Sandy Hook Tragedy

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Breaking: School shooting in CT

Postby JS© on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 pm

PensFanInDC wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Interesting connection between the fathers of Lanza and Holmes (aurora shooter). On phone and can't link so someone can Google it and post.

Both were due to testify in a rather large federal case....

I think it was posted earlier either in here of the PDT, but the case PFIDC is alluding to was the LIBOR scandal. Both were high ranking officers (one a scientist and one a CFO if I remember correctly) for large corporations.

Thanks!

Tin foil hats everyone!!

Posted this back a few pages ago. It's an odd coincidence for sure, but I don't know what to make of it. I haven't watched much news since Friday, but Has any of the MSM picked up on it?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
The way you love to hunt, have you tried to field train your Golden? They absolutely love it and it's just great to be out in the field with one. I used to take a couple of mine up to Moraine and I'd have duck hunters approach me almost everytime.

tried, he doesn't like gun shots. I had him out 2 weeks after I got him trying to shoot around him, just starting with a 22 and work my way up, and he wasnt having any of it. which is fine, because my fiancee would hate me if i took him away from her at 5 am to go hunting.. when I get up, he takes my spot in bed.lol
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:03 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
SoupOrSam wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Interesting connection between the fathers of Lanza and Holmes (aurora shooter). On phone and can't link so someone can Google it and post.

Yeah, what's the chances....

That LIBOR case is extremely interesting. If I were a consiracy theorist, it would make a great premise for a movie.

Very much so. Trillions and trillions of global money. Waiting for some infowars and abovetopsecret posters to pick up on it.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm

mac5155 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
The way you love to hunt, have you tried to field train your Golden? They absolutely love it and it's just great to be out in the field with one. I used to take a couple of mine up to Moraine and I'd have duck hunters approach me almost everytime.

tried, he doesn't like gun shots. I had him out 2 weeks after I got him trying to shoot around him, just starting with a 22 and work my way up, and he wasnt having any of it. which is fine, because my fiancee would hate me if i took him away from her at 5 am to go hunting.. when I get up, he takes my spot in bed.lol

Start with pots and pans in the kitchen... seriously.

But I do get that some Goldens are just such big mushes. (Kindhearted, Loving) that they're perfect house dogs / companions
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:13 pm

that is gut wrenching
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:36 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
SoupOrSam wrote:

Yeah, what's the chances....

That LIBOR case is extremely interesting. If I were a consiracy theorist, it would make a great premise for a movie.

One of you guys link this, a coworker mentioned this but i had no idea what he was talking about.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hockeynut! on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby mac5155 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:42 pm

JS© wrote:Take this for what it's worth. Not sure what to think of it (if anything), but this is a strange coincidence.

In the wake of the mass murders that took place in Newtown, Connecticut on Dec. 14, information on the shooter, and his family, is slowly being discovered by law enforcement other sources. One interesting connection to the tragedy that took place at the Sandy Hook school is that the father of Adam Lanza has a connection to the theater shootings that took place in Aurora earlier this year by James Holmes.

Both fathers of the shooters were allegedly expected to testify in the Libor scandal that rocked the banking world in June.

The father of Newtown Connecticut school shooter Adam Lanza is Peter Lanza who is a VP and Tax Director at GE Financial. The father of Aurora Colorado movie theater shooter James Holmes is Robert Holmes, the lead scientist for the credit score company FICO. Both men were to testify before the US Sentate in the ongoing LIBOR scandal. The London Interbank Offered Rate, known as Libor, is the average interest rate at which banks can borrow from each other. 16 international banks have been implicated in this ongoing scandal, accused of rigging contracts worth trillions of dollars. HSBC has already been fined $1.9 billion and three of their low level traders arrested.

financial institutions determine each day for lending purposes between each facility. This rate is then translated to the interest rates used for mortgages, student loans, credit cards, and nearly every interest bearing loan in the world. Manipulation of the Libor rate has resulted in hundreds of billions, if not trillions of dollars in fraudulent payments made by billions of customers throughout the financial world.

For similar events on the magnitude of both Aurora and Newtown to hold a connection to one of the greatest financial scandals in the history of finance is astronomically slim in regards to coincidence. In fact, neither shooter had a history with firearm proficiency, and the outcome of each shooting showed an expertise many trained military personnel could not achieve. This leaves the question of where they got their training, or if there was another plot involved which allowed these young men to perform the actions they did with such precision.

While the coming days will bring forth more pertinent information on the motives, access, and failures of both community and family to diagnose the events leading up to Adam Lanza's killing spree, one thing is becoming disturbingly clear. The connections between the Aurora massacre, and the one that took place in Newtown on Friday, may have far more ramifications to the people involved in the Libor scandal than anyone could imagine.

http://www.examiner.com/article/libor-s ... to-testify

here ya go.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:05 pm

The only Libor I knew before I posted that was Libor Pivko. Since this is a shooting thread, he definitely doesn't deserve to be mentioned. :pop:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:48 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
Spoiler:

Thanks... I was totally looking for something that would bring me to tears...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Hockeynut! wrote:http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/12/newtown-libor-hunger-games-theories.php

I don't know...seems legit.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:39 pm

Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

I've admittedly kept my distance from this story. It still makes me ill to think about it.

Do we know why he shot 6 year olds at point blank range, multiple times? Any notes, Facebook statuses etc?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rylan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

Cause it seemed like the thing to do at the moment would be my guess DG66
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I've admittedly kept my distance from this story. It still makes me ill to think about it.

Do we know why he shot 6 year olds at point blank range, multiple times? Any notes, Facebook statuses etc?

The most recent items I've read (This afternoon) cite individuals who were confidants of the mother who said that she had started the process to have him committed - that he was completely terrified and pissed off over the prospect. That he was convinced that his mother "loved that damn school" more than she loved him.

It's a story I think is probably accurate, it seems to fit as well.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/12 ... him-video/

“From what I’ve been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed,” Flashman told FoxNews.com. “Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, that makes more sense EPP. Though figuring out rationally why something irrationally happened will cause head/heart aches.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby obhave on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

We had a vigil tonight for those killed. God, that was hard to go through. The friend of mine who is from Newtown shared stories of some of the families and children who were killed. No dry eyes to be seen after that.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

The FBI is currently trying to get info from his hard drive. He apparently did a good job of damaging it enough that it isn't as simple as plugging it in and getting what they need.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:18 pm

I've been very hesitant to blame the mother for having guns around a boy with learning disabilities, but if she in fact were planning to have him committed, she probably saw him as someone unfit to be mainstreamed into society. And if this is true, why the heck would she continue to keep her gun collection in her house? It doesn't seem like she thought things through very well.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:27 am

I'm not supporting a single tweak to the gun laws unless there are serious reforms regarding mental health and these medications that they are taking. Changing gun laws alone is nothing but political opportunism.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am

You'd rather lock away the mentally ill than guns?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

wow, how did you go from that to that gaucho?
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

MRandall25 wrote:The FBI is currently trying to get info from his hard drive. He apparently did a good job of damaging it enough that it isn't as simple as plugging it in and getting what they need.

He was suppose to be fairly astute from a technical perspective. If you have *any* real understanding of how HDD's work, it's not hard to make them totally unreadable.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 am

count2infinity wrote:wow, how did you go from that to that gaucho?

By exaggerating.

So... disregard.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR