2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Godric wrote:Anyone put any bets on the SB yet?


BETTING IS ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE BUT NEVADA

Never been to Delaware, eh?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby mac5155 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 am

mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,152
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:02 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Godric wrote:Anyone put any bets on the SB yet?


BETTING IS ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE BUT NEVADA

Never been to Delaware, eh?


did delaware actually ever get around to legalizing sports betting? They talked about it for a while, but kenny the kangaroo thought they never pulled the trigger on it.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,142
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am

I just realized this is the first time in 10 years that the qb for the afc team in the superbowl isn't Brady, Manning, or Ben.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby ExPatriatePen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:51 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
Godric wrote:Anyone put any bets on the SB yet?


BETTING IS ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE BUT NEVADA

Never been to Delaware, eh?


did delaware actually ever get around to legalizing sports betting? They talked about it for a while, but kenny the kangaroo thought they never pulled the trigger on it.

You just can't bet on single games.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby MelicharSux on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:39 pm

Anyone doing any prop bets? Which are good? I have a friend going to Vegas and I'm trying to figure out what to bet on.
MelicharSux
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,532
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:45 am
Location: Columbus.

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Sounding like Ray Lewis probably used banned substances to recover from his triceps injury. What a likable leader...
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,829
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby canaan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:37 pm

According to Sports Illustrated, Lewis contacted a company owned by a former male stripper to obtain a deer-antler velvet extract after tearing his triceps in October.


lol
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,249
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am
Location: H2S

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Flacco was also quoted as saying the idea of playing a super bowl in NYC is "retarded", and he's come under fire for his choice of words
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby viva la ben on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Ross prescribed a deluxe program, including holographic stickers on the right elbow; copious quantities of the powder additive; sleeping in front of a beam-ray light programmed with frequencies for tissue regeneration and pain relief; drinking negatively charged water; a 10-per-day regimen of the deer-antler pills that will "rebuild your brain via your small intestines" (and which Lewis said he hadn't been taking, then swallowed four during the conversation); and spritzes of deer-antler velvet extract (the Ultimate Spray) every two hours.

"Spray on my elbow every two hours?" Lewis asked.

"No," Ross said, "under your tongue."


:lol:

http://m.si.com/1347303/deer-antler-spr ... is-others/
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,570
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:11 am

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:13 am

is this real?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,243
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:15 am

Troy Loney wrote:is this real?


I checked for the telltale signs of photo editing software and couldn't find any.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,829
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:17 am

Froggy wrote:Flacco was also quoted as saying the idea of playing a super bowl in NYC is "retarded", and he's come under fire for his choice of words


People need to get over themselves.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,970
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Pavel Bure on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:21 am

viva la ben wrote:
Ross prescribed a deluxe program, including holographic stickers on the right elbow; copious quantities of the powder additive; sleeping in front of a beam-ray light programmed with frequencies for tissue regeneration and pain relief; drinking negatively charged water; a 10-per-day regimen of the deer-antler pills that will "rebuild your brain via your small intestines" (and which Lewis said he hadn't been taking, then swallowed four during the conversation); and spritzes of deer-antler velvet extract (the Ultimate Spray) every two hours.

"Spray on my elbow every two hours?" Lewis asked.

"No," Ross said, "under your tongue."


:lol:

http://m.si.com/1347303/deer-antler-spr ... is-others/

Wait so wearing those magnet bracelets is real science and will give me super balance. Oh my God. Stickers to? Holy crap. I can't believe people give these types of snake oil salesman any of their time.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,466
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby viva la ben on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:27 am

As crazy as it sounds deer antler velvet extract is specifically banned by the NFL as a PED.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,570
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 am

But they don't test for it?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:34 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:But they don't test for it?


Needs a blood test
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 am

Idoit40fans wrote:
Froggy wrote:Flacco was also quoted as saying the idea of playing a super bowl in NYC is "retarded", and he's come under fire for his choice of words


People need to get over themselves.


Mark Madden actually hit the nail right on the head yesterday. "Retarded" IS NOT A SLUR. It is an actual word used in the English language. If you call someone a "******", then that is most certainly an insult.

The holier-than-thou reaction people prop up when someone uses the word "retarded" is pathetic.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,829
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:36 am

lol, well it would appear that even the board filter gets it right
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,829
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:40 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Froggy wrote:Flacco was also quoted as saying the idea of playing a super bowl in NYC is "retarded", and he's come under fire for his choice of words


People need to get over themselves.


Mark Madden actually hit the nail right on the head yesterday. "Retarded" IS NOT A SLUR. It is an actual word used in the English language. If you call someone a "******", then that is most certainly an insult.

The holier-than-thou reaction people prop up when someone uses the word "retarded" is pathetic.


Same when the word (term for bundle of sticks) gets automatically associated with gays despite the majority of younger generations associate it with d-bags and not gays. Right?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:49 am

Rylan wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:But they don't test for it?


Needs a blood test


Blood testing is illegal?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,499
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Froggy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
Froggy wrote:Flacco was also quoted as saying the idea of playing a super bowl in NYC is "retarded", and he's come under fire for his choice of words


People need to get over themselves.


Mark Madden actually hit the nail right on the head yesterday. "Retarded" IS NOT A SLUR. It is an actual word used in the English language. If you call someone a "******", then that is most certainly an insult.

The holier-than-thou reaction people prop up when someone uses the word "retarded" is pathetic.


Eh, in this context, it means that he thinks it's retarded as being stupid. Not retarded meaning slowed or halted. In this context it's not entirely appropriate. It's like saying something is gay.

I agree that people get overly sensitive about this stuff, but let's not be so naive to ignore context, and maybe if someone is talking to the media during the week before the super bowl, when all eyes are on you, think before you speak, and don't choose words that you know are going to make people upset.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:02 am

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
Rylan wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:But they don't test for it?


Needs a blood test


Blood testing is illegal?


The union is holding it up from my understanding
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,087
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: 2012-13 NFL thread (non-Steelers edition)

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:02 am

I would get more "offended" if I thought Flacco was displaying his thoughts on mentally retarded citizens and how stupid and inferior they are. But I really don't think that was his intent in any remote fashion, and it's really only inappropriate because people naturally turn it into: "SEE? FLACCO HATES PEOPLE WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES!"

All that being said, I completely agree that he should know that the media will pounce on words like that, so he should have been wiser in his choice of them.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,829
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


e-mail