Left or Right (bed-related)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Left or Right (bed-related)

Postby eddysnake on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:13 am

How'd you do last night Shaf?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:44 am

bh wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
bh wrote:I definately still get nightmares. Usually they invole aliens; wild animals such as lions, bears, sharks, and wolves; or robots. Usually they are trying to kill me as well. The robots are absolutely the worst though.

are they "nightmares" because of the disturbing subject matter or because they affected you?

i mean...i had a dream where i was trapped inside a giant terrarium, and live dinosaurs were being crammed into an oversized meat grinder right next to me...now that's pretty disturbing by most accounts, but i just thought it was neat-o
What if you were going through the grinder? They are nightmares because usually I am being eaten and since I don't realize I am dreaming, I believe that I am realing being eaten. It scares the crap out of me and I wake up screaming (or my wife wakes me up) with heavy breathing and a racing heart. They're pretty random as well. I'll could get one in 6 months and then I could get three in a week. I have lots of "other" types of dreams as well so it's all good.

i've died a couple times. i was shot once, fell from a cliff the other time. again: neat-o
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 am

bh wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
bh wrote:I definately still get nightmares. Usually they invole aliens; wild animals such as lions, bears, sharks, and wolves; or robots. Usually they are trying to kill me as well. The robots are absolutely the worst though.

are they "nightmares" because of the disturbing subject matter or because they affected you?

i mean...i had a dream where i was trapped inside a giant terrarium, and live dinosaurs were being crammed into an oversized meat grinder right next to me...now that's pretty disturbing by most accounts, but i just thought it was neat-o
What if you were going through the grinder? They are nightmares because usually I am being eaten and since I don't realize I am dreaming, I believe that I am realing being eaten. It scares the crap out of me and I wake up screaming (or my wife wakes me up) with heavy breathing and a racing heart. They're pretty random as well. I'll could get one in 6 months and then I could get three in a week. I have lots of "other" types of dreams as well so it's all good.

You wake up screaming? I've never had a nightmare then. I've woken up with an elevated heart rate though.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:25 pm

I sleep on my stomach, and my wife on her back, so technically, i guess both? :lol:

I always sleep near the door, so if we go to a hotel or move the bed, I switch.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:47 pm

My gf would lose her mind if we ever switched sides. I probably would too. It would feel way too weird, I'd never fall asleep
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:48 pm

count2infinity wrote:I sleep on the left 1/3 of the bed. She's on the right 2/3 of the bed.

Spoiler:
big girls need lovin too :pop:
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

lol
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:52 pm

lol. that genuinely brought a smile to my face. she's a bed hog, has been since we moved in together. It used to be about a 15-85 split, i've managed to concur part of the area to get it to 1/3 mine, so we're working toward that 50/50 split.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:29 pm

count2infinity wrote:lol. that genuinely brought a smile to my face. she's a bed hog, has been since we moved in together. It used to be about a 15-85 split, i've managed to concur part of the area to get it to 1/3 mine, so we're working toward that 50/50 split.

Haha... mine gives me probably 60% of the bed, but split into 30% on each side of her. It would be great if I could split my body in half to accommodate her diagonal sleeping
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:For those who share their bed with their wives/husbands/significant others... what side do you sleep on???

I sleep on the right side, gf on the left. Am I weird?

Me too. I'm righty so when I want to get romantic, I need to use my right hand. To hold her hand. While we kiss. You get it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby legame on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Right side. Even when I sleep alone, I take up the 1/3 of the bed usually allowed to me, which just looks awkward.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR