to - as they shouldn't. but the kind with spades of talented players that have had everything break against them so far in their careers, as opposed to organizational players - college seniors that are there to man a spot with AA as their likely peak. see welker and freeman last year. two talented, young players that got back on the map. miller, black and inman aren't in my top 50, but they're certainly interesting guys.

2 other sleepers outside my top 50:

Joely Rodriguez, LHP was 18 in 2010 and pitched very well in the GCL - hitting the mid 90s i believe, but was injured all last year
Cesar Lopez, fairly polished 6'3 RHP; pirates gave him a large bonus last year



What happened to Brooks Pounders?


He realized what his true calling was with name like that.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,838
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby IanMoran on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:just want to post on the first page of what figures to be a long, positive, and arguement free thread.

lol...

Anyone have any predictions on what the first disagreement that elevates into a semi-heated argument will be?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,929
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Loaf31 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Rocco wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Any hope for Victor Black or Quentin Miller?


i think so. throw in jeff inman as well and you've got a chance at least one of these guys will breakout. that's the kind of depth the pirates have in their minors. not the kind that evaluators give a lot of credit to - as they shouldn't. but the kind with spades of talented players that have had everything break against them so far in their careers, as opposed to organizational players - college seniors that are there to man a spot with AA as their likely peak. see welker and freeman last year. two talented, young players that got back on the map. miller, black and inman aren't in my top 50, but they're certainly interesting guys.

2 other sleepers outside my top 50:

Joely Rodriguez, LHP was 18 in 2010 and pitched very well in the GCL - hitting the mid 90s i believe, but was injured all last year
Cesar Lopez, fairly polished 6'3 RHP; pirates gave him a large bonus last year



What happened to Brooks Pounders?


He realized what his true calling was with name like that.


Traded to KC
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,547
Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:25 pm
Location: Fredericktown, PA

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:03 pm

yeah, with brooks pounders out of the organization, gift ngoepe now holds title for best name in the system
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,084
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07 pm

The best name in baseball right now is Rougned Odor, 16 y/o latino prospect signed by Texas last summer
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,630
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby thepittman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

Go bucs
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,098
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 3:52 pm
Location: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Now that super savior Burnett is in the fold, the Bucs can expect to win how many more games, had they not acquired him?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,728
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby itissteeltime on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 pm

columbia wrote:Now that super savior Burnett is in the fold, the Bucs can expect to win how many more games, had they not acquired him?


2
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby columbia on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 pm

itissteeltime wrote:
columbia wrote:Now that super savior Burnett is in the fold, the Bucs can expect to win how many more games, had they not acquired him?


2


That sounds about right.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,728
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Old Time Hockey on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:06 pm

Let's Go Bucs! Once again I will be ordering MLB Extra Innings just to watch the Buccos!
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,779
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Just wondering....why didn't the Pirates pursue Oswalt as opposed to Burnett?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,495
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

they did

oswalt said DO NOT WANT
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,084
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:they did

oswalt said DO NOT WANT


lol....thanks
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,495
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:29 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:they did

oswalt said DO NOT WANT


Can you blame him?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby beerman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:31 pm

Rylan wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:they did

oswalt said DO NOT WANT


Can you blame him?


Not at all, that deal he ended up getting by turning the Bucs down is great.
Last edited by beerman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,224
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:38 pm

beerman are you drunk?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby beerman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Not that I know of
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,224
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 pm

:lol: just wanted to see how many times you could write deal and still make sense?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby beerman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

apparently not at all
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,224
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 pm

I actually understood it. Who did he actually end up signing with?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby beerman on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Nobody :pop:
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,224
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Re: Official 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Rylan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:04 pm

That's what I thought. Do you think he will get signed soon?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,000
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, NashvilleCat, Rocco and 6 guests


e-mail