Chicago Advice Needed ASAP

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Chicago Advice Needed ASAP

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:30 am

blackjack68 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:How safe is the area around Hard Rock/Magnificent Mile? Am I safe to walk back from O'Toole's or better off cabbing it?

How far is Wrigley from that area?

Googlemaps tells me it's 4 mi from Wrigley to the John Hancock Center on the MM. Believe it's safe to walk, YMMV on whether you want to spend the time and energy to do it.

I'll probably take the train (red line) to Wrigley. Walk several other places. Thanks.

This is def the way to go. Don't sprint out of the stadium, walk around th estadium and see the bars on the home plate side. The line to get back on the L looks huge right after the last out, but it dwindls pretty quickly.

Where you're staying is pretty safe from sunrise to maybe 1 am. Perhaps a little iffy after that, but not a big deal. I was there at about 5:00 am last Sat morning to catch a bus to the Ryder Cup, and didn't see any reason to be nervous. Like any city, any place can be the wrong place at a given time, but this area isn't always the wrong place.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Chicago Advice Needed ASAP

Postby pressure=9Pa on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Hope I'm not too late on this, but also know that it isn't uncommon to experience all four seasons within the span of nine innings at Wrigley if the wind shifts. Layering is a good idea.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR