Stupid girl held in contempt of court

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Stupid girl held in contempt of court

Postby stopper40 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:18 pm

Rylan wrote:The playing with the hair thing just seemed like a nervous habit. I agree with that. But she didn't really show respect of the either the situation or the judge. That is definitely something that makes me have little issue with how the judge responded. She needed a wake up call to mature. Hopefully this does it.

Couldn't agree more, she showed less than zero respect for the judge and the hearing itself.
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:34 pm

Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sigwolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:02 am

I think the second video really helps to humanize both her, and the judge. Especially the text of the article shows that he really "gets" what's going on in society more than the first video, and his stodgy appearance, shows. I have a lot of respect for him, and truly believe he meant it when he wished her well at the end. Oh, and her lawyer also manages to represent every "slimeball lawyer" stereotype in the book...
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:45 am

I think he was spot on in increasing her penalty and such. You can't "punk" a judge, which is what saying 'adios' and obviously throwing the bird is. I think its dumb that he let her go and lowered her bond and everything. What does that teach anyone? Screw up and say sorry and all is forgiven. Good on him for making an example but he shoulda let her sit for 30 days. Same as people who put their kid in timeout for 10 minutes then let them out after 30 seconds. That'll teach 'em!
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR