Official Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 am

I hope the Jolly Roger isn't already on All Star break.
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby AlexPKeaton on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:15 am

So I turned the game on last night for the first time in a decade. Who's wife was the one updating the donations? She was smoking.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,532
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby ulf on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:17 am

Garrett Jones wife
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,746
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby JS© on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am

Cards went through a slump earlier this season. Pirates are doing the same and will snap out of it...I hope.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,238
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: training with lawnmowers and raging elephants.

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:21 am

a lot of women of a certain that may or may not be single are very crushed to know that garrett jones is married. this same group of women was also dejected when the pirates got rid of nate mcclouth, twice.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,269
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:32 am

ulf wrote:Garrett Jones wife has a nice bucket


FYP
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,512
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:14 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:a lot of women of a certain that may or may not be single are very crushed to know that garrett jones is married. this same group of women was also dejected when the pirates got rid of nate mcclouth, twice.

Mcclouth was considered attractive... really? Granted, I'm not the best judge on this subject, but never saw that on e
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,468
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:16 am

I think McLouth dated a KDKA reporter while he was a Pirate the first go round.

Heather Morris was her name, IIRC.
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,633
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am
Location: This Island Earth

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby malkinshair on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:18 am

CERV96 wrote:I blame Billy Bean.

Actually I don't. He runs his organization the way the Pirates should have been since 2002.


Looking the other way while the entire team juices? :slug:
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,173
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: about 455 yards away...with a 2 iron, I think.

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 am

IanMoran wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:a lot of women of a certain that may or may not be single are very crushed to know that garrett jones is married. this same group of women was also dejected when the pirates got rid of nate mcclouth, twice.

Mcclouth was considered attractive... really? Granted, I'm not the best judge on this subject, but never saw that on e


you never noticed the massive quantities of late 30s to early 50s women who were in love with mcclouth?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,269
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby IanMoran on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:28 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
IanMoran wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:a lot of women of a certain that may or may not be single are very crushed to know that garrett jones is married. this same group of women was also dejected when the pirates got rid of nate mcclouth, twice.

Mcclouth was considered attractive... really? Granted, I'm not the best judge on this subject, but never saw that on e


you never noticed the massive quantities of late 30s to early 50s women who were in love with mcclouth?

Can't say I did..

Image

Granted I was inbetween 17-21 during his stay here
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,468
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 am

Easy cougar bait?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,512
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am
Location: It's poop again!

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby canaan on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:15 pm

#Nationals send INF Brian Bocock to #Pirates to complete trade for C Brian Jeroloman. Bocock assigned to Triple-A Indy.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,003
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby columbia on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:20 pm

We need to hear from Dish on this McClouth issue.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,509
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Jim Bowden of ESPN wants to see the Pirates make this trade...

4. The Chicago White Sox trade Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez to the Pittsburgh Pirates for outfielder Gregory Polanco, pitcher Nick Kingham and shortstop Jordy Mercer.

The Pirates solve the two major weaknesses in their lineup, with Rios taking over right field and Ramirez at shortstop. Rios, 32, has proven over the years to be a solid .270 hitter capable of 20 home runs. He is solid in right field and would be a good support bat for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez and Starling Marte.

A change of scenery would help the 31-year-old Ramirez, who has hit 15 home runs and driven in 70 runs four different times in his career. He’s a solid defensive shortstop, too. Neither player is a difference-maker, but both would upgrade the Pirates at those positions.

In Polanco the White Sox would acquire an excellent outfield prospect who profiles as a .300 hitter with the speed to steal 20 bases. Kingham is an underrated quality starting pitching prospect, and Mercer is a stopgap shortstop. Mainly, the White Sox free up dollars and get younger as they build for the future. Their farm system is one of the weakest in the game, and they can use quantity and quality.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,353
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:53 am

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:27 pm

columbia wrote:We need to hear from Dish on this McClouth issue.


I'm good
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,573
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:35 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Jim Bowden of ESPN wants to see the Pirates make this trade...

4. The Chicago White Sox trade Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez to the Pittsburgh Pirates for outfielder Gregory Polanco, pitcher Nick Kingham and shortstop Jordy Mercer.

The Pirates solve the two major weaknesses in their lineup, with Rios taking over right field and Ramirez at shortstop. Rios, 32, has proven over the years to be a solid .270 hitter capable of 20 home runs. He is solid in right field and would be a good support bat for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez and Starling Marte.

A change of scenery would help the 31-year-old Ramirez, who has hit 15 home runs and driven in 70 runs four different times in his career. He’s a solid defensive shortstop, too. Neither player is a difference-maker, but both would upgrade the Pirates at those positions.

In Polanco the White Sox would acquire an excellent outfield prospect who profiles as a .300 hitter with the speed to steal 20 bases. Kingham is an underrated quality starting pitching prospect, and Mercer is a stopgap shortstop. Mainly, the White Sox free up dollars and get younger as they build for the future. Their farm system is one of the weakest in the game, and they can use quantity and quality.


If neither player is a difference maker then you sure as hell better not be trading Polanco for them.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,966
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby PhantomJB93 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm far from being in the "polanco is untouchable" camp but giving him AND kingham up in a trade for Rios is laughable. Rios isn't gonna be free but he sure as hell won't be that expensive. Maybe if you swapped josh bell for polanco in that trade I'd be more inclined to pull the trigger; even then that's still pretty expensive.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,351
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:21 pm
Location: Blacksburg, VA

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:45 pm

I really don't want to have a Pirate on my fantasy team, hopefully Tulo comes back effectively so I don't risk Ramirez being a Pirate. :scared:
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,262
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby columbia on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:46 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:
columbia wrote:We need to hear from Dish on this McClouth issue.


I'm good


:lol:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,509
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby pfim on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:51 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Jim Bowden of ESPN wants to see the Pirates make this trade...

4. The Chicago White Sox trade Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez to the Pittsburgh Pirates for outfielder Gregory Polanco, pitcher Nick Kingham and shortstop Jordy Mercer.

The Pirates solve the two major weaknesses in their lineup, with Rios taking over right field and Ramirez at shortstop. Rios, 32, has proven over the years to be a solid .270 hitter capable of 20 home runs. He is solid in right field and would be a good support bat for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez and Starling Marte.

A change of scenery would help the 31-year-old Ramirez, who has hit 15 home runs and driven in 70 runs four different times in his career. He’s a solid defensive shortstop, too. Neither player is a difference-maker, but both would upgrade the Pirates at those positions.

In Polanco the White Sox would acquire an excellent outfield prospect who profiles as a .300 hitter with the speed to steal 20 bases. Kingham is an underrated quality starting pitching prospect, and Mercer is a stopgap shortstop. Mainly, the White Sox free up dollars and get younger as they build for the future. Their farm system is one of the weakest in the game, and they can use quantity and quality.


That's batpoop crazy.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby beerman on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:54 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Jim Bowden of ESPN wants to see the Pirates make this trade...

4. The Chicago White Sox trade Alex Rios and Alexei Ramirez to the Pittsburgh Pirates for outfielder Gregory Polanco, pitcher Nick Kingham and shortstop Jordy Mercer.

The Pirates solve the two major weaknesses in their lineup, with Rios taking over right field and Ramirez at shortstop. Rios, 32, has proven over the years to be a solid .270 hitter capable of 20 home runs. He is solid in right field and would be a good support bat for Andrew McCutchen, Pedro Alvarez and Starling Marte.

A change of scenery would help the 31-year-old Ramirez, who has hit 15 home runs and driven in 70 runs four different times in his career. He’s a solid defensive shortstop, too. Neither player is a difference-maker, but both would upgrade the Pirates at those positions.

In Polanco the White Sox would acquire an excellent outfield prospect who profiles as a .300 hitter with the speed to steal 20 bases. Kingham is an underrated quality starting pitching prospect, and Mercer is a stopgap shortstop. Mainly, the White Sox free up dollars and get younger as they build for the future. Their farm system is one of the weakest in the game, and they can use quantity and quality.


Too much to pay even if the Sox pick up the entire tab. I still think Rios would be a really good fit though and could be acquired without giving up a top prospect.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,171
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Left Field

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby pfim on Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:58 pm

Baseball America currently has Polanco as the 13th best prospect in all of baseball. There isn't a single GM in the world that would make that trade for the Pirates.

Not really sure that Ramirez for Mercer is an upgrade either. Or enough of one to make a deal.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,680
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby TheGhostofGoulet on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Doesn't anyone want to hear more about Brian Bocock?
TheGhostofGoulet
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,633
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:02 am
Location: This Island Earth

Re: Official 2013 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Postby Dickie Dunn on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

pfim wrote:Baseball America currently has Polanco as the 13th best prospect in all of baseball. There isn't a single GM in the world that would make that trade for the Pirates.

Not really sure that Ramirez for Mercer is an upgrade either. Or enough of one to make a deal.


Its probably the worst trade proposal ever.
Dickie Dunn
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,966
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ShaPe and 6 guests

e-mail