Office Drama

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Office Drama

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 pm

Found it:

Spoiler:
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Ha, I have taken pics of the signs on my cell phone, but I dont think they really add much if I have given you the text. Just paper with words on them.

And I think this may be the second time this happened so that may be why the anger is boiling up. Lady was missing a bowl earlier this year...so like I said earlier, this newest episode probably reveals what happened the last time...the bowl mystery that previously went unsolved.

But I am pretty sure it is basically a glorified coffee mug...so ceramic like. Probably less than $5
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:58 pm

JeffDFD wrote:Are you talking fresh, liquid type stuff or more chunky/salsa type pepper concoctions? Different types of red sauce/peppers or you into the green and other color type stuff?

Both, actually. I have a drawer at my desk that has....... quickly counts........ seven different hot sauces. Sriracha, sambal olek, 2 different jars of Eaton's Scotch bonnet sauce, Pickapeppa, good old Tabasco and another Louisiana red sauce. In the fridge, I had various iterations of Thai and Vietnamese sauces, plus a ghost chile sauce that would spontaneously combust if left at room temperature.

At home I've got pretty much the same selection, plus a big jar of jerk rub from a local Jamaican place that's got some pureed veggies - onions, garlic, scallions, etc - which I had in the work fridge, too.
tifosi77
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:24 pm

My $.02. Totally lame of the bowl pitcher to not say something first. Totally gross to leave your bowl in the sink. They both suck.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

My work desk drawers are filled with food, ketchup, mustard, nasty things.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 pm

JeffDFD wrote:
the wicked child wrote:This reminds me of the great Tupperware War that happened here a few years ago. :lol:

Do tell...and do it in an epic Ken Burns documentary style

It all began on a seemingly calm fall afternoon about 4 years ago. As tends to occur in a shared refrigerator at work, it often became full of old take out, expired dairy, and tupperware containers that were ready to grow legs and walk away. A co-worker sent out an email a couple days prior to the clash informing everyone that he would be cleaning out the fridge on Friday afternoon at 2:30, and anyone who wanted something to be saved needed to mark it as such, or let him know, or forever hold their peace.

Flash forward to D-day. Another email was sent, reminding everyone that the cleansing would take place in T-minus 2 hours. The time passed as it normally does at work, no sign of the bloody conflict that awaited us on that fateful day.

The time arrived, and the cleansing began. Goodbye chunky milk. Adios green General Tso's. Sayonara expired frozen stir fry. Arrivederci fuzzy lasagana. And so it went, seemingly without a hitch save perhaps for the sour stomach that surely had ensued... but such is the price one must pay.

And so we all carried on, blissfully unaware of the scud missile heading straight for us. The explosion caught us all off guard. The yelling... the screaming... the pure terror... it was almost too much for one to handle. The secretary recoiled in fear as the shrapnel rained down upon her... the vicious wrath falling hardest upon her. And just when she thought it was all over, the storm turned on the unsuspecting soldier who had nearly given his lunch to cleanse our fridge.

But it was not truly a scud missile. No, it was much worse... an enraged tupperware owner whose fuzzy soup had been sent to the great beyond. It could not be reasoned with. This great injustice would not stand. That was her fuzzy soup, and he had no right to dispose of it. This became increasingly heated, and we feared that we might have to call for backup.

At this time, another brave soul took it upon themselves to diffuse the situation. They embarked on a quest that few would have undertaken... they went to the dumpster to search for the fuzzy soup which had been snatched from its rightful owner. It was foul, nasty work... but he couldn't stand to hear the bleating any further, and he really didn't want to see his friend jailed for assault. So he dug through the expired meals and rotten horrors that I can't even comprehend... or maybe I just don't want to. But he found it... the green soup.

Like a champion, he marched into the heart of the battle and returned the fuzzy meal to its grateful owner. And thus ended the Great Tupperware War of 08. Many had entered, and all remained... but none of us will ever forget that fateful day.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:25 pm

Can I submit that to Reddit lolololol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:49 pm

hahahahahaha bravo twc
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PghSkins on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

Office Drama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puck Drama
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby JeffDFD on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 pm

man...now just use that script as a voiceover and play it over a bunch of pictures
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 pm

That deserves to be narrated by Morgan Freeman.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm

mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:35 am

apparently debbie likes eating other people's food.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:00 am

PghSkins wrote:Office Drama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puck Drama

leftover casserolekarovski
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby yubb on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 am

tifosi77 wrote:
JeffDFD wrote:Are you talking fresh, liquid type stuff or more chunky/salsa type pepper concoctions? Different types of red sauce/peppers or you into the green and other color type stuff?

Both, actually. I have a drawer at my desk that has....... quickly counts........ seven different hot sauces. Sriracha, sambal olek, 2 different jars of Eaton's Scotch bonnet sauce, Pickapeppa, good old Tabasco and another Louisiana red sauce. In the fridge, I had various iterations of Thai and Vietnamese sauces, plus a ghost chile sauce that would spontaneously combust if left at room temperature.

At home I've got pretty much the same selection, plus a big jar of jerk rub from a local Jamaican place that's got some pureed veggies - onions, garlic, scallions, etc - which I had in the work fridge, too.

I like your selection of hot sauces. I have a few at the office and they're all in the fridge.
I also have a little milk, but that's about empty by now.

We're pretty civil about the fridge, but one time we left food in the garbage can too long and had a ton of maggots one day when we came into work. One girl couldn't eat in the lunch room for a few weeks. Now we have a much smaller garbage can where we can throw food away. It gets emptied every day.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:18 am

tifosi77 wrote:

Scotchbonnet is where it's at. I keep a bottle of that and siriacha with me.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:20 am

I think overall, it is better to be in an office with no women. On one hand, you don't have any hotties to creep over, but on the other hand you don't have any offisaurasus nor any office drama.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby LeopardLetang on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:07 am

shmenguin wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Office Drama >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Puck Drama

leftover casserolekarovski

haha
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby yubb on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:43 am

mac5155 wrote:Image

A Sharpie showed up tied to our fridge door this Monday. The story differed from the bible slightly, but I thought it was a sure sign that Jesus had risen from our fridge over the weekend.

I figured there may have been some office drama where people were eating other people's food. However, it was way more tame; one person here went to get one of their yogurts and wasn't sure if it was their yogurt or not. They decided not to eat it and affixed the Sharpie so their stuff could be labeled in the future.

Thus, I grabbed an old mayo packet, wrote my name on it, and displayed it prominently on the top shelf of the fridge.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR