2012 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:09 pm

This would be a nice time for their offense to get something going.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,393
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:09 pm

However, I am enjoying seeing the snow.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,393
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:15 pm

This is what can be accurately called a meltdown.

BtW Columbia... you want the snow? I'll ship it to you. :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Surprised NAN hasn't showed up to tell is the WVU Scout board predicted this score.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Syracuse has the scoring palindrome right now- FG, safety, TD, TD, TD, TD, safety, FG.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:39 pm

The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:45 pm

offsides wrote:The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.


oh, if you love ripping the WVU defense this year, you'll love ripping their offense next year.

This was *not* the way WVU fans were envisioning their season ending as recently as Hallloween.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:53 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.


oh, if you love ripping the WVU defense this year, you'll love ripping their offense next year.

This was *not* the way WVU fans were envisioning their season ending as recently as Hallloween.


I went to WVU for 2 years (67-69) and after the first couple games was expecting big things from them, but I also noticed the points given up so the collapse didn't come as a big surprise. When the offense sputtered some, they were sunk.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:54 pm

What a turd of a season.

Pens lose to Flyers, Pirates collapse, No hockey, WVU loses 6 of last 8, and ND will win the national championship. I <3 sports :/
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,181
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:55 pm

offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.


oh, if you love ripping the WVU defense this year, you'll love ripping their offense next year.

This was *not* the way WVU fans were envisioning their season ending as recently as Hallloween.


I went to WVU for 2 years (67-69) and after the first couple games was expecting big things from them, but I also noticed the points given up so the collapse didn't come as a big surprise. When the offense sputtered some, they were sunk.

You were a student in 67-69?

wait.. I'm having a hard time getting my head around this.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:What a turd of a season.

Pens lose to Flyers, Pirates collapse, No hockey, WVU loses 6 of last 8, and ND will win the national championship. I <3 sports :/


You're right, but you forgot the Steelers missing the plauoffs.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:57 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.


oh, if you love ripping the WVU defense this year, you'll love ripping their offense next year.

This was *not* the way WVU fans were envisioning their season ending as recently as Hallloween.


I went to WVU for 2 years (67-69) and after the first couple games was expecting big things from them, but I also noticed the points given up so the collapse didn't come as a big surprise. When the offense sputtered some, they were sunk.

You were a student in 67-69?

wait.. I'm having a hard time getting my head around this.


Yep, I am one old fart physically, but still 23 mentally.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Can't wait to see Syracuse stomp the Mountaineers today.

Care to place a friendly bet sir? :)

Hell, even 'Cuse doesn't think they'll win. They won't even put the Schwartzwalder trophy on the line. :pop:

Should have taken that bet.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,679
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:02 pm

WVU was a 3.5 point favorite....damn
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,890
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:14 pm

offsides wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:What a turd of a season.

Pens lose to Flyers, Pirates collapse, No hockey, WVU loses 6 of last 8, and ND will win the national championship. I <3 sports :/


You're right, but you forgot the Steelers missing the plauoffs.


I'm not a stillerfan, but I get your point.


I have a friend who posted on twitter, he had the under on this game.. 7 freaking 1.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,181
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 pm

offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:The WVU defense is ranked 113th out of 120 FBS teams for a reason, they stink. They are right at their avg points per game given up which is 39.


oh, if you love ripping the WVU defense this year, you'll love ripping their offense next year.

This was *not* the way WVU fans were envisioning their season ending as recently as Hallloween.


I went to WVU for 2 years (67-69) and after the first couple games was expecting big things from them, but I also noticed the points given up so the collapse didn't come as a big surprise. When the offense sputtered some, they were sunk.

You were a student in 67-69?

wait.. I'm having a hard time getting my head around this.


Yep, I am one old fart physically, but still 23 mentally.


Son of a ... I never realized you were 7-8 years older than me. I always thought that you were in your 30's.

So what do you think about the demolition of Sunnyside? It just won't be the same Morgantown to me anymore.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Son of a ... I never realized you were 7-8 years older than me. I always thought that you were in your 30's.

So what do you think about the demolition of Sunnyside? It just won't be the same Morgantown to me anymore.


Morgantown is always changing. When I was there, the football stadium was downtown and the basketball field house (held about 6000) was in town also. I was in a frat and went back about 20 years later and couldn't find anything. Nothing is quite as sure as change.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm

offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Son of a ... I never realized you were 7-8 years older than me. I always thought that you were in your 30's.

So what do you think about the demolition of Sunnyside? It just won't be the same Morgantown to me anymore.


Morgantown is always changing. When I was there, the football stadium was downtown and the basketball field house (held about 6000) was in town also. I was in a frat and went back about 20 years later and couldn't find anything. Nothing is quite as sure as change.

I saw the Backyard Brawl there at Mountaineer field in 1979. My younger brother lived on College Ave at the time.

The field house was before my time. I wish I'd have experienced that.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 pm

The Alamo Bowl is awesome
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,890
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:33 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:The Alamo Bowl is awesome


Yes it was. :thumb:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby pittsports87 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:55 pm

I wish I would have checked back here after my last post to make a bet with EPP. Big East pride!
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,482
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby the wicked child on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:59 pm

pittsports87 wrote:I wish I would have checked back here after my last post to make a bet with EPP. Big East pride!ACC! ACC!

FIFY
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,882
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby offsides on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:41 am

I know it's late, but the Buffalo Wild Wings game was a pretty good game too. Mich St hangs on for the win.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,512
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:44 am

This was in the Weirton Daily Times:

Image
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:46 am

Rocco wrote:This was in the Weirton Daily Times:

Spoiler:
Image


Marshall grad :)
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackjack68, Dickie Dunn, DudeMan2766, Mango Salsa, Ned Braden, Rocco, skullman80, SolidSnake and 8 guests


e-mail