Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:12 pm

Godric wrote:This discussion is stupid and pointless. Your more stubborn than a mule.


If having a point of view and opinion is stubborn then ok I'm stubborn. I'm sorry I don't adhere to your viewpoint on all subject matter.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,809
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:14 pm

i wouldn't enjoy watching sluggers cartwheel their way around the bases after a homerun. but eventually i'd have to get used to it. that's where we're at here. generally younger fans don't mind the celebrations after first downs or stops in the backfield. i don't like them but no big deal.

best reason is to say i don't like the prima donna character it's associated with. like when wallace doesn't get thrown to i start to worry that he's going to get grumpy and start complaining. it feels like with these celebrations a guy is more likely to be less of a team player. it hasn't affected brown's effort or demeanor yet though so he gets a pass from me for now. i can slightly forgive his backwards running because it was borderline taunting. had he held the football out towards the closest defender i would have been annoyed.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,527
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:15 pm

joopen wrote:
Rylan wrote:
joopen wrote:
Rylan wrote:I said or what have you. I was giving an alternate point with a question, not being definitive.


Ok well prove its not to say "LOOK AT ME!"


Why do I have to prove your point? Seems counter productive to me. You prove it since its your argument.


It wasn't my point. It was someone else's, however it was your point that it is not for self inflation. Why is one requiring proof while one isn't?


Neither one of us can prove anything. All I was going for was reasonable doubt. Considering all this, neither side can make an honest argument. It is based on how you perceive actions and that is not something that can be swayed.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:15 pm

rereading...i would like to see sluggers cartwheel around the bases.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,527
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:16 pm

LeopardLetang wrote:rereading...i would like to see sluggers cartwheel around the bases.


Was going to argue that that would be awesome.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby ulf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm

the thing is, if you tried that, you'd be wearing a fastball in your earhole next at bat. good luck.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,987
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby joopen on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Rylan wrote:
joopen wrote:
Rylan wrote:
joopen wrote:
Rylan wrote:I said or what have you. I was giving an alternate point with a question, not being definitive.


Ok well prove its not to say "LOOK AT ME!"


Why do I have to prove your point? Seems counter productive to me. You prove it since its your argument.


It wasn't my point. It was someone else's, however it was your point that it is not for self inflation. Why is one requiring proof while one isn't?


Neither one of us can prove anything. All I was going for was reasonable doubt. Considering all this, neither side can make an honest argument. It is based on how you perceive actions and that is not something that can be swayed.

Thats what I was getting at. Using "prove it" to disprove an opinion was kinda dumb was all I was getting at.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,809
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Rylan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:24 pm

joopen wrote:Thats what I was getting at. Using "prove it" to disprove an opinion was kinda dumb was all I was getting at.


But it wasn't an opinion. He was stating something as a fact. That is why I said prove it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Godric on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:25 pm

ulf wrote:the thing is, if you tried that, you'd be wearing a fastball in your earhole next at bat. good luck.


True but...

Then a player would charge the mound and beat the **** out of him.

just sayin
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 pm

this argument is fruitless
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,211
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:28 pm

LeopardLetang wrote:rereading...i would like to see sluggers cartwheel around the bases.


Old school Ozzie Smith 8-)

Image
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,659
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby ulf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:31 pm

Godric wrote:
ulf wrote:the thing is, if you tried that, you'd be wearing a fastball in your earhole next at bat. good luck.


True but...

Then a player would charge the mound and beat the **** out of him.

just sayin

not really. charging the mound never works because it's 6 on 1 real quick
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,987
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby ulf on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:32 pm

especially if kyle farnsworth is pitching. skip to 20 seconds.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,987
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby LeopardLetang on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

penny lane wrote:
LeopardLetang wrote:rereading...i would like to see sluggers cartwheel around the bases.


Old school Ozzie Smith 8-)

Image


anyone is allowed to do that at anytime. :thumb:
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,527
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:23 pm
Location: Altoona

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Former 49ers and Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson has been indicted on fraud charges for paying someone to take a teacher-certification test for him.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal reports that Wilson wanted to become a high school teacher and coach in Memphis, but according to prosecutors, Wilson didn’t take the standardized test that teachers are required to take in Tennessee. Instead, Wilson hired someone to take the test for him.

Wilson has been charged with wire fraud and Social Security fraud. Prosecutors say Wilson gave the test-taker his Social Security number as part of the plan for the test-taker to pose as Wilson.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,111
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby JS© on Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 am

TheHammer24 wrote:
Former 49ers and Steelers receiver Cedrick Wilson has been indicted on fraud charges for paying someone to take a teacher-certification test for him.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal reports that Wilson wanted to become a high school teacher and coach in Memphis, but according to prosecutors, Wilson didn’t take the standardized test that teachers are required to take in Tennessee. Instead, Wilson hired someone to take the test for him.

Wilson has been charged with wire fraud and Social Security fraud. Prosecutors say Wilson gave the test-taker his Social Security number as part of the plan for the test-taker to pose as Wilson.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ing-fraud/


Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,571
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:26 am

How about the third and goal where Keenan Lewis stopped the run and forced a fourth down, he sprinted halfway up the field in celebration....


...then gave up a TD the next play
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,788
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:28 am

ulf wrote:especially if kyle farnsworth is pitching. skip to 20 seconds.


I forgot about that. Farnsworth is so awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,245
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby ulf on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:38 am

mac5155 wrote:How about the third and goal where Keenan Lewis stopped the run and forced a fourth down, he sprinted halfway up the field in celebration....


...then gave up a TD the next play

On a perfect throw. He played good D on the pass, I'm not sure anyone would have stopped that. But it was funny after his big celebration, I'll give you that.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,987
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby mac5155 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 am

You know the steelers played a good game when the only nitpicks for the next week are celebrations and how the steelers do warmups.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,788
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Emmanuel Sanders said he received a FedEx package from the league saying he has to go to league office for meeting about faking injury


no diving in the NFL :shock:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,659
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby the wicked child on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:13 pm

penny lane wrote:
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Emmanuel Sanders said he received a FedEx package from the league saying he has to go to league office for meeting about faking injury


no diving in the NFL :shock:

Hmm. Did I miss something? When did this supposed fake injury happen?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,748
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby joopen on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm

joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,809
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:07 pm

the wicked child wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib
Emmanuel Sanders said he received a FedEx package from the league saying he has to go to league office for meeting about faking injury


no diving in the NFL :shock:

Hmm. Did I miss something? When did this supposed fake injury happen?


Bengals game. You really don't remember that?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,588
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Skins

Postby meow on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm

Clearly Sanders got a leg cramp. Clearly
meow
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,566
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail