The wonderful world of corporate training

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The wonderful world of corporate training

Postby Tomas on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:46 pm

This training video, leaked straight from McDonald's, is now the point of major ridicule all over the Czech Internet:

The masterpiece inspired many awesome responses, including Facebook groups about "forgetting the pickle". To the credit of McDonald's - they just asked the public not to produce any more Hitler videos (naturally, there is now one where AH blows up because the dumbass Kate forgot to put the important ingredient on his cheeseburger), but if a customer comes to any of the Czech McDonald's and says "Wait, you forgot the pickle," he/she will get a free cheeseburger (I think).

Most importantly, anytime I feel my work sucks, I watch the video and thank my fortune I don't have to work for that red-scarf manager lady... :)

Any other similar training videos out there?
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The wonderful world of corporate training

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

The first 30 seconds shapes up like the plot to some pr0n.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Tomas on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:The first 30 seconds shapes up like the plot to some pr0n.

And, of course, you just uncovered the direction of 50% of the parody videos (what helps is that the manager tells Kate that George, the crew-trainer will "teach her all the positions" and that in Czech, 'pickle' translates as "(sour) cucumber", plus the actors are really bad)
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:57 pm

none of them are wearing gloves
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Yay! I am alone in this.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 pm

My wife is a sales trainer at a big pharma company. I've seen their videos (and she's 'starred' in several of them) and they are...... hilarious.

And the best part is Mrs Tif is a ham when it comes to this stuff. She's naturally quite funny and a pretty good performer, but holy cow. When it's shoot day, she gets all game faced and walks around the house reciting her lines, asking me to run lines with her. And these videos are like 3 minutes long and she might have 200 words to say.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 pm

tifosi77 wrote:My wife is a sales trainer at a big pharma company. I've seen their videos (and she's 'starred' in several of them) and they are...... hilarious.

And the best part is Mrs Tif is a ham when it comes to this stuff. She's naturally quite funny and a pretty good performer, but holy cow. When it's shoot day, she gets all game faced and walks around the house reciting her lines, asking me to run lines with her. And these videos are like 3 minutes long and she might have 200 words to say.

I don't know why, but I thought your wife worked as an attorney for the SAG. Now where did I get that impression?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:36 pm

"I'm going to have to be more careful with that pickle"
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to NHR