Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v2.0

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby tifosi77 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 am

Rocco wrote:Tomlin was just trying to get the hell out of Baltimore before he got Ray Lewis shot him.

:fist:

DudeMan2766 wrote:It wouldnt?? I know you don't live here but Ray Rice waved the terrible towel last game and this town had a collective aneurysm.

I think it's a big deal when players disrespect a symbol of fan support. The fans have no means of interacting with the game in any meaningful way (thankfully) other than things like the Towel, or the octopus in Detroit. When players interject themselves in that, I think it's a colossal mark of ****.

I just have few things in sports that irritate me more than athletes taunting fans.
tifosi77
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:53 am

Godric wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:It wouldnt?? I know you don't live here but Ray Rice waved the terrible towel last game and this town had a collective aneurysm. Just because he physically shook his hand doesnt mean he wasnt a d*** about it. You don't need to hug and share stories like Garrett and Reid did tonight but you won. even if you hate the guy it should be easier to show sportsmanship

Harbaugh was clearly running his mouth and Tomlin wanted to get as far away from him and as quickly as possible

Casual fans get upset at the terrible towel thing because its feigning passion

Belicheck ditched out on a handshake with Tomlin and Cowher.... Not much stink when it happened

Harbaugh said "Congratulations". It doesn't get much clearer than that.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:06 am

tifosi77 wrote:
Rocco wrote:Tomlin was just trying to get the hell out of Baltimore before he got Ray Lewis shot him.

:fist:

DudeMan2766 wrote:It wouldnt?? I know you don't live here but Ray Rice waved the terrible towel last game and this town had a collective aneurysm.

I think it's a big deal when players disrespect a symbol of fan support. The fans have no means of interacting with the game in any meaningful way (thankfully) other than things like the Towel, or the octopus in Detroit. When players interject themselves in that, I think it's a colossal mark of ****.

I just have few things in sports that irritate me more than athletes taunting fans.

Fair point. But I actually thinks thats the most fun. The fans get on the players and the players sometimes give it right back to the fans.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby joopen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:53 am

MRandall25 wrote:
Godric wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:It wouldnt?? I know you don't live here but Ray Rice waved the terrible towel last game and this town had a collective aneurysm. Just because he physically shook his hand doesnt mean he wasnt a d*** about it. You don't need to hug and share stories like Garrett and Reid did tonight but you won. even if you hate the guy it should be easier to show sportsmanship

Harbaugh was clearly running his mouth and Tomlin wanted to get as far away from him and as quickly as possible

Belicheck ditched out on a handshake with Tomlin and Cowher.... Not much stink when it happened

The dialogue was this (saw it on another link that I can't find right now)...

Harbaugh: "Congratulation"
Tomlin as he is walking by: "Thanks"
Harbaugh chasing Tomlin: "Hey, hey, hey, I said congratulations."
Tomlin turning back: "Thanks. That's all."
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby columbia on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:45 am

Tomlin should have just cut his head off with a sword.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:58 am

joopen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Godric wrote:

The dialogue was this (saw it on another link that I can't find right now)...

Harbaugh: "Congratulation"
Tomlin as he is walking by: "Thanks"
Harbaugh chasing Tomlin: "Hey, hey, hey, I said congratulations."
Tomlin turning back: "Thanks. That's all."

So harbaugh wanted some praise back. What a baby.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:13 am

Just an FYI. Rice traded his gloves for the towel which he wore on his head an intended to put in his game room as a memory of the rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens. He meant no disrespect.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:31 am

Whether its the towel or the handshake, only crazies get upset at either.

Big deal.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:51 am

DVE is loving it this morning because they can play that stupid disrespect the towel song.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:07 am

Go charlie! (ben wants to get to the field to talk trash with the ravens. 8-)

great mental victory for the steelers. after the interception to reed, looked bleak. James Harrison with the troy play. :)
Heath is some kind of a clutch player. :thumb:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:47 am

columbia wrote:Tomlin should have just cut his head off with a sword.

Ha
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:55 am

Anyone think Tomlin calculated this move to get his team to realize this is a rivalry and not to be friends with them like last game? I, for one, applaud the move and I usually can't stand him.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:03 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Just an FYI. Rice traded his gloves for the towel which he wore on his head an intended to put in his game room as a memory of the rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens. He meant no disrespect.

Which is why we wore it as a hat, right?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:15 am

Tomlin probably had to go to the bathroom or something, what did Harbarugh want to tell him that was so important? Don't think too hard about this, it doesn't mean anything.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:18 am

Troy Loney wrote:Tomlin probably had to go to the bathroom or something, what did Harbarugh want to tell him that was so important? Don't think too hard about this, it doesn't mean anything.

But the steelers won, we need talk show fodder for a week..
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:20 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Just an FYI. Rice traded his gloves for the towel which he wore on his head an intended to put in his game room as a memory of the rivalry between the Steelers and Ravens. He meant no disrespect.

The Towel didn't see it that way. The Towel is merciless and unforgiving. It simply exacts its revenge. Do not question the Towel.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby steelhammer on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:33 am

tifosi77 wrote:I just have few things in sports that irritate me more than athletes taunting fans.

I loved it when Dwyer scored and did the fake ball toss into the crowd. I usually like the antics between players & fans, but I admit there is a fine line.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 am

i don't know what it is about football, but i don't get offended about anything, really. i don't like the harbaughs simply because they're spazzy. and i hate spazzy people. but it's not like any singular act or anything football-related is upsetting.

it's weird because there are about a thousand things in a hockey game that can make steam come out of my ears, but with the NFL, anything goes. maybe it's because i think the league has become so incredibly vanilla that i'm just dying for something interesting to happen - even if it's otherwise appalling.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:50 am

shmenguin wrote:i don't know what it is about football, but i don't get offended about anything, really. i don't like the harbaughs simply because they're spazzy. and i hate spazzy people. but it's not like any singular act or anything football-related is upsetting.

it's weird because there are about a thousand things in a hockey game that can make steam come out of my ears, but with the NFL, anything goes. maybe it's because i think the league has become so incredibly vanilla that i'm just dying for something interesting to happen - even if it's otherwise appalling.

The only team that bothers me is the Ravens. They're basically the equivalent of the Flyers in the NHL. They're the toughest guys in the world after the whistle when the officiating is a joke. They've figured out the worst case scenario for them in these cases is for the ref to penalize both teams, but in most cases it's just the retaliator that gets it. I feel like this started with the plexiglass thing back in like 2004. There was a blatant cheap shot that sticks out in my mind when a Ravens corner stomped on Burress when he was on the ground. Now it manifests itself to pushing matches after every single running play in the game.

These things don't seem to happen to anyone but the Ravens...see the Eagles/Ravens issue from earlier this year.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:54 am

It was just absolutely glorious that Kruger's penalty basically sealed the game though. At that time, they had like 2-3 plays that gained minimal yardage and were still at like a 53 yard FG. Thanks to the idiot who thought it'd be cool to have his shoulder pads hanging out from his jersey the whole game like a 1980s college player, Suisham had a chipshot.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

Anyone have any thoughts on the the Pompeani, Nelson and Hoke postgame trio? Pomp sucks, Nelson is a goober and Hoke trips over his own words. Our high school morning news show was better quality than this.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:00 am

mac5155 wrote:It was just absolutely glorious that Kruger's penalty basically sealed the game though. At that time, they had like 2-3 plays that gained minimal yardage and were still at like a 53 yard FG. Thanks to the idiot who thought it'd be cool to have his shoulder pads hanging out from his jersey the whole game like a 1980s college player, Suisham had a chipshot.

Also, Harbaugh wasting a time out on a laughably bad challenge. They could have gotten the ball back
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:02 am

Troy Loney wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the the Pompeani, Nelson and Hoke postgame trio? Pomp sucks, Nelson is a goober and Hoke trips over his own words. Our high school morning news show was better quality than this.

pomps suit last night LOL so ugly
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:03 am

Probably got it at Value City.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:04 am

I watched the show just cause i didnt change the channel, and i honestly feel bad for them though, they try and get decent sports talk going, then esther from the nursing home in plum calls in and says how chuck batch lifted everyone's spirits.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR