Diablo 3

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Diablo 3

Postby Kraftster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Boom, some clever waypoint/teleport bouncing to use a Fortune shrine landed me Legendary BS plans out of a resplendent chest.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Kraftster wrote:Boom, some clever waypoint/teleport bouncing to use a Fortune shrine landed me Legendary BS plans out of a resplendent chest.

Nice!!
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Looks like this puppy fetches 500-800k. Now that's a nice drop!!!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 pm

Just sold that legendary BS design for a cool million. cha-ching!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Dang, nice Kraft.

Up to 47, just entered the path to hell (or whatever part that is after you cross the long long long crossing after all the stuff at Bastions Keep). Tryin to catch up with you haha
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Haha, good. I am sure I will need help in Inferno.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:54 pm

I had to skip my first elite mob tonight. Minions and the elite were "desecrators" and the minions were invulnerable. Literally impossible. I tried kiting and the entire map was covered in flames burning me up despite my ~50% magic resist and 31k HP.

Just smoked ZK in act II. I should get to Belial in the next hour. Very nervous about this fight.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Failed twice and went into the video options to see if there was anything else I could turn down so that I could move quicker and get out of the way of those things he drops. Realized a could go down in resolution and was able to easily avoid that crap by doing that. He's down in pretty easy fashion, Act III here we come. Those poison things he drops tick for 8k with 50% resist if you get caught in them, yowzers.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 am

I finally beat the game on normal haha. Not sure how much longer I want to play this, but there is nothign else i want to play and this is kind of mindlessly addicting.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:48 am

Totally agree about the "mindlessly addicting" part. Blowing apart large mobs is just fun. I am enjoying the added challenge on Nightmare of the elites having multiple powers. That being said, so far my most hated powers I have to go against in Nightmare are Frozen and Mortar
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:59 pm

I never had any graphics issues whatsoever, but for the last couple of days, this game has been virtually unplayable to me because of the CONSTANT lagging. I don't know if it's a network issue or issue with my PC, but I ran it with no problems.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Kaizer on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:04 pm

its not you. i never lagged once until last night, and was warping all over the place getting phantom killed.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby stopper40 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Kaizer wrote:its not you. i never lagged once until last night, and was warping all over the place getting phantom killed.

It's been doing this to me since the beginning. It was killing me. Tonight I dropped the resolution down, like a couple people suggested, and i was finally able to kill Belial on nightmare. wll that and i changed my skills and runes around
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kraftster on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Thanks, servers, had 5 stack NV about 3 minutes from the Butcher. le sigh
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 am

shafnutz05 wrote:Totally agree about the "mindlessly addicting" part. Blowing apart large mobs is just fun. I am enjoying the added challenge on Nightmare of the elites having multiple powers. That being said, so far my most hated powers I have to go against in Nightmare are Frozen and Mortar

Anything with Poison sucks at this point.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 am

I spent about 1.5M upgrading some of my gear and weapon this weekend. My resist is up to almost 60%. It sounds like monks are way more gear dependent than some other classes, but I can't really imagine handling Inferno without the crazy resists (at least as a melee class that has to tank mobs). I killed The Butcher on my first attempt, and I only had to skip one pack of champions in the first Act, so my gear seems to be up to par for now. The champion packs/elites are way tougher than the bosses (by design, I realize). Right now I need to save about 4-5M to buy a weapon upgrade. I'll go as far into Inferno as I can push with what I currently have and then probably go back and farm until I have the funds to upgrade my current sword.

The mob I had to bypass was fire chain, health link, desecrator, illusionist. The chains are the hardest hitting thing that I've encountered.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:13 am

I can't believe the difficulty jump from Act I to Act II in Inferno. My god. I breezed through Act I and even upgraded a few pieces of gear heading into Act II. So hard. The champ packs have the most ridiculous affixes and are almost impossible to kite away from white mobs. I can handle white mobs unless there's 5 wasps sniping with their little bugs but the elites are really, really tough. I don't know how much I can reasonably expect to upgrade my gear either. 71% reduction from armor, 64% resist all, 35% dodge, 19% block, 35k health, 17k dps. I had a little bit more success when I revamped my skills to all survivability, but I can't imagine if the jump to Act III is the same how I'll ever have the time to do it.

The first wasp champions I encountered were a 4 pack with fire chains, jailer, mortar, desecrator. Forget about it. The white wasps hit me for 25% of my health if they hit with their bugs. There is literally no way to kill that group of champ wasps. I had to skip them.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kraftster on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Looks like the RMAH did roll out today. Anxious to see what this does to the market.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stopper40 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:48 pm

So I was getting frustrated with my level 55 barbarian dying constantly on hell, so I created a new character. I'm really liking the wizard a lot.

Which follower does everyone tke with them? I usually have the templar but will take the enchantress on occasion. I think the scoundrel is useless
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:24 am

Ok, so what are the general impressions of this game? I mentioned on another board that I was thinking about getting this and the resounding response I got was "RUN AWAY!".
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:08 am

the wicked child wrote:Ok, so what are the general impressions of this game? I mentioned on another board that I was thinking about getting this and the resounding response I got was "RUN AWAY!".

Personally, at this point, I would wait for Torchlight 2 which is a $20 game and out either today or tomorrow. The buzz on that game is that it is basically what D3 should have been. I will say that D3 wasn't terrible, just not nearly the game that it should have been considering how long it was in development. The loot is terrible due to them wanting to push people to use the RMAH as they get a cut of that, so you constantly loot stuff lower level and for other classes. The story is typical terrible blizzard writing of today, not the horror type game of D1. The dungeons don't seem to be as random as they have been in the previous games. It is kind of a shoddy effort. But it is enough mindless fun for 1 playthrough. It just is not good enough to sink like 100 hours into like previous diablo games.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Kraftster on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:23 am

I put more time into it than it deserved, that's for sure. Don't know what changes have been made the past 3 months or so, but when they deliberately made changes to the structure of the game to push people to the RMAH, that was it for me. Not to mention the fact the game itself is incredibly dumbed down in the name of avoiding cookie cutter builds, which is exactly what was required to advance in Inferno, at least when I last played.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:29 am

Damn. That is kinda depressing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Easton on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Probably the only Blizzard game I've played that I felt was disappointing, which is strange because I feel that I got my money out of it -- I just didn't enjoy it nearly as much as D2. They've made a few substantial changes in the past few months, but the core problems are still there. Areas aren't randomized beyond the appearance of caves, drops have been improved but the item hunt that worked so well in D2 just doesn't grab you in D3. The AH was a terrible addition, IMO.

Overall, it's a game that you'll probably enjoy until you get into hell/inferno. But if I were you, I'd try Torchlight 2 before you lay $60 down on D3.
Easton
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:42 pm

played through normal difficulty as a barb, and couldnt bring myself to go any further or play another class. just utterly pointless when you get nothing but garbage drops, and i'll be damned if i spend one cent on the rmah. havent played it since about 2 weeks after launch.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NHR