Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fired

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby yubb on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:47 am

Rylan wrote:
Godric wrote:
yubb wrote:
Rylan wrote:r/atheism is a big reason why I keep my beliefs to myself. They are jerks (mildly putting it) that make the rest of us that aren't look utterly terrible.


Atheists give us atheists a bad name.


Not the reason why but it is a reason I am a glad I do not refer to myself as an Atheist anymore.

When I call myself a Pantheist most people don't even know what I'm talking about :lol:


I don't divulge information like that. Or I say I'm not sure since I'm an agnostic atheist.


It depends on the company if i divulge. And rarely does the question come up directly of "What religion are you?" It's usually everyone around you is talking about God and just assumes that you believe because, well, "Everyone believes in God."
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:28 am

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 am

Lol yup pretty much.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:03 am

If someone asks me about my religious views, I tell them that I don't know and don't care. Thats more offensive to some than saying that i'm an athiest, and their anger is delicious.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,975
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby count2infinity on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:55 am

Applebees recently posted a receipt with a note and signature as well as a printed name on it on their facebook page... she got fired because she showed his signature right? They posted this guy's signature and his printed name. Seems odd to me.

Spoiler:
Image
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,059
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Beveridge on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am

count2infinity wrote:Applebees recently posted a receipt with a note and signature as well as a printed name on it on their facebook page... she got fired because she showed his signature right? They posted this guy's signature and his printed name. Seems odd to me.

Spoiler:
Image


If they asked him first if they could take a picture and then post it on the facebook page, it would be totally different.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,852
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am

That does seem odd, but I think there is a noticeable difference. The jerkoff pastor's receipt is likely to result in her receiving death threats, threatening phone calls, and generally being attacked by all corners of the Internet and media. The receipt you posted will likely result in the reader stating, "aww, that's nice", and moving on to other things. I do agree that consistency is needed, however.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,876
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby count2infinity on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 am

I'm not saying they are equal by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just saying it seems slightly hypocritical.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,059
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Beveridge on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 am

I get your point and I agree.

I look at it from 2 angles:

1. They got his permission to post that note with his signature on the facebook page.

2. They posted it anyway.


If it's 1, then I see no problem with what went down. If it's 2, then it's hypocritical and it should be questioned.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,852
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:55 am

Lost in this three page thread is how terrible Applebee's is. :pop:

What a shameful excuse for a restaurant.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,350
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Roger Roger.

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

Lamarr woodley disagrees
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,509
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am

Christians should be the best tippers IMO.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,931
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:31 am

I don't think I have ever eaten at Applebee's.
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Aloha Means Goodbye

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby the wicked child on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am

Applebee's = not impress
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,039
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 am

the wicked child wrote:Applebee's = not impress

The Sante Fe chicken salad is passable.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:40 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Christians should be the best tippers IMO.


Why would it not be enough if Christians were just good tippers?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Alejandro Rojas on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am

:thumb:
Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Christians should be the best tippers IMO.


Why would it not be enough if Christians were just good tippers?
Alejandro Rojas
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:08 pm
Location: Aloha Means Goodbye

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:47 am

Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Christians should be the best tippers IMO.


Why would it not be enough if Christians were just good tippers?

Because then Buddhists would get jealous?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:52 am

What does that even mean?

As a follower of Christ we are instructed to be giving. Therefore, it is my belief that Christians should, on average, tip better than most. I'm not saying we take a poll and determine what everyone else is tipping so that we tip better. I am saying that we should willingly tip above and beyond.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,931
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby columbia on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:53 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Lost in this three page thread is how terrible Applebee's is. :pop:

What a shameful excuse for a restaurant.


It is truly unfine dining.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,438
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:08 am

PensFanInDC wrote: I'm not saying we take a poll and determine what everyone else is tipping so that we tip better.


I'm sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me. Better than who? Even in times when I didn't have much money at all I always made sure to tip, because I felt it was the right thing to do. But I didn't worry about tipping better than others, I tipped what I could afford. I don't understand why you'd make a competition or whatever of it.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby PensFanInDC on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:12 am

I think this a matter of semantics and maybe I didn't come across the way I intended.

I believe that Christians following the teachings of Christ should tip above and beyond what is considered average. It is not meant to say we are better than anyone. We are not. We are, however, called to set an example. So, IMO, we should tip generously regardless of service or anything else.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,931
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:28 pm
Location: Fredneck

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Rylan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am

Gaucho you seem a bit...angry lately.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby mac5155 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:13 am

Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote: I'm not saying we take a poll and determine what everyone else is tipping so that we tip better.


I'm sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me. Better than who? Even in times when I didn't have much money at all I always made sure to tip, because I felt it was the right thing to do. But I didn't worry about tipping better than others, I tipped what I could afford. I don't understand why you'd make a competition or whatever of it.


Because that's essentially the whole basis of religion?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,154
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Location: governor of Fayettenam

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:14 am

mac5155 wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote: I'm not saying we take a poll and determine what everyone else is tipping so that we tip better.


I'm sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me. Better than who? Even in times when I didn't have much money at all I always made sure to tip, because I felt it was the right thing to do. But I didn't worry about tipping better than others, I tipped what I could afford. I don't understand why you'd make a competition or whatever of it.


Because that's essentially the whole basis of religion?


Not really.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Pastor doesn't tip waitress at Applebee's, waitress fire

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 am

PensFanInDC wrote:I think this a matter of semantics and maybe I didn't come across the way I intended.

I believe that Christians following the teachings of Christ should tip above and beyond what is considered average. It is not meant to say we are better than anyone. We are not. We are, however, called to set an example. So, IMO, we should tip generously regardless of service or anything else.


Gotcha. :thumb:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,844
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fast B, LeopardLetang, skullman80 and 5 guests


e-mail