Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby joopen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:11 am

I don't understand how Orioles is a conflict. They don't play in the same stadium?
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,868
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby joopen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:12 am

skullman80 wrote:If the Steelers won the super bowl and had to start on the road people here would say its a conspiracy and the league is out to get the steelers.


Harrison is in Cincy now... Goodell hates them now
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,868
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:26 am

joopen wrote:I don't understand how Orioles is a conflict. They don't play in the same stadium?


If you've been to their stadium area, it would be a logistical nightmare to have two simultaneous games.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,847
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby joopen on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:44 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
joopen wrote:I don't understand how Orioles is a conflict. They don't play in the same stadium?


If you've been to their stadium area, it would be a logistical nightmare to have two simultaneous games.


Gotcha
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,868
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:07 pm

You should never do this with injuries, not knowing how every team will be next year, etc... but breaking down the schedule, I don't see the doom and gloom.

vs. Titans: Steelers win 1-0
at Bengals: Bengals wins 1-1
at Bears: Bears win 1-2
London Vikings: Steelers win 2-2
at Jets: Steelers win 3-2
vs. Ravens: Steelers win 4-2
at Raiders: Steelers win 5-2
at Patriots: Patriots win 5-3
vs. Bills: Steelers win 6-3
vs. Lions: Steelers win 7-3
at Browns: Steelers win 8-3
at Ravens: Ravens win 8-4
vs. Dolphins-: Steelers win 9-4
vs. Bengals: Steelers wins 10-4
at Packers: Packers win 10-5
vs. Browns: Steelers win 11-5

Obviously some wins could go other way (Cinci might sweep us), but some losses can definitely go the other way (the Bears one)

There's a lot of teams with a lot of holes, not just the Steelers
Last edited by IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,989
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:10 pm

we got shafted on our schedule this year. we have @ chicago followed by a game in london which takes one of our home games, and basically puts us on the road for a month straight, and then we have to play 2 road games in 4 days, the 2nd of which is in baltimore. then we play AT Green Bay, AT New England, and travel to the west coast. this is an awful awful schedule.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:12 pm

Froggy wrote:we got shafted on our schedule this year. we have @ chicago followed by a game in london which takes one of our home games, and basically puts us on the road for a month straight, and then we have to play 2 road games in 4 days, the 2nd of which is in baltimore. then we play AT Green Bay, AT New England, and travel to the west coast. this is an awful awful schedule.

The game in London counts as away one. Trust me, Steelers were supposed to play in Minneapolis I was super excited....... then they move it to London. I was also excited for the Penguins at Wild this year........ I'll never be able to watch a Pittsburgh team again apparently

Most teams make a west coast trip.

Also, yea our home schedule is easier than our away but you could look at it as all those home games should take away some upset potential and we'd lose to Brady / Rodgers no matter where its played :)
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,989
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:16 pm

IanMoran wrote:
Froggy wrote:we got shafted on our schedule this year. we have @ chicago followed by a game in london which takes one of our home games, and basically puts us on the road for a month straight, and then we have to play 2 road games in 4 days, the 2nd of which is in baltimore. then we play AT Green Bay, AT New England, and travel to the west coast. this is an awful awful schedule.

The game in London counts as away one. Trust me, Steelers were supposed to play in Minneapolis I was super excited....... then they move it to London. I was also excited for the Penguins at Wild this year........ I'll never be able to watch a Pittsburgh team again apparently


i misread about the london game being a home game. still a crap schedule. meanwhile, over in baltimore...

most of their hardest games (HOU, GB, NE) are in baltimore, they get pittsburgh at home on a short week, and the furthest west they have to go is to Denver on the first night of the season, and then have 10 days off.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Froggy wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
Froggy wrote:we got shafted on our schedule this year. we have @ chicago followed by a game in london which takes one of our home games, and basically puts us on the road for a month straight, and then we have to play 2 road games in 4 days, the 2nd of which is in baltimore. then we play AT Green Bay, AT New England, and travel to the west coast. this is an awful awful schedule.

The game in London counts as away one. Trust me, Steelers were supposed to play in Minneapolis I was super excited....... then they move it to London. I was also excited for the Penguins at Wild this year........ I'll never be able to watch a Pittsburgh team again apparently


i misread about the london game being a home game. still a crap schedule. meanwhile, over in baltimore...

most of their hardest games (HOU, GB, NE) are in baltimore, they get pittsburgh at home on a short week, and the furthest west they have to go is to Denver on the first night of the season, and then have 10 days off.

Ignoring logistic the Steelers have the 23 hardest schedule (based on last year's records) while Baltimore has the 5th toughest

Edited since I messed up :
Difference in teams:

Steelers play:
Titans, Raiders

Ravens play:
Broncos, Texans
Last edited by IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,989
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:34 pm

both teams play the pats and bills.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Froggy on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:36 pm

we play 6 games vs our division, 4 games against the nfc north, 4 games against the afc east, and the other 2 3rd place finishers in the afc (oakland and tennessee)

baltimore plays 6 games vs our division, 4 games against the nfc north, 4 games against the afc east, and the other 2 1st place finishers in the afc (houston and denver)

on paper, yeah... the ravens have it harder. but they have a lot of breaks in their schedule, as i mentioned earlier
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,988
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Froggy wrote:we play 6 games vs our division, 4 games against the nfc north, 4 games against the afc east, and the other 2 3rd place finishers in the afc (oakland and tennessee)

baltimore plays 6 games vs our division, 4 games against the nfc north, 4 games against the afc east, and the other 2 1st place finishers in the afc (houston and denver)

on paper, yeah... the ravens have it harder. but they have a lot of breaks in their schedule, as i mentioned earlier

Yea, IDK. My way-too early can't really do breakdown of game to game was 11-5. It'd be 9-7 if we had the Ravens schedule
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,989
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 pm
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:03 pm

6-10. 3-13 if BRoeth misses a significant amount of time.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,548
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:59 pm

Young money

Clairton Bears Football
12:57pm (about an hour ago)

I have been busy recently and didnt get a chance to post this when it happened, but Antonio Brown of the Pittsburgh Steelers was scheduled to speak at the Clairton Bears Banquet last week and did not show up. Not only did he not show up, he didnt call, didnt return messages, his representative didnt call, didnt return messages and so far has left at least 3 emails looking for explainations unanswered. Thats classless. That is a classless act. These kids didnt deserve that. I would like to know why he didnt show up after confirming that he would be there. If anyone can get an answer for me I would be very grateful.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,847
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Brown was working on a touchdown dance and lost track of time. It happens to the best of us.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,548
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby columbia on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Are we getting to the point, where prominent Steelers are more embarrassing than your average CIN player?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,417
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:48 pm

The Steelers have been terrible against Oakland recently, no matter the gulf in skill. I would chalk that up as a loss right now.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Rylan on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

columbia wrote:Are we getting to the point, where prominent Steelers are more embarrassing than your average CIN player?


The NFL is embarrassing. Heck, sports in general is getting embarrassing.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby JS© on Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Rocco wrote:Brown was working on a touch first down dance and lost track of time. It happens to the best of us.


fixed
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby joopen on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm

JS© wrote:
Rocco wrote:Brown was working on a touch first down brushed my teeth dance and lost track of time. It happens to the best of us.


fixed


:slug:
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,868
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: right behind you

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby JS© on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Here's a link to the FB post about Brown:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3907057891
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,949
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby Rocco on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:38 pm

JS© wrote:
Rocco wrote:Brown was working on a touch first down dance and lost track of time. It happens to the best of us.


fixed


Brown's too delusional to realize touchdowns will be scarce this year.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,548
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Rashard Mendenhall ‏@R_Mendenhall 2m
What I write is truly my voice, and not someone else's interpretation. And so anyone who takes the time to listen, I appreciate you.


Rashard Mendenhall ‏@R_Mendenhall 2m
Thank you guys for taking the time to read, reflect, and respond to my most recent post.


I'm happy we traded Mendenhall to the Huffington Post.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,847
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby jprolley on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:30 am

Even though he's not a steeler anymore, I thought I'd share this story that shows despite the bad press a lot of NFL players seem to get or those who do good deeds in front of the cameras, theres still guys like Casey Hampton who are doing genuinely good things for people even though nobody is reading or hearing about it. Here's the story....

A month ago, my mom was in a serious car accident in Galveston TX and nearly didn't survive. A week after the accident, i realize i just stepped into an elevator with casey hampton. I said hi, told him i was a fan, nothing overbearing or anything. His mother was also in the ICU at the hospital. My dad also talked to him for a few minutes while hanging out in the waiting room. A few days later, his mom was moved to another floor and he was gone for the time being.

I had gone home for a few weeks to pay some bills, work, take care of the kids, etc before flying back here on Saturday. Apparently during that time, hamptons mom was moved back into the ICU and there was the mother and sister of a gunshot wound victim who had been in there a few weeks. They had come from about 90 minutes away and had literally spent every second of their lives inside hospital since they brought him in (theyre still there by the way). My dad and brother said that one day while i was gone, casey bought everybody buckets of fried chicken and handed the mother $100 to use on whatever she needed.

My dad also said Casey spotted him one day, called my dad by name (they had talked only once or twice before that) and asked how my mom was doing, let him know he's still praying for her, etc. Nice to know there's still guys doing nice things even though its not being filmed or publicized.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. Casey Hampton = solid dude
jprolley
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,444
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:23 am
Location: Youngstown, Ohio

Re: Official 2012-13 Pittsburgh Steelers Off-Season Thread

Postby canaan on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:38 am

cool story, jprolley. thanks for sharing. sorry to hear about your mom.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,259
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:13 am
Location: H2S

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BleuLineLady, Dickie Dunn, meecrofilm, mikey287, nocera, OutofFoil, Shyster, Staggy, the wicked child and 12 guests


e-mail