IT Job Opening

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

IT Job Opening

Postby under7bird3 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Dont post much but seems there is a lot of IT folks on here. The company I work for is looking to fill the position below and having a hard time getting qualified people. PM if you are interested. Job is in South Hills Area of Pittsburgh, Pa

DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED ON THE JOB:
Responsibilities include ensuring the availability of enterprise computing environments through daily, preventive, and remedial maintenance.
Install, configure, and maintain server hardware, operating systems, applications, and supporting peripherals.
Implement and perform administration of Citrix Presentation Server XenApp (including Secure Gateway and Web Interface), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) systems.
Implement a Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager 2007 enterprise desktop management infrastructure, including the migration of existing installation packages from Novell Zenworks.
Implement a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment using Citrix XenDesktop, VMware View, or similar technology.
Develop, deploy, and manage Windows XP and Windows 7 corporate operating system images using Windows PE, Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK), and Symantec Ghost.
Automate application and patch installation using packaging and scripting technologies including VBScript, DOS batch, Installshield, and MSI.
Implement and manage Check Point Full Disk Encryption client-side disk encryption solution.
Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve escalated user incidents.
Comply with existing change management and security requirements to properly authorize and document work.
Must excel at solving technical problems and be able to work with minimal supervision to research, develop, and implement technical solutions
Create, maintain, and update technical documentation, physical and logical network diagrams, policies, procedures, user guides, status reports, and other documents, as required.
Must be capable of working outside of standard business hours when needed and available.

SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE JOB :
Minimum of 4 years of experience in performing business-quality desktop engineering and support for a large user base.
Proven ability to research, design, and implement technical solutions in a large organization.
Ability to recommend changes in procedures and processes to improve system performance, serviceability, and supportability.
Experience with customer support for deployed systems.
College degree or relevant certifications (e.g. MCSE, Citrix, etc) preferred.
Microsoft Desktop (Windows XP/Vista/7) and Windows Server (Windows 2003/2008) operating system and Active Directory experience is required.
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Citrix Presentation Server XenApp, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), and McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator experience is required.
Experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) technology such as Citrix XenDesktop or VMware View is strongly preferred.
Strong background in building, testing, updating, and deploying Windows operating systems in a large professional, business environment is essential.
Experience in using VBScript, DOS batch, Installshield, and MSI scripting to automate the deployment of update packages and applications.
Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem resolution experience.
Must possess professional oral and written communication skills, and expert organizational skills.
Small group leadership and experience working in a geographically dispersed environment is preferred.
Novell eDirectory, Novell Zenworks, and Novell GroupWise experience is a plus.
under7bird3

Re: IT Job Opening

Postby canaan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:00 pm

obligatory: will there be downtime available for LGP surfing?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:03 pm

and pooping?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:16 pm

yeah does everyone get a designated pooping stall
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I'm pretty sure that posters 2-4 will not be considered for said position.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby canaan on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:28 pm

columbia wrote:I'm pretty sure that posters 2-4 will not be considered for said position.

:lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 pm

the real question is what will have the more intelligent responses, job postings on lgp.com or job postings on craigslist
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Juice on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:10 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the real question is what will have the more intelligent responses, job postings on lgp.com or job postings on craigslist

depends if you post it in pens related or not
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Troy Loney on Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Juice wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:the real question is what will have the more intelligent responses, job postings on lgp.com or job postings on craigslist

depends if you post it in pens related or not

They're blacked out from the job posting in PR.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Does this place have bottles of hot sawse in the kitchen? Would it be considered stealing if I took one home?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thepittman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:58 pm

I can do 50% of that, looks like you are trying to get someone to do way to much. Most corporations would split the duties you described into 3 different positions.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Grunthy on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:02 pm

chances this person ever posts a job opening again? :pop:
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby thepittman on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Grunthy wrote:chances this person ever posts a job opening again? :pop:

I'm actually interested, but their scope is far too broad.
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:47 pm

That's at least 3 jobs where I am. One for deskside support, one for application support, one for network admin, and I'm sure there's probably enough for one more position dedicated to programming.

Not saying it's wrong since some companies are run different than others (budgeting, manpower, etc), but I'm agreeing with pittman saying the range being too broad.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby under7bird3 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:42 am

Pittman if you are interested pm and I can answer your questions.
under7bird3

Postby under7bird3 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 am

thepittman contact me here and we can talk about the job. lgp668771@outlook.com
under7bird3

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:19 am

I've seen this position on my facebook page also. It's for a Client System Engineer. OST, Inc
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby Azkar on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 am

JS© wrote:That's at least 3 jobs where I am. One for deskside support, one for application support, one for network admin, and I'm sure there's probably enough for one more position dedicated to programming.

Not saying it's wrong since some companies are run different than others (budgeting, manpower, etc), but I'm agreeing with pittman saying the range being too broad.

Needed: 1 Jack of all trades technology wiz.
Required skillz: Brogramming, system administration, linux, .net, java, c++, erland, FORTRAN, cobol, cisco certified, ...
Must be willing to work 80 hours a week and meet unreasonable deadlines. Will be reporting your technical findings to someone will a business degree that has absolutely no qualifications to manage you.
Pay is low, but this startup is a gr8 idea and will make tonz of money.
My nephew can do all of this stuff and he's 12.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby viva la ben on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 am

under7bird3 wrote:thepittman contact me here and we can talk about the job. lgp668771@outlook.com

*charcoal* JUST GOT REAL
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kovy27 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 am

Is the interview in a hotel room?
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:29 am

Kovy27 wrote:Is the interview in a hotel room?

You kid about that, but I had an college interview with a rep from Northwestern University at that hotel across from the Arena.
Thinking back on it, it seems a little weird. :scared:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby JS© on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am

I had mine in a hotel lobby, probably about 20 feet away from the hotel bar.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby yubb on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:25 pm

Most job postings in IT that I see are way broader than the skillset I expect most people posses.

I'm a jack of all trades and can't say I ever really meet all the criteria for most job postings.

I don't think a good IT person is one that went to school and learned everything they need to know. It's someone who can learn what he needs to know on his own, as new demands arise. That and character matters more than intelligence. There are too many really smart "gurus" that just don't cut it at our company because they can't communicate with coworkers and/or customers.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby under7bird3 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:34 pm

yubb wrote:Most job postings in IT that I see are way broader than the skillset I expect most people posses.

I'm a jack of all trades and can't say I ever really meet all the criteria for most job postings.

I don't think a good IT person is one that went to school and learned everything they need to know. It's someone who can learn what he needs to know on his own, as new demands arise. That and character matters more than intelligence. There are too many really smart "gurus" that just don't cut it at our company because they can't communicate with coworkers and/or customers.

Couldnt have said it better myself Yubb. HR people write job postings. Most of the time if you apply and resume looks ok they will bring you in for an interview.
under7bird3

Return to NHR