Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v2.0

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:32 pm

FYI The Steelers are second in the league in Time of Possession, despite having a three-and-out offense the last three weeks. With Ben, Haley's offense has been devouring the clock.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,074
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby joopen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Steelers O-Line penalties this year:

Legursky: 1

Pouncey, Foster, Starks, Adams: 2

Colon 9

Maybe they should entertain the fact that the fat slob shouldn't be playing even if healthy.

Edit: Oh and despite missing the last 2 games due to injury he still leads all NFL OG in penalties and holdings.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,794
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby jprolley on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:09 pm

to me, it just seemed like the ravens whole offensive strategy yesterday was to chuck the ball 50 yards and hope for pass interference
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby canaan on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm

jprolley wrote:to me, it just seemed like the ravens whole offensive strategy yesterday was to chuck the ball 50 yards and hope for pass interference

it was bad...not as bad as San Diego's offense, which is the equivalent of playing madden. no matter the down, situation, etc, its huck it, chuck it football. so bad.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,813
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Froggy on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 pm

jprolley wrote:to me, it just seemed like the ravens whole offensive strategy yesterday was to chuck the ball 50 yards and hope for pass interference


that's half of it. the other half is, "when that's covered, dump it off to ray rice"

i've been saying this for years.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,633
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby GaryRissling on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:27 pm

joopen wrote:Steelers O-Line penalties this year:

Legursky: 1

Pouncey, Foster, Starks, Adams: 2

Colon 9

Maybe they should entertain the fact that the fat slob shouldn't be playing even if healthy.

Edit: Oh and despite missing the last 2 games due to injury he still leads all NFL OG in penalties and holdings.


Yes, but about half of those came in his first three games at LG. He's been a beast since the Cinci game, IMO.
GaryRissling
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,636
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:58 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:38 pm

GaryRissling wrote:
joopen wrote:Steelers O-Line penalties this year:

Legursky: 1

Pouncey, Foster, Starks, Adams: 2

Colon 9

Maybe they should entertain the fact that the fat slob shouldn't be playing even if healthy.

Edit: Oh and despite missing the last 2 games due to injury he still leads all NFL OG in penalties and holdings.


Yes, but about half of those came in his first three games at LG. He's been a beast since the Cinci game, IMO.

Yeah. Arguing against Colon is extremely weak. He has been an absolute stud after the first few games.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,074
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:44 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:I agree with the sentiment that the Ravens are a semi-likeable team. Whenever we lose and the Ravens remain, I think I secretly cheer for them as a good representative of the AFC North and a hard-hitting enjoyable team to watch. But GOD do i hate them when we play them.


Maybe its just because I work with a bunch of Ravens fans, but I feel like the team and their fans are nearly insufferable.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 52,379
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:45 pm

joopen wrote:Steelers O-Line penalties this year:

Legursky: 1

Pouncey, Foster, Starks, Adams: 2

Colon 9

Maybe they should entertain the fact that the fat slob shouldn't be playing even if healthy.

Edit: Oh and despite missing the last 2 games due to injury he still leads all NFL OG in penalties and holdings.


It's okay though, he's both the best RT and the best LG in football. Just ignore the holding calls and whiffed blocks and he's great.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Are we seriously taking issue with Colon right now?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,074
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:15 pm

Like I said, since we won, we need to ***** about something :pop:
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,631
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby joopen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm

mac5155 wrote:Like I said, since we won, we need to ***** about something :pop:


In all fairness, Rocco and I really have been hating on Colon forever. Fantastic win but nothing wrong with wanting what I precieve as a weak link corrected. He has too many penalties and missed assignments but gets a pass because why? I know its his first year at LG but he did the same thing at RT too so its not something new for him. The Steelers ask their LG to do a lot of pulling. He is not very good at it and its probably mostly due to weight issues. The OL played a pretty good game considering your 3rd RT is playing. Your Pro-Bowl center has to play LG because the back-up guard is better at center than guard. Pretty good performance.

I have always been hard on the defense because they never seem to force enough turnovers but they timed the one yesterday perfectly. The defense has been lights out since the first 4 or 5 games.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,794
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby jprolley on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:19 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:Are we seriously taking issue with Colon right now?

people ***** about the penalties, but the run game has gone absolutely nowhere since colon went down. perhaps that could be chalked up to the predictability of the offense without ben, but everyone knew the steelers were gonna run during the cincy and giants games, and neither one could stop them
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,442
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:23 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:41 pm

mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,631
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Tim Thomasen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:I agree with the sentiment that the Ravens are a semi-likeable team. Whenever we lose and the Ravens remain, I think I secretly cheer for them as a good representative of the AFC North and a hard-hitting enjoyable team to watch. But GOD do i hate them when we play them.


I don't like the Ravens at all. Harbaugh is a classless ******* and their fans are insufferable. Although I will agree that Ray Lewis is a outstanding player, I can't stand his antics, the same goes for Rice and Reed.

Nope, can't agree with this sentiment at all.

If you want me to go againist the grain and like a team everyone can't stand, that will be Green Bay for me. A lot of people hate their fans and players but I enjoy watching players like Rodgers, Matthews and Jennings play.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Tim Thomasen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Image
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Malkamaniac on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:34 pm

I hate everyone on the Ravens except Ed Reed. Harbaugh(brother included) are absolute idiots to the max.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,107
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:I agree with the sentiment that the Ravens are a semi-likeable team. Whenever we lose and the Ravens remain, I think I secretly cheer for them as a good representative of the AFC North and a hard-hitting enjoyable team to watch. But GOD do i hate them when we play them.


I don't like the Ravens at all. Harbaugh is a classless ******* and their fans are insufferable. Although I will agree that Ray Lewis is a outstanding player, I can't stand his antics, the same goes for Rice and Reed.

Nope, can't agree with this sentiment at all.

If you want me to go againist the grain and like a team everyone can't stand, that will be Green Bay for me. A lot of people hate their fans and players but I enjoy watching players like Rodgers, Matthews and Jennings play.


Rodgers is a grade A dbag, Matthews is a dbag as well and their are second only to the ravens in dbaggory

Ray Lewis is a murderer, Flacco is a overrated mongoloid... Ed Reed and Suggs... don't get me started

fwiw I think the steelers are a buncha dbags as well but I still root for them :pop:

I like St. Louis and Detroit.... thats about it
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:40 pm

mac5155 wrote:Like I said, since we won, we need to ***** about something :pop:


If you people can post 4 pages about a post-game handshake, then I feel no remorse in complaining about Colon.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Tim Thomasen on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Godric wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:I agree with the sentiment that the Ravens are a semi-likeable team. Whenever we lose and the Ravens remain, I think I secretly cheer for them as a good representative of the AFC North and a hard-hitting enjoyable team to watch. But GOD do i hate them when we play them.


I don't like the Ravens at all. Harbaugh is a classless ******* and their fans are insufferable. Although I will agree that Ray Lewis is a outstanding player, I can't stand his antics, the same goes for Rice and Reed.

Nope, can't agree with this sentiment at all.

If you want me to go againist the grain and like a team everyone can't stand, that will be Green Bay for me. A lot of people hate their fans and players but I enjoy watching players like Rodgers, Matthews and Jennings play.


Rodgers is a grade A dbag, Matthews is a dbag as well and their are second only to the ravens in dbaggory

Ray Lewis is a murderer, Flacco is a overrated mongoloid... Ed Reed and Suggs... don't get me started

fwiw I think the steelers are a buncha dbags as well but I still root for them :pop:

I like St. Louis and Detroit.... thats about it


Still like watching them play. There an exciting team to watch in my opinion, although I hate the State Farm commercials Rodgers does.

And I also don't dislike Tom Brady as much as everyone else in this town does. I think he's an exciting talent to watch.

Hey your not going to get me to disagree with you about the Steelers and their fans. The players can me mega ***** bags and Stiller Nation can be infufferable for how they put there players and organization over everyone else in the league, but like you I keep following them because i'm a Pittsburgher who like to watch his hometown team play.

And why do you like the Rams and Lions btw? Just curious.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:33 pm
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Godric on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Godric wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:I agree with the sentiment that the Ravens are a semi-likeable team. Whenever we lose and the Ravens remain, I think I secretly cheer for them as a good representative of the AFC North and a hard-hitting enjoyable team to watch. But GOD do i hate them when we play them.


I don't like the Ravens at all. Harbaugh is a classless ******* and their fans are insufferable. Although I will agree that Ray Lewis is a outstanding player, I can't stand his antics, the same goes for Rice and Reed.

Nope, can't agree with this sentiment at all.

If you want me to go againist the grain and like a team everyone can't stand, that will be Green Bay for me. A lot of people hate their fans and players but I enjoy watching players like Rodgers, Matthews and Jennings play.


Rodgers is a grade A dbag, Matthews is a dbag as well and their are second only to the ravens in dbaggory

Ray Lewis is a murderer, Flacco is a overrated mongoloid... Ed Reed and Suggs... don't get me started

fwiw I think the steelers are a buncha dbags as well but I still root for them :pop:

I like St. Louis and Detroit.... thats about it


Still like watching them play. There an exciting team to watch in my opinion, although I hate the State Farm commercials Rodgers does.

And I also don't dislike Tom Brady as much as everyone else in this town does. I think he's an exciting talent to watch.

Hey your not going to get me to disagree with you about the Steelers and their fans. The players can me mega ***** bags and Stiller Nation can be infufferable for how they put there players and organization over everyone else in the league, but like you I keep following them because i'm a Pittsburgher who like to watch his hometown team play.

And why do you like the Rams and Lions btw? Just curious.


Big fan of Megatron and Bradford
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:40 pm

lol bradford
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,990
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby TheHammer24 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I think the problem with complaining about Colon is he has played very well this year, and deserves credit for the run game's resurgence.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,074
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:28 pm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby Rocco on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:03 pm

TheHammer24 wrote:I think the problem with complaining about Colon is he has played very well this year, and deserves credit for the run game's resurgence.



http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamoff2011

They were a much better running team last year than this year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol2011

Last year they were 3rd in Adjusted Line Yards. This year? 26th so far. FO doesn't track plays behind the left/right guard, but their effectiveness at running up the middle is down this year. The rush offense is not as effective this year on a per-play basis. And if you think that advanced statistics that take quality of opponents into account are the devil, they averaged 4.4 YPC last year. This year they are at 3.8 YPC, and it's not like they are running the ball a ton more. As much as I'd love to blame it on Colon that would be intellectually dishonest. The revolving door at RB, the problems at RT, and now the QB issues make it impossible to compare the lines. The point is, the running game this year is as hit-or-miss this year as it was last year, and it hasn't hit as well. The Steelers wasted the opportunity to get free from Colon when the Bears were interested in him and now they are paying him too much to get rid of him.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,704
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Are You Ready for Some Football - Steelers/Ravens 2012 v

Postby penny lane on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:04 pm

a point about Willie Colon's penalties, 5 , I believe were in the Philly game. I hope he can return soon.

* I read that Ike's sprain, could it be , high ankle sprain, may take 3-6 weeks.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,519
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Ready

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beveridge, Loaf31, Staggy and 3 guests

e-mail