Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 am

^^ Completely agree with this. I am leaning SJax because I am really expecting the Steelers to come out angry this weekend, and Minny's rush defense isn't anything great.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Kraftster on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 am

Sjax is the easiest of the bunch for me, so I'd definitely go with him over Murray. He's been roughly the 10th best RB the past 5 weeks -- the team has leaned on him heavily since the trade deadline. The passing game sucks. Minnesota isn't a high scoring team so the game won't get out of hand.

Brown scares me. The Eagles are bad and, well, see last week. And see McCoy for much of the season. Bengals have a top third defense against fantasy RBs too.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,250
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Kraftster on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 am

Okay, here's my other league quandary.

Start 3:
Ryan Mathews (vs. Car)
Steven Ridley (vs. SF)
Mikkel Leshoure (@ Ari)
Bryce Brown (vs. Cin)
David Wilson (@ Atl)
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,250
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:00 am

Yeah, I am definitely facing the toughest fantasy decisions I've probably faced all season, and it's the semifinals.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 am

people that are recommending bryce brown - are you familiar with what the cincy run d has been doing lately compounded by the fact that thursday nights are usually stinkers?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:people that are recommending bryce brown - are you familiar with what the cincy run d has been doing lately compounded by the fact that thursday nights are usually stinkers?

I think you gotta play him purely for the big play ability. If you have him on your team you're probably playing him.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:29 am

i dont think i am
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Froggy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 am

Ridley v SF
R. Bush v Jax
S. Jackson v Min

Hilton @ Hou
Amendola v Min
A. Brown @ Dal

Need 1 from each group. Leaning Bush/Hilton.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,934
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Do I take the risk and wait around for RGIII this weekend, or do I pull the trigger on Andy Dalton tonight against the disastrous Eagles secondary?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Do I take the risk and wait around for RGIII this weekend, or do I pull the trigger on Andy Dalton tonight against the disastrous Eagles secondary?

That's tough. Despite the Eagles mailing it in they still shutdown everyone not named Vincent Jackson last week... Is there a guy like Carson Palmer or Colin Kaepernick (sp?) on the waiver wire? Cause if there is I'd wait to see what RGIII will do, if he's out put in Palmer or Kaep, prefer Kaep in that instance.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:17 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Do I take the risk and wait around for RGIII this weekend, or do I pull the trigger on Andy Dalton tonight against the disastrous Eagles secondary?


That's tough. Despite the Eagles mailing it in they still shutdown everyone not named Vincent Jackson last week... Is there a guy like Carson Palmer or Colin Kaepernick (sp?) on the waiver wire? Cause if there is I'd wait to see what RGIII will do, if he's out put in Palmer or Kaep, prefer Kaep in that instance.


Interestingly, Eli Manning got dropped this past week. Atlanta has been good against the pass, but hard to overlook Manning playing in a dome against the Falcons. Maybe pick up Manning in case RGIII can't play?
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Do I take the risk and wait around for RGIII this weekend, or do I pull the trigger on Andy Dalton tonight against the disastrous Eagles secondary?


That's tough. Despite the Eagles mailing it in they still shutdown everyone not named Vincent Jackson last week... Is there a guy like Carson Palmer or Colin Kaepernick (sp?) on the waiver wire? Cause if there is I'd wait to see what RGIII will do, if he's out put in Palmer or Kaep, prefer Kaep in that instance.


Interestingly, Eli Manning got dropped this past week. Atlanta has been good against the pass, but hard to overlook Manning playing in a dome against the Falcons. Maybe pick up Manning in case RGIII can't play?

Yes that, especially because that game should be high scoring... although I'd still prefer Kaep because his floor is probably 15 points with a ceiling that could be much higher based on his rushing.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I have predicaments this week. I'm just kicking myself for not trading an RB for WR. I though Harvin would come back, but he hasn't, and Fitzgerald has just sucked in the meantime.

Flex:
Leshoure @ Arizona
Ridley vs. San Fransisco
Green-Ellis @ Philadelphia

WR:
Josh Gordon vs. Washington
Torrey Smith vs. Denver
Larry Fitzgerald vs. Detroit
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,157
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Gordon, Green-Ellis
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Yea, I think I am going to pick up Manning over Dalton. While he isn't a huge upgrade, I would much rather wait and make that decision as soon as RGIII's status is certain than on Thursday.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:26 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:I have predicaments this week. I'm just kicking myself for not trading an RB for WR. I though Harvin would come back, but he hasn't, and Fitzgerald has just sucked in the meantime.

Flex:
Leshoure @ Arizona
Ridley vs. San Fransisco
Green-Ellis @ Philadelphia

WR:
Josh Gordon vs. Washington
Torrey Smith vs. Denver
Larry Fitzgerald vs. Detroit

Ridley because when in close the Pats LOVE to rush it... Green Ellis is about equal with that though... I probably go BJGE and hate myself for it.

WR: Gordon for sure. Gets a ton of targets. Weeden is better than people give him credit for. Smith relies on the deep ball, he's like a worse version of Vincent Jackson with a bad QB. Fitz should be dropped. Lindley or whatever his QBs name is now won't help you and if there's something on the wire that you think could help you get them and drop Fitz.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:41 pm

I've ridden my young RBs hard this year, and they've treated me well. I have Richardson, Martin, and Ridley. I want to continue off into the sunset, but San Fran is terrifying this week. Green-Ellis has similar yards as Ridley, but Ridley is a TD machine, like you said. I don't know. i don't usually play matchups that well. Ugh.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,157
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Staggy on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm

I need some help with my quarterback situation, Tom Brady vs SF or Josh Freeman vs NO? Standard scoring except it's 6 points for a touchdown pass. I'd hate to bench Brady and get screwed since he's pretty much the only reason I'm in the semis but the matchups heavily favor Freeman. What do you guys think?
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,038
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

Staggy wrote:I need some help with my quarterback situation, Tom Brady vs SF or Josh Freeman vs NO? Standard scoring except it's 6 points for a touchdown pass. I'd hate to bench Brady and get screwed since he's pretty much the only reason I'm in the semis but the matchups heavily favor Freeman. What do you guys think?

You don't bench your studs.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Nailer Cim on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 pm

PPR league: sproles or McFadden?
Nailer Cim
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:36 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Nailer Cim wrote:PPR league: sproles or McFadden?

I probably go McFadden against KC.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,446
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby opie22002 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 pm

My opponent has Ahmad Bradshaw and nobody on the bench to take his place. I was higher on the waiver order so I picked up David Wilson to keep him from getting him even though I have CJ2K and Ray Rice. He texted me in a huff and called it a low move. Am I missing something here? Was I wrong?
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,245
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Nothing wrong at all with what you did. that's call "handcuffing", and it's a perfectly acceptable part of fantasy football.

Naturally I start the Bengals defense (#1 this week) and they SUCK
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,751
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby ulf on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:31 pm

no thats a great move
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Official Fantasy Football 2012 Discussion Thread

Postby ulf on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:32 pm

started dalton over romo. the steelers d better shut romo down or all be all kinds of upset lol
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,319
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


e-mail