Primanti's going natiowide

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 pm

Greensburg, Moon, Robinson (one on 60), are all pretty decent.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,149
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby Shyster on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:17 pm

I've eaten many times at the location in Harmarville (it's near my sportsmen's club), and the food there appears to be up to the quality of the traditional locations.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,454
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:32 pm
Location: Here and there

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby Rylan on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

I have had issues with the Moon branch a few times where food took forever and a half to get to me.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,085
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Maybe im jaded because I've only eaten the original location maybe twice. I dunno. And is it me or is there a distinct difference between on location primanti's and PNC Park primanti's. And if so, why?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby Rocco on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Just tell me who I need to kidnap in order to get one of these in Virginia Beach.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,529
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby ulf on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:25 pm

I hated In-n-Out
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby Pavel Bure on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm

They're pretty good but nothing any sandwich shop can't do... The fries aren't very good IMO but a bologna with a fried egg is delicious.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,454
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby mac5155 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:Maybe im jaded because I've only eaten the original location maybe twice. I dunno. And is it me or is there a distinct difference between on location primanti's and PNC Park primanti's. And if so, why?


Pretty sure because the ones they serve in the 6th inning were made in the 1st.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,149
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 pm

mac5155 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Maybe im jaded because I've only eaten the original location maybe twice. I dunno. And is it me or is there a distinct difference between on location primanti's and PNC Park primanti's. And if so, why?


Pretty sure because the ones they serve in the 6th inning were made in the 1st.


ha. I mean it all seems so much different. The bread taste and size, the toppings taste/look different. I thought maybe there was a reason.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:39 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Maybe im jaded because I've only eaten the original location maybe twice. I dunno. And is it me or is there a distinct difference between on location primanti's and PNC Park primanti's. And if so, why?


Pretty sure because the ones they serve in the 6th inning were made in the 1st.


ha. I mean it all seems so much different. The bread taste and size, the toppings taste/look different. I thought maybe there was a reason.


you really need a reason that food served at the ballpark is different than food served at a sit down restaurant?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,142
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:40 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Maybe im jaded because I've only eaten the original location maybe twice. I dunno. And is it me or is there a distinct difference between on location primanti's and PNC Park primanti's. And if so, why?


Pretty sure because the ones they serve in the 6th inning were made in the 1st.


ha. I mean it all seems so much different. The bread taste and size, the toppings taste/look different. I thought maybe there was a reason.


you really need a reason that food served at the ballpark is different than food served at a sit down restaurant?



When its that different yes. I dont see anything different between the kitchen at PNC park and the scuzzy kitchens at Primanti's. At the very least use the same bread.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:07 pm

JS© wrote:I don't have a problem with it. When Primanti's opened their first restaurant, their mission was to have a successful restaurant and make money. Being a Burgh thing probably came with the territory. The Yinzers who have the stance of not allowing the restaurant to leave the area are the same people who probably never left the city at any point in their life. It can expand and still be a thing Pittsburgh is known for. I don't see why it can't be both.

I think their food is ok; no better or no worse than any other chain restaurant.


I want it to be a burgh thing, and I also have traveled all over the country and all over the world.

I like going to different cities that have their own "thing", and this was Pghs.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,788
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby newarenanow on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm

mac5155 wrote:I never knew, that the reason for the strip district, was all the truckers coming in with fresh food and things to sell, wanted a "full course meal to go".. hence everything on a sandwich.


You serious?
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,788
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:56 pm

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Shyster wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Is it just me, or are the "new" primanti's locations crap?.

Plus, the service at the “suburban” locations is bizarre. They actually have people who come to the tables and you tell them what you want. To me, it’s not really Primanti’s unless your order involves someone behind the counter pointing at you and saying “Hey you. What the f*** do you want?”

That's how they roll down at the market square location.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,827
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Nobody Loves Me, Neither Do I...

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm

newarenanow wrote:
JS© wrote:I don't have a problem with it. When Primanti's opened their first restaurant, their mission was to have a successful restaurant and make money. Being a Burgh thing probably came with the territory. The Yinzers who have the stance of not allowing the restaurant to leave the area are the same people who probably never left the city at any point in their life. It can expand and still be a thing Pittsburgh is known for. I don't see why it can't be both.

I think their food is ok; no better or no worse than any other chain restaurant.


I want it to be a burgh thing, and I also have traveled all over the country and all over the world.

I like going to different cities that have their own "thing", and this was Pghs.


I'm sure if you read the articles, you know what I'm referring to. ;) Those who think that if it's in Pittsburgh, it has to stay in Pittsburgh. To me, even if it moves outside of Pittsburgh (which by the sound of it, it will) Primanti's will still be synonymous with Pittsburgh.

I think it will be one of those cases where those who try it elsewhere will end up saying that it's good but it's nothing compared to the ones in Pittsburgh.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,941
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby ville5 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:36 pm

I've read from several sources in the past that it was the steelworkers that were rushed for time on lunch hour. But same concept.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,903
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby BigMcK on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:41 pm

newarenanow wrote:I like going to different cities that have their own "thing", and this was Pghs.


Sourdough bread can be baked anywhere, but the bread from San Francisco can not be rivaled. Local ingredients, history, geography, etc... all have to be factored in. Mystique also plays a part.

I understand the sentiments you have.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,262
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Pedaling hard up the hill on a Downtown street

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby columbia on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:54 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:as a provincial yinzer, kenny the kangaroo prefers to keep yinzer treasures only for us. this sucks.


On the bright side, there's no little to no rush on the national scene to join the Pitt football bandwagon.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,378
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 pm

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,422
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby eddysnake on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:55 pm

So will it stay pittsburgh themed in other cities?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,634
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Location: tool shed

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 pm

Torn on this one. There's something special about going to the Strip location before or after a Pens or Steelers game but living in Jersey now, I would love one here.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,809
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby columbia on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:14 pm

I watched a Pens vs Tampa playoff game here (they lost):
http://giordanobros.com/history.aspx

I would have preferred to have had the real thing.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,378
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby ulf on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:15 pm

i'm bad, i'm natiowide
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,330
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:31 pm

The concept of Primanti's sammiches is one thing, but nothing will top going to the original location in the Strip.

There's a truck our here called Steel City Sandwiches that does a pretty good job with those types of sammies, and one called Meet N Potatoes that does not. I work with a guy from Grrenfield (iirc) and he and I like to joke about the differences between those two trucks. ("You can count the number of fries in the sandwich," he said of the latter. "It's six.") I fear that Primanti's franchise locations will be no better than the Steel City truck; a pale imitation that will do okay in a pinch - say, should you find yourself 2,000 miles from a real Primanti's location - but will give people an inaccurate impression of what it's supposed to be all about.

BigMcK wrote:CA is being infiltrated by Five Guys Burgers. If you believe the reviews they post on every wall, the whole state of Florida LUV's them! Don't see the luv attraction.

In-N-Out is not shaking from worry about them as they can't compete.

mac5155 wrote:If In and Out is better than Five guys then I'm roadtripping to the nearest one. Five Guys is phenomenal

You need to get out more, cos Five Guys is no better than average. I'd rather go to Carl's Jr. than Five Guys.

ulf wrote:I hated In-n-Out

COMMUNIST!

ville5 wrote:I've read from several sources in the past that it was the steelworkers that were rushed for time on lunch hour. But same concept.

The only story I've ever heard is the trucker one, and it's the way it's told on TV (by Toni Haggerty!) every time I see the place profiled.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,446
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: Primanti's going natiowide

Postby Godric on Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 pm

tifosi77 wrote:The concept of Primanti's sammiches is one thing, but nothing will top going to the original location in the Strip.

There's a truck our here called Steel City Sandwiches that does a pretty good job with those types of sammies, and one called Meet N Potatoes that does not. I work with a guy from Grrenfield (iirc) and he and I like to joke about the differences between those two trucks. ("You can count the number of fries in the sandwich," he said of the latter. "It's six.") I fear that Primanti's franchise locations will be no better than the Steel City truck; a pale imitation that will do okay in a pinch - say, should you find yourself 2,000 miles from a real Primanti's location - but will give people an inaccurate impression of what it's supposed to be all awbout.

BigMcK wrote:CA is being infiltrated by Five Guys Burgers. If you believe the reviews they post on every wall, the whole state of Florida LUV's them! Don't see the luv attraction.

In-N-Out is not shaking from worry about them as they can't compete.

mac5155 wrote:If In and Out is better than Five guys then I'm roadtripping to the nearest one. Five Guys is phenomenal

You need to get out more, cos Five Guys is no better than average. I'd rather go to Carl's Jr. than Five Guys.

ulf wrote:I hated In-n-Out

COMMUNIST!

ville5 wrote:I've read from several sources in the past that it was the steelworkers that were rushed for time on lunch hour. But same concept.

The only story I've ever heard is the trucker one, and it's the way it's told on TV (by Toni Haggerty!) every time I see the place profiled.


Carl's Jr is **** gross and 5 guys is okay

In n out, 5 guys and fat burger are all the same
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,240
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:19 am
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Humperdink and 6 guests


e-mail