Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:20 pm

skullman80 wrote:It speaks really bad of the Browns... 8 turnovers, and only winning the game by 7.

Steelers need to tighten things up and quick.


All I see is 8 turnovers and winning. Speaks badly about the team that commits 8 turnovers and loses to the *#&@!%^ Browns...

We may have to win out to make the playoffs. Not a great situation to be in heading into game #2 against the Ravens...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,254
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:21 pm

God.....is it hockey season yet?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,409
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Froggy wrote:so the browns will beat us if...

-the game is in cleveland
-we have 8 turnovers
-we're starting our 3rd string QB
-our best WR is out
-and the refs blow a late fumble call that would have given us another 30 yards and almost 2 more minutes to work with


Sets a bar, if anything.
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,965
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Bioshock on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:21 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:God.....is it hockey season yet?

Dude, need some candy bad...
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,814
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:24 pm

I dont really blame Tomlin or Haley for the loss in a game management sense. I blame the off season for not recognizing that they need a back up who can at least complete a pass 20 yards down field. I know Dixon wasnt good, but why keep Batch over him? You can at least run bootlegs and if he sees 1 on 1 down the side lines he can throw it and it has a chance. Which trust me the way the Browns were ignoring the pass they should have had that all day.

These past two losses are on Colbert and Tomlin for not realizing the magnitude, dire straits, shear desperation of their backup QB situation.
Like Christmas Vacation: "Get me someone, anyone. And get someone while I'm waiting".

Dont get me wrong Ben is elite and that is hard to replace, but just barely losing two games with no QB play at all is hard to swallow. I know the rb's where at fault but the reality is any qb in the league that is capable at the very least of throwing the ball with some zip down the field and the Steelers are an easy 8-3 right now.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Lt. Dish wrote:
Froggy wrote:so the browns will beat us if...

-the game is in cleveland
-we have 8 turnovers
-we're starting our 3rd string QB
-our best WR is out
-and the refs blow a late fumble call that would have given us another 30 yards and almost 2 more minutes to work with


Sets a bar, if anything.


Not for nothing but dont discount misning your lg, rt, backup rt and who you wanted as your rg. No injury excuses as this was a bad loss, but the reality is they are actually starting to add up. Big pass play (and we had few of them) nullified by call on 3rd string rt. Eventually you need to overcome them but do a roster check around the league at the same positions and see how NE, Baltimore, Texans, Cincy would do. If we get healthy and sneak into the playoffs we still have a shot. But at this point I would rather play for the high first round linebacker pick!
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby JS© on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,553
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:32 pm

skullman80 wrote:Sports talk radio should be quite funny this week.


Especially since 2 weeks ago sports talk radio was flooded with Why Ain't Batch Starting!!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,909
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby penny lane on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:37 pm

sidney thornton & tim worley say thanks to steelers Rbs'.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,622
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Have fun, kick butt!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby count2infinity on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:46 pm

love me some yinzers on my news feed...
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,731
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby HomerPenguin on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:54 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:Not for nothing but dont discount misning your lg, rt, backup rt and who you wanted as your rg. No injury excuses as this was a bad loss, but the reality is they are actually starting to add up. Big pass play (and we had few of them) nullified by call on 3rd string rt. Eventually you need to overcome them but do a roster check around the league at the same positions and see how NE, Baltimore, Texans, Cincy would do. If we get healthy and sneak into the playoffs we still have a shot. But at this point I would rather play for the high first round linebacker pick!


Yes, this is all true, but you can only go so many seasons losing 3 starting OLinemen every year before it stops being a freak, random occurrence and starts being a sign that you've got the wrong players or the wrong systems in place to keep them healthy. Injuries have stopped being a coincidence for this team and are starting to look like a real problem.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,884
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:50 pm
Location: ...

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:56 pm

count2infinity wrote:love me some yinzers on my news feed...

Are they crying into there irons?
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,409
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Location: Chino Moreno Likes Toast!

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby count2infinity on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 pm

well I'm mostly enjoying having friends that are Browns fans and yinzers responding to them. It's fantastic.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,731
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:Not for nothing but dont discount misning your lg, rt, backup rt and who you wanted as your rg. No injury excuses as this was a bad loss, but the reality is they are actually starting to add up. Big pass play (and we had few of them) nullified by call on 3rd string rt. Eventually you need to overcome them but do a roster check around the league at the same positions and see how NE, Baltimore, Texans, Cincy would do. If we get healthy and sneak into the playoffs we still have a shot. But at this point I would rather play for the high first round linebacker pick!


Yes, this is all true, but you can only go so many seasons losing 3 starting OLinemen every year before it stops being a freak, random occurrence and starts being a sign that you've got the wrong players or the wrong systems in place to keep them healthy. Injuries have stopped being a coincidence for this team and are starting to look like a real problem.


I actually do not disagree at all. The super bowl year we were out our LT, C and RT by the end, and last year was nice and injury filled. Its been going on quite awhile now and can no longer be seen as just bad luck. Interesting to say the least.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Geezer on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:10 pm

penny lane wrote:sidney thornton & tim worley say thanks to steelers Rbs'.

one of my favorite Chuck Noll quotes concerned Sid Thundering Bull Thorton after a bad game. "He has problems and they are many".
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,408
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:11 pm

A loss by the ravens today and a Steeler win next we and we will be in good shape getting people healthy just in time to make a run. Settle down.

#yinzer
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,260
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby jprolley on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:16 pm

blackjack68 wrote:A loss by the ravens today and a Steeler win next we and we will be in good shape getting people healthy just in time to make a run. Settle down.

#yinzer

you forgot "this loss is all ben's fault for not playing."
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:21 pm

You know what sucks? I fully expected the Ravens to get beat in San Diego this week, so I was optimistic that we would be back within close reach of the Ravens. San Diego is looking pretty solid, but we didn't
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 56,978
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby blackjack68 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:33 pm

jprolley wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:A loss by the ravens today and a Steeler win next we and we will be in good shape getting people healthy just in time to make a run. Settle down.

#yinzer

you forgot "this loss is all ben's fault for not playing."


He plays, we win. Just sayin.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,260
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby jprolley on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm

blackjack68 wrote:
jprolley wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:A loss by the ravens today and a Steeler win next we and we will be in good shape getting people healthy just in time to make a run. Settle down.

#yinzer

you forgot "this loss is all ben's fault for not playing."


He plays, we win. Just sayin.

i agree. i'm playing the yinzer role. it's always ben's fault no matter what.
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby offsides on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:37 pm

blackjack68 wrote:A loss by the ravens today and a Steeler win next we and we will be in good shape getting people healthy just in time to make a run. Settle down.

#yinzer


Sounds good, but a lot of IFs in there.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,476
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby thehockeyguru on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:12 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:You know what sucks? I fully expected the Ravens to get beat in San Diego this week, so I was optimistic that we would be back within close reach of the Ravens. San Diego is looking pretty solid, but we didn't



So much for that, Ravens win 16-13 in OT.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby TheHammer24 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Obligatory optimist post:

We're in great shape for the wildcard, assuming Ben comes back sooner than later. We are tied with the Bengals (and have head-to-head so far) for the final spot---one game up on the Dolphins in 8th. The Colts are one game up on us for the 5th spot, but I could see them sliding a bit. Regardless, I'd probably rather play B-More--Houston than Denver--New England, which is what we'll likely encounter.

The defense showed once again it is one of the best in the league, and it really only needs to get more turnovers to carry this team to victories. The offense with Ben has clicked all year. This doesn't feel like a Super Bowl team at all, but it definitely has the weapons. The SB XL team didn't feel Super Bowl worthy at all either.

Spoiler:
HOW THE EFF DO YOU TURN THE BALL OVER 8 TIMES?!?!?!
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,105
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Bioshock on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:33 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Obligatory optimist post:

We're in great shape for the wildcard, assuming Ben comes back sooner than later. We are tied with the Bengals (and have head-to-head so far) for the final spot---one game up on the Dolphins in 8th. The Colts are one game up on us for the 5th spot, but I could see them sliding a bit. Regardless, I'd probably rather play B-More--Houston than Denver--New England, which is what we'll likely encounter.

The defense showed once again it is one of the best in the league, and it really only needs to get more turnovers to carry this team to victories. The offense with Ben has clicked all year. This doesn't feel like a Super Bowl team at all, but it definitely has the weapons. The SB XL team didn't feel Super Bowl worthy at all either.

Spoiler:
HOW THE EFF DO YOU TURN THE BALL OVER 8 TIMES?!?!?!


Actually very much agree with this sentiment. All the steelers need to do is get in. If they are healthy when they do (And i know that's a big if) they can play with anyone. The reason i say this is because of that secondary. It has improved so dramatically that i no longer think it's an automatic death sentence to play and elite QB anymore.

The injury list for the Steelers right now is downright incredible. If that changes and they minimize the damage otherwise, they could still make a hell of a run.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,814
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Browns

Postby Lt. Dish on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Obligatory optimist post:

We're in great shape for the wildcard, assuming Ben comes back sooner than later. We are tied with the Bengals (and have head-to-head so far) for the final spot---one game up on the Dolphins in 8th. The Colts are one game up on us for the 5th spot, but I could see them sliding a bit. Regardless, I'd probably rather play B-More--Houston than Denver--New England, which is what we'll likely encounter.

The defense showed once again it is one of the best in the league, and it really only needs to get more turnovers to carry this team to victories. The offense with Ben has clicked all year. This doesn't feel like a Super Bowl team at all, but it definitely has the weapons. The SB XL team didn't feel Super Bowl worthy at all either.

Spoiler:
HOW THE EFF DO YOU TURN THE BALL OVER 8 TIMES?!?!?!


This is true, Hammer.

This evening I reminded myself of the Malone-Bono-Brister Dynasty of Excellence. Then, I ate a whole pumpkin pie. I feel much better.

That's me. It's all about perspective. Never too high...never too low... 8-)
Lt. Dish
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,965
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm
Location: PDAS: In Good Hands Since 2008. JOIN TODAY!

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stopper40 and 8 guests


e-mail