Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am

joopen wrote:
ulf wrote:We let up 13 points including a drive that started on our ten. You guys are miserable.

Last second scoring drives typically aren't acceptable. They were getting gashed with runs. It took OT to finally force a turnover against a team who goves them out at a historic rate. Thankfully the Chiefs stink and beat themselves.


Considering the chiefs were such dunces in the third quarter that they managed to have a touchdown called back via hold and then went on to miss a 33 yard field goal, yes, the chiefs do indeed stink and beat themselves.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,023
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:00 am

As of right now, the Steelers are still a 3 to 3 1/2 point favorite. Take advantage of this NOW.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,803
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:39 am

joopen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:We didn't look good in the first half but that's about as good as you can play without Ben in the second. One bad play!

Hoop ben is okay.

The defense gave up another late drive. This time to the unstoppable Matt Cassle

C'mon. They shut the Chiefs down in the second half. Continually forced three and outs when we knew we couldn't give up any points. We had a huge three out when the drive started on our own ten and another after the failed fourth down conversion. But if you want to point out to one failed play, then go ahead. You'll never be happy.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby Froggy on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:45 am

The same defense also shut down Griffin, Dalton, and Manning the 3 previous weeks... 3 pretty good qbs
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,570
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am

Froggy wrote:The same defense also shut down Griffin, Dalton, and Manning the 3 previous weeks... 3 pretty good qbs


I'd say Griffin's receivers shut him down more than the Steelers' D
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,700
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
What @Edwerderespn has reported: a source tells ESPN the Steelers fear the QB has suffered a pretty significant injury to throwing shoulder.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,803
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby canaan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 pm

fantastic.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,675
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby ulf on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:12 pm

Bring Kurt Warner back. He and Haley used to drop bombs on the nfc
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,559
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby mac5155 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:15 pm

Well no crap they fear he might have a significant injury.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,402
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm

It just looked so flukey; it's hard to believe given the punishment be usually takes that this would be that severe. Of course, when a body part gets hit in the right spot, it can tear things apart. If Ben is out 3-6 weeks or so, we really should sign a capable backup to see if we can go .500 and win out when he gets back. If he's out significant amount of time, we-are-effed.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:22 pm

I have no doubt Ben isn't missing significant amount of time. Do you remember who we are dealing with here?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,358
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, Roethlisburger is much more likely to whine and bemoan his injury than actually miss games.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 26,869
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby joopen on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:
joopen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:We didn't look good in the first half but that's about as good as you can play without Ben in the second. One bad play!

Hoop ben is okay.

The defense gave up another late drive. This time to the unstoppable Matt Cassle

C'mon. They shut the Chiefs down in the second half. Continually forced three and outs when we knew we couldn't give up any points. We had a huge three out when the drive started on our own ten and another after the failed fourth down conversion. But if you want to point out to one failed play, then go ahead. You'll never be happy.


142 yards rushing when the opposition has ZERO pass game. Last minute tying drive and taking until OT to force a turnover against an offense that turns the ball over once per quarter. No pass rush and no turnovers is not a good defense in today's NFL.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,735
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:42 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Yeah, Roethlisburger is much more likely to whine and bemoan his injury than actually miss games.


true, but usually when hes doing his hero routine, he ends up playing. the fact that he actually missed time indicates he is legitimately hurt.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,023
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:46 pm

joopen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:
joopen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:We didn't look good in the first half but that's about as good as you can play without Ben in the second. One bad play!

Hoop ben is okay.

The defense gave up another late drive. This time to the unstoppable Matt Cassle

C'mon. They shut the Chiefs down in the second half. Continually forced three and outs when we knew we couldn't give up any points. We had a huge three out when the drive started on our own ten and another after the failed fourth down conversion. But if you want to point out to one failed play, then go ahead. You'll never be happy.


142 yards rushing when the opposition has ZERO pass game. Last minute tying drive and taking until OT to force a turnover against an offense that turns the ball over once per quarter. No pass rush and no turnovers is not a good defense in today's NFL.

We should probably agree to disagree, but I feel like your position is similar to many Steeler fans and it bothers me immensely. The view equates a perfect defense with a good defense and, worse yet, conflates an imperfect defense with a "bad" defense.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... 447263-n=1

Steelers have the best defense in the NFL based on yards allowed. To be sure, it benefits from the offense's ball control, but the stat is still illustrative. (EDIT: In fact, they're tied for first in yard/play which controls for time of possession).

The Chiefs are horrible, but their offense is ranked only one spot behind the Steelers. They also have the FOURTH best rush offense in the league, rushing for over 200 yards against the Ravens.

This isn't the NCAA where winning by fewer than 15 points against a "bad" team is bad. Winning is winning in the NFL---every game is tough. The Steelers D played exceptionally well last night against a team with a great rush offense. They were asked to step up on essentially every drive in the second half and they did. They gave up one 15 yard pass play on fourth down, which almost cost them the game. But other than that, they were exceptional---forcing two huge three and outs after we turned the ball over. No aspect of any team is perfect. The Patriots Punt, the 49ers give up points. All you can do in the NFL is be very good at a number of things----the Steelers are. The D should pick the ball off more and get a few more sacks. But they're exceptionally good at pass D, getting off the field on 3rd down, and they've given up the fewest number of yards in the entire NFL.

The fact that we're criticizing the D after they gave up 13 points, 3 of which came off a drive that started on the 10 is ridiculous. They won the game for us.
Last edited by TheHammer24 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,024
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby canaan on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 pm

the steelers should've scored more points last night.

The D played decently for the weather and a bad offense.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,675
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Yeah, I am not really understanding getting apoplectic about the defense after last night
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,803
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby blackjack68 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
What @Edwerderespn has reported: a source tells ESPN the Steelers fear the QB has suffered a pretty significant injury to throwing shoulder.



Completely opposite of what he reported last night, but hey, he tweeted first, who cares about accuracy.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,856
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby DudeMan2766 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:54 pm



LOL that is classic
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,358
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Coach Mike Tomlin said Ben Roethlisberger has a SC (sternoclavicular) sprain in his right shoulder.

An SC sprain means Roethlisberger sustained trauma to the joint connecting his clavicle to his sternum and there's ligament damage. The injury usually doesn't require surgery, but it can be extremely painful. All Tomlin would say is that Big Ben is questionable for Sunday night's showdown with the Ravens and that he's confident in backup Byron Leftwich. Per various reports, Big Ben is undergoing more MRIs later Tuesday to further diagnose the injury. We should have some semblance of a timetable then.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,750
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby pittsoccer33 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Was it true the game was on WTAE locally last night?

After axing my cable subscription last week I thought I was going to spend my monday night at a friend's or next to a radio. I thought I would give WatchESPN.com a chance, and oddly enough the game was available to me, even though I am no longer subscribing to a cable package with ESPN access.

Then today a coworker said he watched it on ABC. Which makes some sense, since NFL Network games are broadcast in the two teams markets via local affiliates.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,332
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

it was on abc. i watched at my fiancees house - no cable
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,750
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby mac5155 on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 pm

Yeah it was on Channel 4 in Pittsburgh.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,402
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby jprolley on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:12 pm

im willing to bet that he plays sunday

then in the postgame interview, whether the steelers win or lose, he'll talk about how the shot he was given for the pain wore off in the 2nd half
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Steelers vs Chiefs 11/12/12 Game Day

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:15 pm

pittsoccer33 wrote:Was it true the game was on WTAE locally last night?

After axing my cable subscription last week I thought I was going to spend my monday night at a friend's or next to a radio. I thought I would give WatchESPN.com a chance, and oddly enough the game was available to me, even though I am no longer subscribing to a cable package with ESPN access.

Then today a coworker said he watched it on ABC. Which makes some sense, since NFL Network games are broadcast in the two teams markets via local affiliates.


thursday and monday night games are always on local broadcast on networks, even though they are already on NFL network and ESPN. so if the stillers are playing in one of those games, it will be on WTAE or the CW network.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,023
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dickie Dunn, Gabe, KennyTheKangaroo, meow and 10 guests

e-mail