HGH - The fountain of youth?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

HGH - The fountain of youth?

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:16 am

To me, this seems rather dangerous. On the other hand, if someone wants to pay 15k a year and have a rock hard body at 70 (and possibly cancer and organ failure) that's their business.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c4#/video/bestoftv/2013/02/07/ac-lah-forever-young-treatment.cnn
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: HGH - The fountain of youth?

Postby BigMcK on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 am

Rock hard body or not, you still need to get off their lawn.

I always wonder what amount, if any, damage is done to preteens that drink Red Bull, RockStar, or drinks pumped with chemicals on their long-term development?
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Godric on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:41 pm

BigMcK wrote:Rock hard body or not, you still need to get off their lawn.

I always wonder what amount, if any, damage is done to preteens that drink Red Bull, RockStar, or drinks pumped with chemicals on their long-term development?

Pumped with chemicals? Lol I wouldn't call B vitamins and caffeine chemicals but whatever
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Gaucho on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm

BigMcK wrote:Red Bull, RockStar, or drinks pumped with chemicals
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:00 pm

I assume you'd call sugar a chemical substance, though.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby OutofFoil on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 pm

I was prescribed synthetic HGH growing up. Shot myself up for 4 years. Only side effects were being ripped (not the case anymore), and still getting carded for cigs about 50% of the time even though I'm in my mid 30s. Made me better, faster, and stronger. In my prime of taking it I was 5'10", 135 lbs. 3% body fat and could bench 225 10x, run a 4.7 40, a mile in 5:30, and pole vault 13'6". I had to be monitored for diabetes, but that's it. It is some good stuff. I grew to 5'10" on it in those 4 years, and without it I probably wouldn't have broken 5'.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Postby llipgh2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm

OutofFoil wrote:I was prescribed synthetic HGH growing up. Shot myself up for 4 years. Only side effects were being ripped (not the case anymore), and still getting carded for cigs about 50% of the time even though I'm in my mid 30s. Made me better, faster, and stronger. In my prime of taking it I was 5'10", 135 lbs. 3% body fat and could bench 225 10x, run a 4.7 40, a mile in 5:30, and pole vault 13'6". I had to be monitored for diabetes, but that's it. It is some good stuff. I grew to 5'10" on it in those 4 years, and without it I probably wouldn't have broken 5'.

You needed it.

If you watch the video, every single customer supposedly has "HGH deficiency", which is the loophole to the regulations around use of HGH. I find it incredibly hard to believe...
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby OutofFoil on Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Very true lil. There's really no such thing as a HGH deficiency in adulthood as far as I was told by the endocrinologist. There are some extremely rare side effects that could occur, but only while on it. Some of them quite bad. Recreationally, not a good idea to use.
OutofFoil
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: Depends. I might be here, but I could be there. Hard to tell sometimes.

Return to NHR