The Voice - Official Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The Voice - Official Thread

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:44 am

Let me start off by saying I usually hate these kinds of shows but I think this one is different.

Cee Lo, Blake, Christina, and Adam are atleast respectable artists

Anyway, if enough people say they watch this show I'd like to have a place to discusssss
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: The Voice - Official Thread

Postby thepittman on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:54 am

thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 am

Not sure if the kids still say this, but: lol
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:12 am

Eh whatever
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:19 am

Go Blake Shelton.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 am

pittsports87 wrote:Go Blake Shelton.

I hope Cee Lo wins this one
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 am

Team BS FTW.

I hate all these talent shows, and share the views of country music's Eric Church in believing they dilute the industry and undermine those that tour for 10 years before getting noticed. That being said, the Voice is sooooo much fun to watch. The judges have an awesome dynamic, and as a huge fan of Blake Shelton's music, he is so funny on the show.

Last night, I thought the latino singer on Adam's team was the best followed by Blake's country music singer, Cee Lo's 18-year old R&B guy, and the initial Scottish rocker that picked Blake.

It will be a travesty if another male R&B singer wins.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:01 pm

I know she has been used up hard but I would still love to do naughty things to Christina.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:06 pm

lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ajh2298 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Well she is from Wexford that means I have a shot right?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm

That is about as far from what I thought the perception was of Wexford as could be.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 pm

I'll watch at least the first few episodes to see if there's anyone interesting.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:33 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:That is about as far from what I thought the perception was of Wexford as could be.

Yeah, Wexford is kinda uppity, they all drive expensive cars :pop:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:36 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Team BS FTW.

I hate all these talent shows, and share the views of country music's Eric Church in believing they dilute the industry and undermine those that tour for 10 years before getting noticed. That being said, the Voice is sooooo much fun to watch. The judges have an awesome dynamic, and as a huge fan of Blake Shelton's music, he is so funny on the show.

Last night, I thought the latino singer on Adam's team was the best followed by Blake's country music singer, Cee Lo's 18-year old R&B guy, and the initial Scottish rocker that picked Blake.

It will be a travesty if another male R&B singer wins.

:thumb:

I'd rank the singers like this so far:

Adam's Latino singer
Blake's Scot Rock guy
Blake's Country Blondy
Cee Lo's RB guy
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:56 pm

I watched last season because I had a thing for that grungy rock girl whos name I have since forgotten but I'm pretty sure she was runner-up
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:27 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:I watched last season because I had a thing for that grungy rock girl whos name I have since forgotten but I'm pretty sure she was runner-up

Spoiler:

Sounds like my kind of girl :lol:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Juliet's amazing. Really, one of the best natural rock singers I heard in 10 years. That girl deserves the stars.

I watch The Voice. Only such show I like. I have not watched a single episode of the X Factor or America's Top Talent (whatever it's called... with howard stern and ozzy's a-hole wife) and will not, mainly due to the judges. I think American Idol was pretty good early on, but it's been quiet the joke the last few years. I will still watch the funny auditions they have in the beginning, but unless they have a contestant I want to follow, I will not touch it - main reason here is too much cuddling. They go out of their way not to criticise in order to sell their product full of crappy singers. Last year, AI had Jessica Sanchez who I think is an amazing talent so I just followed her performances on their website or youtube. If you caught it, she was the one singing at the Democratic National Convention.

What separates The Voice is that you have 4 serious and accomplished musicians as judges and that the contestants they bring on are often older, some of which have sold records in the past, maybe currently attending a music school, etc.. Many people who can sing and deserve a shot. This is a much more professional format. Wow, 64 contestants this time, 16 per team.

I don't have any early favorites yet, but there were a couple of serious hotties already....
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Came across this, and I was like Damn she would definitely win
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 pm

Dont watch the show and didnt watch that youtube, but jeff buckley's hallelujah is impossible to screw up. If you go on one of these shows and don't sing it at some point, you're a dumdum. It's a slam dunk every time.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:20 pm

I remember John Farnham. Unfortunately.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:15 am

Godric wrote:

Came across this, and I was like Damn she would definitely win

That video should have ended with Belushi coming down the steps and smashing that guitar to bits. The feedback would have been awesome.

The chick from Vermont who sang this last night has some serious chops. This song is overdone though on these shows, and it isn't enough just to sing it well as a result - so I disagree with it being dumb to NOT sing it. The chick last night did some really good things with it, but her voice is great - powerful and clear. The girl in this video just has a pretty voice, but nothing earth-shattering - so I'm not sure how it would play for her in a competition.

I watch the Voice, and my favorite to now is the African dude who had to flee his native country with his brothers leaving his father behind in prison. His story, his persona and his ability are all top-shelf stuff. He is a dude who is just so happy and it comes through in every word he speaks or sings.

You never know how the long and stressful nature of the show affects a person after only one performance, but he is my early favorite for a number of reasons.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby blackjack68 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:24 am

The Animal House reference is the first thing I thought of when it took a minute plus to get to the vocals. I wanted to smash that guitar Belushi-style.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Wtf is with this show? I flip the channel to it and Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday is auditioning. I thought it was amateurs?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 pm

canaan wrote:Wtf is with this show? I flip the channel to it and Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday is auditioning. I thought it was amateurs?

Oh look, I only had to go 4 posts up to find the answer in its natural habitat!

Sarcastic wrote:
What separates The Voice is that you have 4 serious and accomplished musicians as judges and that the contestants they bring on are often older, some of which have sold records in the past, maybe currently attending a music school, etc.. Many people who can sing and deserve a shot. This is a much more professional format. Wow, 64 contestants this time, 16 per team.

I don't have any early favorites yet, but there were a couple of serious hotties already....

Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 am

:lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to NHR