2012 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:58 pm

legame wrote:Didn't they openly agree to the exit fee as a voting member of the conference? I'm not sure how they plan on getting out of it...

They were one of two schools to vote against it.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:00 pm

newarenanow wrote:
legame wrote:Didn't they openly agree to the exit fee as a voting member of the conference? I'm not sure how they plan on getting out of it...

They were one of two schools to vote against it.

They still signed the agreement. And they signed past agreements with exit fees.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

The Dude and Greg Swaim reporting the end of the ACC is near. BIG, SEC and BIg XII are about to pounce and take at least 10 programs.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm

newarenanow wrote:The Dude and Greg Swaim reporting the end of the ACC is near. BIG, SEC and BIg XII are about to pounce and take at least 10 programs.

Those two have never been wrong before.

Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:00 pm

The NCAA uses "Cheat to Win" as its motto.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/pub ... nt+program

Best part is it means Miami is still in limbo. Between this and the recent lawsuit loss in the USC case the enforcement arm is not looking terribly competent.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Ivan Maisel ‏@Ivan_Maisel
To recap: if Emmert & presidents operate outside #NCAA Manual (Penn State), that's OK. But if investigators do so, they lack integrity.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:19 pm

newarenanow wrote:The Dude and Greg Swaim reporting the end of the ACC is near. BIG, SEC and BIg XII are about to pounce and take at least 10 programs.

A week later and nothing. I BELIEVED YOU THIS TIME
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:24 pm

this is what is great about slappy. he dissapears for a period of time and pounces back with fury.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:02 pm

slappybrown wrote:

They are stating it will happen by the end of the month. You still have 7 days.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:19 pm

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

He first said it would happen this week.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Rocco wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

He first said it would happen this week.

Then we still have 2 days left.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pfim on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:23 pm

First the Mayans, now this.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 pm

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

I went to this idiot's website to fact check you (and for that, **** you), and he wrote:
Multiple sources within the Big 10 contend the University of Virginia is set to receive an invitation to join the conference early next week. UVA is expected to ratify the move from the ACC to the Big 10 shortly after receiving the invitation.

He wrote that last Friday. "Early next week", as in Monday or Tuesday or hell, even Wednesday. No invitation. No news. No nothing.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:34 pm

slappybrown wrote:I went to this idiot's website to fact check you (and for that, **** you)

:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:02 pm

Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:51 am

Q: So Miami could take the NCAA to the cleaners?

A: Oh hell yes. Even if the actual damages aren't that great (for example, due to ACC rules Miami actually makes more money when they don't go to a bowl), the prospect of a fraud lawsuit is terrifying. At the very least, a suit by Miami would proceed to the discovery stage. And that means Miami could force Mark Emmert to testify, under oath, what exactly he did to take them down.

Of course, it'll never get to that. Miami has just as much to lose from protracted litigation. Likely the NCAA will settle and Miami will probably avoid punishment.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-footbal ... on-scandal

me gusta...even though its not right, the u might get ray lewis'ed
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 pm

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/bi ... agu/nT7Bt/

I'm sure it's all a cover by known ACC apologist Kirk Bohls. The real big thing here is that the more the big leagues work with one another, the closer we get to the big boys breaking away from the NCAA and having their own system.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 am

Rocco wrote:http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/big-12-exploring-alliance-with-acc-two-other-leagu/nT7Bt/

I'm sure it's all a cover by known ACC apologist Kirk Bohls. The real big thing here is that the more the big leagues work with one another, the closer we get to the big boys breaking away from the NCAA and having their own system.

“We’ve had conversations with three other leagues,” Bowlsby told the American-Statesman on Friday afternoon. “The ACC is one of them. It’s a process of discovery that would provide some of the benefits of larger membership without actually adding members.”

So Bowlsby has spoken with THREE other leagues, and not a single one of those meetings/discussions/covert missions was reported on by the Dude, PurpleCatXXX, NAN, or Swain? This despite them all hearing that the ACC was about to lose TEN of its members 10 days ago? UNPOSSIBLE.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am

slappybrown wrote:
Rocco wrote:http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/big-12-exploring-alliance-with-acc-two-other-leagu/nT7Bt/

“We’ve had conversations with three other leagues,” Bowlsby told the American-Statesman on Friday afternoon. “The ACC is one of them. It’s a process of discovery that would provide some of the benefits of larger membership without actually adding members.”

So Bowlsby has spoken with THREE other leagues, and not a single one of those meetings/discussions/covert missions was reported on by the Dude, PurpleCatXXX, NAN, or Swain? This despite them all hearing that the ACC was about to lose TEN of its members 10 days ago? UNPOSSIBLE.

The Dude shut down his website so now I can't get anymore insider information.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:55 am

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:

The Dude shut down his website so now I can't get anymore insider information.

Seriously, I wonder if he was under a cease and desist.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby slappybrown on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:05 pm

I don't think he was doing anything illegal. Stupid, and made up, but illegal, no.

Also, the site says that the two founders are moving to another company to write for them.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

UVA has a home-and-home now with Oregon. This goes with their games set up against UCLA and Stanford, and they previously played USC. Clearly they're headed to the Pac-12 and not the B1G.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:41 pm

Rocco wrote:UVA has a home-and-home now with Oregon. This goes with their games set up against UCLA and Stanford, and they previously played USC. Clearly they're headed to the Pac-12 and not the B1G.

Just getting to know thier opponents for the Rose Bowl when they win the Big 10.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rocco on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:58 pm

newarenanow wrote:
Rocco wrote:UVA has a home-and-home now with Oregon. This goes with their games set up against UCLA and Stanford, and they previously played USC. Clearly they're headed to the Pac-12 and not the B1G.

Just getting to know thier opponents for the Rose Bowl when they win the Big 10.

So every other B1G team is ineligible?
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR