One step closer to justice: Don Blankenship

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

One step closer to justice: Don Blankenship

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 pm

One step closer to justice for the families of "Upper Big Branch" and coal mners in general.

I hope they get Blankenship and put him away for rest of his life.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/energy/a ... 073482.php
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: One step closer to justice: Don Blankenship

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:22 pm

blankenship always gave dishonest rich executive vibe.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:26 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:blankenship always gave dishonest rich executive vibe.

Understatement of the year on LGP.

The Dude represents everything evil about corporate America. He's definately at the top of my list of "Most Hated Executives"
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby mac5155 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 pm

Ironic this is brought up as it was a topic discussed at hunting camp Sunday. My buddy's grandfather claimed that "this would have never happened if that mine was Unionized" (we were talking about union and union jobs) and I disagreed, said that a union might have been more strict, but they were breaking standard MSHA rules, not something a "union" should be policing.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:46 pm

mac5155 wrote:Ironic this is brought up as it was a topic discussed at hunting camp Sunday. My buddy's grandfather claimed that "this would have never happened if that mine was Unionized" (we were talking about union and union jobs) and I disagreed, said that a union might have been more strict, but they were breaking standard MSHA rules, not something a "union" should be policing.

Not something a union *should be* policing, but you can bet your "sweet patooie" that they would have walked off the job (in mass) if the issue hadn't been immediately corrected.

I recognize the problems, and the benefits of Unions. But the UMWA is a union that I support 100%. I can't imagine going down in a mine and putting my life in the hands of a guy like Blankenship. He's lower than dog crap scraped of the sole of my shoes.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Here's a two year old article about Blankenship: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... y-20101129

Pretty nasty dude.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to NHR