Chris Cullivar is an idiot.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Chris Cullivar is an idiot.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Chris Cullivar is an idiot.

Postby skullman80 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 pm

It's Culliver, but yes he is.

It's not that he can't have his own opinion, no matter how much I think it's stupid, but the fact that you let something like that out in an interview that makes me question his intelligence.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm

:arrow:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:50 pm

i wish the nfl equipment managers would actually cut the tags off those beanie caps rather than ripping them. the stupid black thread is obnoxious. every single team.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm

And his apology was obviously not written by him. Anyone this stupid couldn't string together vocabulary like that
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:And his apology was obviously not written by him. Anyone this stupid couldn't string together vocabulary like that

And any apology that contains the phrase "if I offended anyone" doesn't really count as an apology.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:33 pm

MWB wrote:And any apology that contains the phrase "if I offended anyone" doesn't really count as an apology.

Have you ever used the "I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way" apology with the missus? It doesn't work very well :lol:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:And any apology that contains the phrase "if I offended anyone" doesn't really count as an apology.

Have you ever used the "I'm sorry if you took that the wrong way" apology with the missus? It doesn't work very well :lol:

Ive always hated that "if Ive offended anyone" crock too. You KNOW you've offended people thats the only reason you're apologizing. Even a slight tweek like, "I am sorry THAT i've offended anyone" makes a world of difference
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MWB on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Yes, along with, "I'm sorry if you don't understand..." No apology with if goes well, especially with the misses.
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 pm

You guys actually apologize to the missus?

:face:

Spoiler:
who knew?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby BigMcK on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:00 pm

"No active NFL player has come out as gay, although several have after retirement."

Not that it matters, or names need mentioning, but as a casual fan of the NFL that is news to me.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:38 pm

BigMcK wrote:"No active NFL player has come out as gay, although several have after retirement."

Not that it matters, or names need mentioning, but as a casual fan of the NFL that is news to me.

I could see thats one sport where guys would be legitamately scared to do it. Not only just because of the physicallity of it, but also it would be HUGE NEWS and harped on non stop given the popularity of the NFL, and lastly its such a Neanderthal culture, that there would be extreme backlash with a lot of players across the league, because so many of them are brain dead thugs, that I could see someone fearing physical backlash over it. And not just on the football field either. Hell with bounty gate, we had MILLIONAIRES trying to injury people for sport, for money they didnt even need.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby npv708 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:17 am

Has anyone else realized the irony behind these comments?

Spoiler:
He is a 49er. The 49ers are based in where? San Francisco. You know...the city with the highest percentage of LGBT community per population in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demog ... ted_States
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BigMcK on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:38 am

DudeMan2766 wrote:
BigMcK wrote:"No active NFL player has come out as gay, although several have after retirement."

I could see thats one sport where guys would be legitamately scared to do it. Not only just because of the physicallity of it, but also it would be HUGE NEWS and harped on non stop given the popularity of the NFL, and lastly its such a Neanderthal culture, that there would be extreme backlash with a lot of players across the league, because so many of them are brain dead thugs, that I could see someone fearing physical backlash over it. And not just on the football field either. Hell with bounty gate, we had MILLIONAIRES trying to injury people for sport, for money they didnt even need.

Yeah, it was a bold statement that several retired NFL players are now coming out as gay. Not a problem, but I hadn't heard that there was a first of "several" players. If so, whatever. However, if no one has, than the person that made the claim is mistaken.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby redwill on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:57 am

BigMcK wrote:Yeah, it was a bold statement that several retired NFL players are now coming out as gay. Not a problem, but I hadn't heard that there was a first of "several" players. If so, whatever. However, if no one has, than the person that made the claim is mistaken.

I'm not a football fan, but a quick Google search brings up

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/nfl-player-comes-out-help-gay-athletes
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-28/kwame-harris-gay-nfl-player-football-fight-boyfriend-soy-sauce-49ers-raiders
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BigMcK on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:31 am

redwill wrote:
BigMcK wrote:Yeah, it was a bold statement that several retired NFL players are now coming out as gay. Not a problem, but I hadn't heard that there was a first of "several" players. If so, whatever. However, if no one has, than the person that made the claim is mistaken.

I'm not a football fan, but a quick Google search brings up

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/nfl-player-comes-out-help-gay-athletes
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-28/kwame-harris-gay-nfl-player-football-fight-boyfriend-soy-sauce-49ers-raiders

Several = handful (3)? Would have thought the numbers would be higher of the large amount of retired players. Thank you for posting the links. As a casual fan, if a player comes out, good for him. The player in the original post may need to stop talking to the media about his fears.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puffymuffin on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:26 am

npv708 wrote:Has anyone else realized the irony behind these comments?

Spoiler:
He is a 49er. The 49ers are based in where? San Francisco. You know...the city with the highest percentage of LGBT community per population in the United States. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demog ... ted_States

Oh I thought you meant a black player talking about refusing a minority to play a sport.
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:26 am

npv708 wrote:Has anyone else realized the irony behind these comments?

Spoiler:

I was just about to post this...
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 am

Obviously Dan Marino isn't one of them...

... Yikes Dan, a 35 yearold CBS intern? What the heck were you thinking?
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Obviously Dan Marino isn't one of them...

... Yikes Dan, a 35 yearold CBS intern? What the heck were you thinking?

Yeah I know. 35? Dan, you can do better than that.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR