________ and a beauty!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: ________ and a beauty!

Postby shmenguin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:03 pm

it's cool to call people out - but not if that's the vast majority of your posts, and your overall "raison d'etre"

and come on, eddy...your posts are consistently top shelf stuff. don't expect to get called out any time soon
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Most KS' issues were in PR right? I know him mostly as the NHR poster so I'm not even sure what really got him banned.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm

I think that the number one issue for me as a member of this board is that people be respectful to each other. I don't need to come here and have to argue my way out of stupid stuff. I like to relax and have some laughs. Being nasty on a forum is so, like, 15 years ago.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Sarcastic wrote:I think that the number one issue for me as a member of this board is that people be respectful to each other. I don't need to come here and have to argue my way out of stupid stuff. I like to relax and have some laughs. Being nasty on a forum is so, like, 15 years ago.

Totally agree with this. I never find one person to be as annoying as the trend over the last few years here - where the pack kicks in. You know "I wish the Pens still gave keychains out with the Season Tix". Then watch as the pack turns that into "spoiled season ticket holder" and "I'll take your Tix, I've been on the list".

The only thing more annoying than having to argue with someone on a message board is to have to defend yourself on multiple fronts - each with a slightly different angle. It is exhausting, and I just stopped posting here for quite a while over it. Been here since the earliest years at the old board, but it just gets too tiring.

I craft and defend "positions" for a living, and I am quite good at it. I come here for some yuks and a little hockey talk.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:13 pm

couple yuks for ya. No go on the hockey talk
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:14 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Totally agree with this. I never find one person to be as annoying as the trend over the last few years here - where the pack kicks in. You know "I wish the Pens still gave keychains out with the Season Tix". Then watch as the pack turns that into "spoiled season ticket holder" and "I'll take your Tix, I've been on the list".

I'd argue with you that I'd want your keychain.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby canaan on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:18 pm

The Snapshot wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:I think that the number one issue for me as a member of this board is that people be respectful to each other. I don't need to come here and have to argue my way out of stupid stuff. I like to relax and have some laughs. Being nasty on a forum is so, like, 15 years ago.

The only thing more annoying than having to argue with someone on a message board is to have to defend yourself on multiple fronts - each with a slightly different angle. It is exhausting, and I just stopped posting here for quite a while over it. Been here since the earliest years at the old board, but it just gets too tiring.

I craft and defend "positions" for a living, and I am quite good at it. I come here for some yuks and a little hockey talk.

so start a blog if you want to give an opinion and not have people judge you on it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:20 pm

canaan wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

so start a blog if you want to give an opinion and not have people judge you on it.

Wut?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm

I still don't know what this thread is about. Is that ok?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

That joke is getting tired and this thread has been up for only a day.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

what is the joke?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:39 pm

No one thought my Mr Yuk joke was funny. I hate you guys.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:That joke is getting tired and this thread has been up for only a day.

What joke?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:40 pm

mac5155 wrote:No one thought my Mr Yuk joke was funny. I hate you guys.

I smirked. Does that make you feel better?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:43 pm

glove save?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:10 pm

canaan wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:

No thanks. Blogging is for self-important losers, if I am to judge. The internet is broken.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Long after his banning, Kicksave continues to rile tensions and cause rifts on the board
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Lt. Dish on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:47 pm

eddysnake wrote:glove save?

I think maybe "a DRIIIVE and waffleboarded to the side."
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby PghSkins on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:49 pm