The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:14 pm

relantel wrote:Fear is back this weekend. It can't possibly get any worse, can it?


I will watch just to find out.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Sigwolf on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:32 am

Zarovich wrote:
relantel wrote:Fear is back this weekend. It can't possibly get any worse, can it?


I will watch just to find out.


Newsflash to Fear producers... setting the new season's trailer to amazingly annoying music will not endear the crap you are spewing to Walking Dead fans...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,025
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby DelPen on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:40 am

I decided to skip watching this season and wait for Netflix. But are they STILL fighting Negan? Seems like it’s just dragging on and on.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 46,994
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:40 pm

DelPen wrote:I decided to skip watching this season and wait for Netflix. But are they STILL fighting Negan? Seems like it’s just dragging on and on.


Fight is over but Negan is alive.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Badger Bob on Wed May 02, 2018 4:18 pm

They should just end TWD now. The show has gone downhill the last couple of seasons.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Sigwolf on Wed May 02, 2018 5:16 pm

At least there is a shred of hope for Fear now, the new additions are vastly more interesting than the original cast, and...

Spoiler:
They finally offed the annoying, emo, Johnny Depp-wannabe!
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,025
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:10 pm
Location: north central Ohio

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Badger Bob on Thu May 03, 2018 7:21 am

I saw the first episode of Fear for this season. I have to catch up on the last couple. The first one was decent.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Fri May 04, 2018 12:18 pm

The disconnect between the end of last season of Fear and the start of this one is annoying. I like the show but that is a big hole.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby FLPensFan on Tue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

Zarovich wrote:The disconnect between the end of last season of Fear and the start of this one is annoying. I like the show but that is a big hole.

I am absolutely HATING this season of Fear, so much so that I may stop watching.

I am so confused by the gaping hole between last season and this season, and even more confused by this whole two timeline things. Doing it for one episode may work, but for a whole season or multiple episodes......WTF.

I thought it was cool they were bringing on some new people, but, it seems like Jenna Elfman (Naomi) came on just to get killed off somehow within 3 episodes.....if I am following the timeline correctly and what Alycia said.

They really needed to think out the whole story for Fear much better before starting the series. I often feel like they are just throwing random crap at a dart board, and there is no order or meaning to how things air. Every few shows they do some really cool things (I liked the girl who was feeding information to nomad people), but they screw so much else up

Biggest issue I have is where TWD was great at killing off and replacing characters with INTERESTING characters, Fear really struggles with this. Daniel, Travis, Ophelia, and now Nick are all gone from season 1. Who has really replaced them.....they had the ranch brothers and father, but they killed them off already, Anna Lucia....big whoop....maybe the girl reporter and I like John Dorie so far, but, it's just not a great show. Has dropped off pretty sharply for me.

I think TWD had a lag for a season and a half, drawing out the Negan stuff waaaaay too long, but I thought last season, or at least the 2nd half was pretty good and next season SHOULD be good as well.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,090
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Inkio on Sun May 20, 2018 10:41 am

FLPensFan wrote:
Zarovich wrote:The disconnect between the end of last season of Fear and the start of this one is annoying. I like the show but that is a big hole.

I am absolutely HATING this season of Fear, so much so that I may stop watching.

I am so confused by the gaping hole between last season and this season, and even more confused by this whole two timeline things. Doing it for one episode may work, but for a whole season or multiple episodes......WTF.

I thought it was cool they were bringing on some new people, but, it seems like Jenna Elfman (Naomi) came on just to get killed off somehow within 3 episodes.....if I am following the timeline correctly and what Alycia said.

They really needed to think out the whole story for Fear much better before starting the series. I often feel like they are just throwing random crap at a dart board, and there is no order or meaning to how things air. Every few shows they do some really cool things (I liked the girl who was feeding information to nomad people), but they screw so much else up

Biggest issue I have is where TWD was great at killing off and replacing characters with INTERESTING characters, Fear really struggles with this. Daniel, Travis, Ophelia, and now Nick are all gone from season 1. Who has really replaced them.....they had the ranch brothers and father, but they killed them off already, Anna Lucia....big whoop....maybe the girl reporter and I like John Dorie so far, but, it's just not a great show. Has dropped off pretty sharply for me.

I think TWD had a lag for a season and a half, drawing out the Negan stuff waaaaay too long, but I thought last season, or at least the 2nd half was pretty good and next season SHOULD be good as well.


I actually feel the exact opposite as you. I like this season of fear more than any other season.
Spoiler:
I really liked Nick as a character and thought he was the only thing holding the show together. I was pissed when they killed him off. The same thing with Travis. He was a much better lead than Madison.


I think John Dorie is an awesome character. It helps that Garret Dillahunt is my favorite character actor. I’m glad they took the whole series in a different direction. The way they were going was stale and very similar to TWD. I think they jumped into them being a part of a civilization way too fast. The nomadic way is much more interesting.

The less screen time Madison gets the better. I never liked the actor playing her. Even way back in deadwood I though she was stale and had no range. Personally I’ve enjoyed this season way more than others. I also think the last episode was one of the best episodes out of both shows all together.

TWD is completely garbage to me now. I only watch it because I’ve invested so many years in it. The writing is horrible. It’s just straight up bad television now.
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:28 pm

Still not digging FTWD. This two-timeline stuff just is making an already crappy season even worse. I can't see casual fans being able to keep up with this back and forth timeline.

Spoiler:
Maybe I fell asleep and missed something, but Nick died in the 3rd episode this season. We are on the 7th, next week being the 8th episode, and they STILL haven't had Alycia, Strand, and Anna Lucia bring Nick home and see Madison's reaction to Nick dying. Please tell me in this twisted 2 timeline world that has gone on like 6 episodes too long that they aren't saving that for the season Finale.


Looked at the numbers today:

Season 1 Pilot had 10.13 million viewers, and lowest viewers in Season 1 was 6.62 million viewers.
Season 2 episode 1 had 6.67 million viewers (highest that season), and lowest of 2.99 million.
Season 3 episode 1 had 3.11 million viewers (highest), and lowest of 1.99 million.
Season 4 episode 1 had 4.09 million viewers (highest), and lowest of 2.31 million, with numbers on last nights episode not in yet.

Since and including Season 3 Episode 1, there have only been 3 episodes that had 3 million or more viewers. Only 3 out of 22 episodes (not counting last night) over 3 million viewers. This show is sinking like a lead weight.

I know a lot of people have said they have stopped watching the Walking Dead, and the numbers show it, but TWD numbers are still very strong.
Season 1, only 6 episodes, stared with 5.35m viewers and ended with 5.97m viewers.
Season 2 had a high of 8.99m and low of 6.08m viewers.
Season 3 had a high of 12.42m and low of 9.21m viewers.
Season 4 had a high of 16.11m viewers and low of 11.29.
Season 5 had a high of 17.29m and low of 12.27 viewers.
Season 6, high of 14.63m, low of 12.18m viewers.
Season 7, high of 17.03m, low of 10.16m viewers. (17.03 million was for
Spoiler:
Glenn and Abraham death
. Besides that episode, 12.46 million was the highest for the rest of the season)
Season 8, high of 11.42m, low of 6.30m viewers.

So, TWD definitely peaked in season 5 and had one outlier in season 7, but, it still pulls in almost 3 times what FTWD does. With Andrew Lincoln leaving this season (and possibly Lauren Cohen too), the writers need some strong stories in season 9, and likely need to wrap the series by season 10 or 11. Kirkman and Gimple always said in the first few seasons they had a planned end to the show (ie, knew how long it would take to tell the story). I like the show, but really hope they are close to the end, because there are more episodes that drag than there are ones that have me fully enthralled.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,090
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:06 pm

FLPF

Spoiler:
Thry buried Nick. I am pretty sure Madison is dead also
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Zarovich wrote:FLPF

Spoiler:
Thry buried Nick. I am pretty sure Madison is dead also

I thought they did do that, but couldn't remember for sure. At a minimum.....

Spoiler:
They should have played up one of the shows major characters getting killed off. It just seemed like the type of episode that would have drawn in viewers. Madison continually talks about how all this is for her kids. Wanting to fight for the stadium was for her kids. No reaction to her son getting killed off by Charlie? I know a lot of people didn't care for him, but, to have no reaction by Madison just seems like a huge plot hole lost because of this dumb dual reality lens the season is forcing this season.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,090
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:10 am

FLPensFan wrote:
Zarovich wrote:FLPF

Spoiler:
Thry buried Nick. I am pretty sure Madison is dead also

I thought they did do that, but couldn't remember for sure. At a minimum.....

Spoiler:
They should have played up one of the shows major characters getting killed off. It just seemed like the type of episode that would have drawn in viewers. Madison continually talks about how all this is for her kids. Wanting to fight for the stadium was for her kids. No reaction to her son getting killed off by Charlie? I know a lot of people didn't care for him, but, to have no reaction by Madison just seems like a huge plot hole lost because of this dumb dual reality lens the season is forcing this season.


I have no idea where the show is going at this point. I do like the new characters sans Morgan. His routine is getting stale.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 am

Well, after the mid-season finale last night, I do believe I am officially jumping ship. This show is just garbage to me.....

Spoiler:
To me, the writers have just gotten extremely lazy, or better, I'm not sure if the writers on this show were ever any good. This whole back and forth, out of order season was confusing as hell for me, and it just completely turned me off. I almost feel like most of the actors on this show are begging to be killed off, rather than hoping they don't die on TWD. Most of the deaths are unspectacular with little build up. Compare the great story lines of Sophia, Shane, Shane killing Otis, Hershel, etc,etc.....to how FTWD kills off its characters. Travis shot, falls out of a helicopter; Chris crashes and his "friends" shoot him; Nick shot....after Madison is dead. There is no character that I could say, like Daryl, if he/she dies the show is done. Nick was probably the closest for me at times, but at other times I couldn't stand him. I don't like where Alycia is right now.
I don't see Jenna Elfman carrying the show. I'm giving myself up a la Madison style.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,090
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Daniel on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:44 pm

Zarovich wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
Zarovich wrote:FLPF

Spoiler:
Thry buried Nick. I am pretty sure Madison is dead also

I thought they did do that, but couldn't remember for sure. At a minimum.....

Spoiler:
They should have played up one of the shows major characters getting killed off. It just seemed like the type of episode that would have drawn in viewers. Madison continually talks about how all this is for her kids. Wanting to fight for the stadium was for her kids. No reaction to her son getting killed off by Charlie? I know a lot of people didn't care for him, but, to have no reaction by Madison just seems like a huge plot hole lost because of this dumb dual reality lens the season is forcing this season.


I have no idea where the show is going at this point. I do like the new characters sans Morgan. His routine is getting stale.


Spoiler:
It has the feel of being an anthology series with new characters each season (around Morgan). It killed off Nick and Madison awfully quick, but I think they were just quick to get rid of dead weight and leading the audience to the new group. They got rid of a couple of lame, boring, redundant characters in Nick and Madison (though Nick did have his ups and downs, Madison was terrible). Now get rid of the rest from before this season and move forward.


I'm interested to see where the second half takes us. I do think they're taking a more dramatic approach compared to TWD, which I like when it works, like the John and Laura episode.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,869
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:13 pm

I think they should get out of following a group around as bad killing off some while adding more to the group. Just have a group for a season and then end that group. Have them live, die, find someplace to stay, or whatever. Do different places and keep it fresh that way. I am not sure I want Morgan to be some wandering character who meets different people but Al would be ok to video these groups and get their stories.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Daniel on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Zarovich wrote:I think they should get out of following a group around as bad killing off some while adding more to the group. Just have a group for a season and then end that group. Have them live, die, find someplace to stay, or whatever. Do different places and keep it fresh that way. I am not sure I want Morgan to be some wandering character who meets different people but Al would be ok to video these groups and get their stories.


That seems to be where the series is headed. Let John and Laura live happily ever after, keep Morgan and Al for next season. I know you're tired of Morgan but he is an interesting character that the writers have just gotten caught in a loop. Let him and Al grow as characters and move FTWD towards an anthology style series. That would allow them to go across America and show an audience what's going on in Seattle, Boston, Chicago, etc.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,869
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Zarovich on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:01 pm

Daniel wrote:
Zarovich wrote:I think they should get out of following a group around as bad killing off some while adding more to the group. Just have a group for a season and then end that group. Have them live, die, find someplace to stay, or whatever. Do different places and keep it fresh that way. I am not sure I want Morgan to be some wandering character who meets different people but Al would be ok to video these groups and get their stories.


That seems to be where the series is headed. Let John and Laura live happily ever after, keep Morgan and Al for next season. I know you're tired of Morgan but he is an interesting character that the writers have just gotten caught in a loop. Let him and Al grow as characters and move FTWD towards an anthology style series. That would allow them to go across America and show an audience what's going on in Seattle, Boston, Chicago, etc.


I could go for that.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,945
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Waiting for the write-up...

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Daniel on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:42 pm

Zarovich wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Zarovich wrote:I think they should get out of following a group around as bad killing off some while adding more to the group. Just have a group for a season and then end that group. Have them live, die, find someplace to stay, or whatever. Do different places and keep it fresh that way. I am not sure I want Morgan to be some wandering character who meets different people but Al would be ok to video these groups and get their stories.


That seems to be where the series is headed. Let John and Laura live happily ever after, keep Morgan and Al for next season. I know you're tired of Morgan but he is an interesting character that the writers have just gotten caught in a loop. Let him and Al grow as characters and move FTWD towards an anthology style series. That would allow them to go across America and show an audience what's going on in Seattle, Boston, Chicago, etc.


I could go for that.


I could also. Adding the whole "Tell me your story" plot to the show has allowed them to move away from "here's a nice place......live there for awhile.....crap, there are bad people" plot that has killed both shows. They just repeat the prison and Woodbury over and over again. I get that both main groups want to find some place safe, but FTWD has the opportunity to do something different than wash-rinse-repeat.

What if this season started with the group finding the stadium and building it from scratch? Move towards a "find people and rebuild society" style plot? The zombies are built in enemies and have actually taken a backseat to the villain of the hour.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,869
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Previous

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


e-mail