2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 am

PghSkins wrote:Make the world a better place

Punch Dez Bryant in the face


Grade A dbag but a hell of a receiver
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:11 am

PghSkins wrote:Make the world a better place

Punch Dez Bryant in the face

Guy can't be contained by one defender. Started the year with questions on if he'd ever put it together. Then something clicked.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,189
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby bhaw on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:16 am

Lol... Rex is a terrible coach... wouldn't even tell Sanchez he's benched to his face

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... inevitable

To his credit, Rex was probably thinking of ways to trash talk their next opponent.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,991
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:20 am

And THAT is the reason Brown doesn't have a shot of taking McCoy's job
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,518
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:21 am

Let me guess, the Cowboys still have a chance to win the division everytime they win you hear the same crap everytime
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,069
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:22 am

shafnutz05 wrote:And THAT is the reason Brown doesn't have a shot of taking McCoy's job

Eh the kid is totally raw, like these last 2 games are the only meaningful games he's played in what years. As long as they have good coaches to mold him he can totally be something special... he's just pure raw talent right now.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,189
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby PghSkins on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 am

Way to bone this up, stupid Eagles.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,216
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 am

Pavel Bure wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:And THAT is the reason Brown doesn't have a shot of taking McCoy's job


Eh the kid is totally raw, like these last 2 games are the only meaningful games he's played in what years. As long as they have good coaches to mold him he can totally be something special... he's just pure raw talent right now.


Don't get me wrong, I totally agree. I think he has more upside than McCoy which is saying a lot. But I think the fumbles will be justification for keeping McCoy in if and when he is healthy.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,518
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:27 am

Rank these receivers:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Wes Welker
Antonio Brown
Julio Jones
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:28 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:And THAT is the reason Brown doesn't have a shot of taking McCoy's job


Eh the kid is totally raw, like these last 2 games are the only meaningful games he's played in what years. As long as they have good coaches to mold him he can totally be something special... he's just pure raw talent right now.


Don't get me wrong, I totally agree. I think he has more upside than McCoy which is saying a lot. But I think the fumbles will be justification for keeping McCoy in if and when he is healthy.

Oh yeah I don't think McCoy was at any time in any danger of losing his job. I will say that since the Eagles are out of it they will be super cautious with McCoy and won't rush him back. I'd also think since they are out of it Brown might get some more work just to show him off and maybe turn him into something at the draft.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,189
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby ulf on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 am

Fantasy or skill? (Fitz will vary greatly between the 2 because no one can throw him the ball). If skill:

Megatron
Fitz
Andre Johnson
Dez
Jones
Welker
Brown
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,474
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:29 am

Godric wrote:Rank these receivers:

Calvin Johnson1
Larry Fitzgerald6
Andre Johnson5
Dez Bryant3
Wes Welker4
Antonio Brown7
Julio Jones2


Ranked for fantasy purposes.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,189
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=289635 get bitcoins

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:33 am

I was talking about skill
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Staggy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:58 am

Calvin Johnson
AJ Green (added because I think he's the second best WR in the league)
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Wes Welker
Antonio Brown
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,807
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby bhaw on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 am

Staggy wrote:Calvin Johnson
AJ Green (added because I think he's the second best WR in the league)
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones
Andre Johnson
Dez Bryant
Wes Welker
Antonio Brown


I put Jones behind A Johnson and Bryant and a big asterisk between Bryant and Welker/Brown b/c there is a lot of distance between those two and the rest of the names.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,991
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:00 pm
Location: From Hockey Siberia to Hockey Hell

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Kaizer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:24 am

no reggie wayne?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,297
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 am

Kaizer wrote:no reggie wayne?


Needs to retire
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rylan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:28 am

Megatron
Fitz
Green
Johnson
Marshall
Jones
Bryant
Brown
Welker
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby mikey287 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:42 am

Godric wrote:
Kaizer wrote:no reggie wayne?


Needs to retire


Oops.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,760
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 am

Godric wrote:
Kaizer wrote:no reggie wayne?


Needs to retire

What? I'd rank him in the top 10 this year. He still has it.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,723
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

wayne is a master of execution. guys like that can last a while.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,281
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby mikey287 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:14 am

Yeah, he's been nothing short of incredible this year. Full marks and full respect for him sticking in Indianapolis. He could have very easily left and no one would have thought it odd. What he's done to help make this Colts team what it is has been just phenomenal. And yes, shmenguin, you're absolutely correct. Wayne can last a while because he never puts himself in position to get killed out there (unless he knows the team really needs him to catch a ball or throw a big block, then he'll sacrifice his body) - he doesn't try to bowl over guys and show off...he just goes out and does his job and does it very well.

I'm not sure how the NFL ballots work, but if they work anything like the NHL's, Wayne will get some small amount of support (even if it's just a head-nod of sorts) for the MVP.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,760
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:22 am

mikey287 wrote:And yes, shmenguin, you're absolutely correct. Wayne can last a while because he never puts himself in position to get killed out there (unless he knows the team really needs him to catch a ball or throw a big block, then he'll sacrifice his body) - he doesn't try to bowl over guys and show off...he just goes out and does his job and does it very well.


i was at miami the same time as wayne. he's always been that way. he and santana moss came through the system at the same time, and while moss was a hundred times more flashy, i always thought wayne was going to be a better pro. turns out they both did very well, but wayne's the man.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,281
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby mikey287 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 am

That's awesome. Must have been a treat. Wayne fits the Indianapolis Colts about as well as anyone I've seen from a skill player position. Obviously Unitas (Baltimore) and Manning are two of the faces of the franchise and would be the masthead of any franchise, but guys like Wayne and Harrison really did and do fit the Colts (as I know them) m.o. to a T.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,760
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 am

mikey287 wrote:That's awesome. Must have been a treat. Wayne fits the Indianapolis Colts about as well as anyone I've seen from a skill player position. Obviously Unitas (Baltimore) and Manning are two of the faces of the franchise and would be the masthead of any franchise, but guys like Wayne and Harrison really did and do fit the Colts (as I know them) m.o. to a T.


these guys all went through to miami during my time there

edgerrin james
reggie wayne
santana moss
clinton portis
jeremy shockey
frank gore
willis mcgahee

...and these are just the skill players. you also had sean taylor, ed reed, vince wilfork (who i'm pretty sure almost decided to murder me one night at about 4am walking back to my dorm) and a bunch of other guys.

IMO, gore was the most talented of all of those guys. he had 2 ACL tears in college, which was a tragedy. he's had a good career despite that, but with the right team and 2 healthy knees, he would have been one of the best RB's ever, IMO.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,281
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, Eismann, kovyfalcon27, legame, mikey287, Rocco, the wicked child, UVM2003 and 7 guests

e-mail