2012 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:43 pm

newarenanow wrote:http://features.clemson.edu/inside-clemson/inside- %20news/2012/special-announcement

Clemson to Big XII?

ShakinSouthland DrB
The big announcement scheduled is about Clemson Univ finishing our $600M fundraising campaign, and the push for $1B

That's the Twitter feed of the Clemson blog at SB Nation.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimjom on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:04 am

ND and Navy fans were cool. Very welcoming. Virginia fans were indifferent. Rutgers fans are aggressive. Utah fans are jerks. My visiting experience/bowl experience. I think I forgot some I've been to.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am

I went to an Arkansas vs South Carolina game and we sat with a mix of both fans. (The Arkansas chicks were hotter, fwiw.) There was a great energy, but no beer. I wish we had tailgated.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 am

rutgers fans are pathetic
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:rutgers fans are pathetic

There are Rutgers fans?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:02 pm

According to the WVU insiders, Penn State has already contacted the Big XII in the event they get kicked out of the Big 10 and have started negotiations for a backup plan. The chances of them getting kick out are minimal, but they want a backup just in case.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:37 pm

lol
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:45 pm

newarenanow wrote:According to the WVU insiders, Penn State has already contacted the Big XII in the event they get kicked out of the Big 10 and have started negotiations for a backup plan. The chances of them getting kick out are minimal, but they want a backup just in case.

I'm surprised WVU insiders aren't saying WVU would be tabbed to replace Penn State in the B1G if the B1G gets booted.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:According to the WVU insiders, Penn State has already contacted the Big XII in the event they get kicked out of the Big 10 and have started negotiations for a backup plan. The chances of them getting kick out are minimal, but they want a backup just in case.

I'm surprised WVU insiders aren't saying WVU would be tabbed to replace Penn State in the B1G if the B1G gets booted.

Why would they leave the Big XII? It's going to be the super conference of all super conferences.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:03 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:

Why would they leave the Big XII? It's going to be the super conference of all super conferences.

Because WVU is the most desirable program in the land, according to them.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:58 am

Swofford is personally meeting with the Clemson president and BOTs today and through the weekend.

Wonder what that means?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby steve784 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

jimjom wrote:ND and Navy fans were cool. Very welcoming. Virginia fans were indifferent. Rutgers fans are aggressive. Utah fans are jerks. My visiting experience/bowl experience. I think I forgot some I've been to.

Notre Dame was by far the best CFB road trip I've ever done. Absolutely loved it. Other ones I've partaken in were Michigan (fantastic), Ohio State (bleh), Temple (double bleh) and road tripped to Miami for the 2003 Orange Bowl. I hope to get to Nebraska one of these years.
steve784
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pfim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 am

newarenanow wrote:Swofford is personally meeting with the Clemson president and BOTs today and through the weekend.

Wonder what that means?

He's not going to the ACC Football Kickoff event?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:39 am

pfim wrote:
newarenanow wrote:Swofford is personally meeting with the Clemson president and BOTs today and through the weekend.

Wonder what that means?

He's not going to the ACC Football Kickoff event?

Sunday. He'll be there. He is at Clemson right now. That's not a rumor. This meeting has been scheduled for a few weeks.

Now, what they are talking about, that is where the rumor mill swirls.

The Big XII "insiders" are saying he is making a last ditch effort to save Clemson from leaving the ACC.

Others are saying he is there to celebrate the fundraising goal Clemson just reached, and also to just discuss the future of the ACC in general, the new TV contract and how bowl negotations are going.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 am

Not sure it makes any sense to wait a few weeks to have that sort of discussion, Clemson leaving. If that was the issue discussed, he would have been there a long time ago.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:29 pm

newarenanow wrote:A Baylor insider is now saying to look for something to happen 7/20, and it's not the opening of the Darknight Rises.

Said FSU is in, Clemson has until that date to accept (which he thinks they will), and if not, GT will immediately accept. Expansion is happening this Friday according to him.

So is he now saying that the announcement was delayed in deference to the Aurora shooting?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:A Baylor insider is now saying to look for something to happen 7/20, and it's not the opening of the Darknight Rises.

Said FSU is in, Clemson has until that date to accept (which he thinks they will), and if not, GT will immediately accept. Expansion is happening this Friday according to him.

So is he now saying that the announcement was delayed in deference to the Aurora shooting?

No, he is now saying that the move will definitely happen next year. Said his sources are too close to the situation, and although they were optimistic it would happen this year, there is only like a window of 3 weeks to get it done this year and that is not enough time.

Said it shouldl happen by the end of football season and my even leak into 2014, "but it WILL happen". Just need somethings to work out.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:

No, he is now saying that the move will definitely happen next year. Said his sources are too close to the situation, and although they were optimistic it would happen this year, there is only like a window of 3 weeks to get it done this year and that is not enough time.

Said it shouldl happen by the end of football season and my even leak into 2014, "but it WILL happen". Just need somethings to work out.

So how many times does this guy have to guarantee something that doesn't happen before you stop believing him?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:37 pm

http://www.tigernet.com/view/clemson_update.do?id=6400

Perhaps they'll announce the defections of FSU and Clemson on youtube.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Rocco wrote:So how many times does this guy have to guarantee something that doesn't happen before you stop believing him?

newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:So how many times does this guy have to guarantee something that doesn't happen before you stop believing him?

If this was really a done deal since February then it wouldn't matter if they only have 3 weeks left? I mean, you've been telling me it's a done deal all this time. Trolling is still against board rules, right?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:55 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

If this was really a done deal since February then it wouldn't matter if they only have 3 weeks left? I mean, you've been telling me it's a done deal all this time. Trolling is still against board rules, right?

I haven't told you anything. I was just passing info on from the rumor mill.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

I haven't told you anything. I was just passing info on from the rumor mill.

You've said you believe it to be true.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Rocco wrote:You've said you believe it to be true.

I've said I do believe FSU and Clemson will leave.

I've also said NUMEROUS times I don't believe that is will be in the methods the "insiders" post, their timeline, and all the other crazy stuff.

I don't think it will be nearly as dramatic as they make it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:24 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:You've said you believe it to be true.

I've said I do believe FSU and Clemson will leave.

I've also said NUMEROUS times I don't believe that is will be in the methods the "insiders" post, their timeline, and all the other crazy stuff.

I don't think it will be nearly as dramatic as they make it.

So you believe what they're saying to be true. If you're saying you think FSU and Clemson are leaving, then you're saying you believe them.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR