Need advice on a camera

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Need advice on a camera

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

The wife and I are going to Europe and we're trying to figure out what camera we'd like to take. We've narrowed it down to the Canon Rebel T3 and the Canon powershot SX50. She likes the Rebel because some of our friends have it, you can just click click click, and it does quick autofocus. I like the SX50 because it's more compact and takes basically the same quality picutures. (We're not doing anything bigger than 8x10s.)

Does anyone have any input on this or is anyone into photography to give good advice on this? Thanks. By take I mean buy.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Need advice on a camera

Postby mac5155 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 am

I have a T3 and like it, but I must say that for the price point the T3i is more bang for your buck. I wanted the i and got just the T3 as a gift, but it was only like $50 more. Look for a nice bundle online, you should be able to get at least 2 lenses and the camera for like $550. Also, my fiancees mom thought she was being frugal and bought us the "kit" with a tripod and bag......dont worry about those. The tripod already broke and the bag is hideous.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to NHR