Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby mac5155 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Nah. That is one redneck thing I don't care for. Im even lukewarm on the whole Nascar deal.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:24 pm

despite a solid showing by the D, i think ben and the offense were nearly the sole reason for the win. reminded me of the playoff game against indy where we came out passing and just stunned the colts. had the redskins had time to establish a ground game i think they would have. and in regardless of that, had they caught some more passes there could have been trouble. they already had multiple 30+ yard gains on the D. i'd be scared to play that offense again. props to casey hampton - that second down penetration on the redskins first possession that ended in a 3 and out was the most important defensive play of the game imo. and showed he's still got it but also shows he must not have been in shape. remember watching him at camp this year in street clothes. his exercise seemed to be to skip backwards but at a walking pace. but not too much blame on him, can't be easy keeping that body with that power from injury. but from here on out, i expect to count on him penetrating once or twice a game in important spots like he still could last year.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:28 pm

mac5155 wrote:I love how its showboating in the NFL but professional wrestlers do it all the time. ITS THEIR JOB. THEY ARE ENTERTAINERS.

lol huh
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm

lol taunting is fun. I enjoy it and expect it. Psychological parts of sports are important and if the walk 5 yards dropping the ball psyches AB up to keep going across the middle or what have you then why the hell should the fans care?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Rylan wrote:lol taunting is fun. I enjoy it and expect it. Psychological parts of sports are important and if the walk 5 yards dropping the ball psyches AB up to keep going across the middle or what have you then why the hell should the fans care?

probably because he's doing it to show everyone how awesome great he is and say LOOK AT WHAT I JUST DID. not to psyche him up for the next play. Its annoying.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Rylan wrote:lol taunting is fun. I enjoy it and expect it. Psychological parts of sports are important and if the walk 5 yards dropping the ball psyches AB up to keep going across the middle or what have you then why the hell should the fans care?

probably because he's doing it to show everyone how awesome great he is and say LOOK AT WHAT I JUST DID. not to psyche him up for the next play. Its annoying.

Prove it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

How is taunting fun? If he needs that to psych him up to go over the middle he wouldn't have made it this far in the sport. Its pointless and sad.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:53 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:

Again. Thats what you are assuming. YOU DON'T KNOW! :pop:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

Rylan wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:

Prove it.

Prove it helps him go over the middle.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:54 pm

joopen wrote:How is taunting fun? If he needs that to psych him up to go over the middle he wouldn't have made it this far in the sport. Its pointless and sad.

How does celebrations bother you? This is so strange.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I said or what have you. I was giving an alternate point with a question, not being definitive.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Next time there is a signing or whatever I'm having AB sign a jersey with "HATERS GONNA HATE"
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Godric wrote:
joopen wrote:How is taunting fun? If he needs that to psych him up to go over the middle he wouldn't have made it this far in the sport. Its pointless and sad.

Watch Heath when he scores.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Godric wrote:

Celebrate when you do something worth it. Score a TD and have a tea party. Get a first down and... well get another one until you score. I don't mind celebration. I don't like celebrations for mundane football plays. Be excited, sure. Don't go running 20 yards downfield beating your chest because you caught a 7 yard pass on 2nd down.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Rylan wrote:I said or what have you. I was giving an alternate point with a question, not being definitive.

Ok well prove its not to say "LOOK AT ME!"
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:02 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
Godric wrote:

Watch Heath when he scores.

No, watch Heath when he catches a first down. Watch what he does. Get up and turn around and go get another one.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Fast B on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know about the classiness of his celebration (and I don't really care all that much, since it's not like he was flipping anybody off or anything), but my concern when he started running backwards was more that he might trip and fumble the ball or something. It's not like we haven't had enough stupid things like that happen.
Fast B
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:03 pm

joopen wrote:
Rylan wrote:I said or what have you. I was giving an alternate point with a question, not being definitive.

Why do I have to prove your point? Seems counter productive to me. You prove it since its your argument.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

someone prove it one way or the other please. i'm on the fence about it.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

Type in andrew ference middle finger... now that is a offensive celebration.... ABs is not.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 pm

LeopardLetang wrote:someone prove it one way or the other please. i'm on the fence about it.

:face: :lol:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:07 pm

Godric wrote:Type in andrew ference middle finger... now that is a offensive celebration.... ABs is not.

Who said anything about being obscene or offensive. Its stupid and pointless. In AB's case it would have cost the defense 15 yards of field position.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:08 pm

This discussion is stupid and pointless. Your more stubborn than a mule.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Rylan wrote:
joopen wrote:

Why do I have to prove your point? Seems counter productive to me. You prove it since its your argument.

It wasn't my point. It was someone else's, however it was your point that it is not for self inflation. Why is one requiring proof while one isn't?
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ulf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:11 pm

you're*
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR