10 Celebs That Need to Permanently Go Away

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

10 Celebs That Need to Permanently Go Away

Postby RxBandit66 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:04 pm

1) Letterman/Leno. The shtick is old, they're both old and tired. The "jokes" are weak, both men are cynical and negative despite having millions and living a ridiculously pampered lifestyle.

2) Maury Povich. He acts like he's doing people good with his overtly scripted, baby mama drama every day. His show reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy."

3) The Kardashian family. They inherited their family fortune from a man who set criminals free. Besides, they are ugly anyway. Especially Khloe, who looks like Shrek.

4) Aerosmith. Anyone on here listen to their latest album (which apparently took nearly a decade of professional songwriters, re-takes, stretched vocals, and overproduction to even make it sound that good?) If you have, you know why than band is on this list.

5) Adam Sandler. To the man who made millions by making fun of the handicapped and singing songs about Granny's underwear: it looked a lot cuter when you weren't pushing 50. Time's up, fatty.

6) Madonna. She never had any pride, but I'd think at some point there's a limit to how badly a person is willing to humiliate themselves. The last time the woman put out an entire good album was 1989's Like A Prayer, or 1992's Erotica. Maybe. Society should have written her off years ago.

7) Lance Armstrong. Nobody cared even when he was winning all those championships (are they even called championships??) so why does he think we care about him now?

8) The entire cast of CSI. While it may be true that the show will never run out of ideas (because people will never run out of creative ways to kill each other), there comes a time to let things go. The dark, melodramatic show was great at one time. But when you replace Gil Grissom with Sam Malone, and then replace Catherine Willows with the girl from Karate Kid, it kind of loses credibility.

9) Eminem. Dude, you're over the age of 40. You still dress like a teenager. Most of your "life story" is fake, and our culture pays you millions to whine about how hard your life is. In the rap world, we call these types of people "icons."

10) New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys. Touring together and releasing new albums in 2013!! Yay!! Are people really buying tickets to see a bunch of middle aged, balding, fat men sing a bunch of songs that faded from public conciousness decades ago?
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 10 Celebs That Need to Permanently Go Away

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:07 pm

HATERS GONNA HATE
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:HATERS GONNA HATE

Pretty much, you should direct your venom at the schlepps that demand these characters as a form of entertainment.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby meow on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm impressed you were able to widdle the list down to ten.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby blackjack68 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:15 pm

I appreciate the effort you put into this post even if I don't agree with all of it. Kudos.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby RxBandit66 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:21 pm

meow wrote:I'm impressed you were able to widdle the list down to ten.

:thumb:

It was hard to do. Our pop culture is ridiculous. Being that I teach sociology, it fascinates me how people are attracted to this drivel and pay money to watch it. Especially when the world economy is crumbling around us. If my tone offends anyone on here I apologize but I have a hard time fiddling while Rome burns.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:9) Eminem. Dude, you're over the age of 40. You still dress like a teenager. Most of your "life story" is fake, and our culture pays you millions to whine about how hard your life is. In the rap world, we call these types of people "icons."

10) New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys. Touring together and releasing new albums in 2013!! Yay!! Are people really buying tickets to see a bunch of middle aged, balding, fat men sing a bunch of songs that faded from public conciousness decades ago?

I was with you until these. Three legends right here.

N'Sync needs to make a comeback though. They were the G.O.A.T. of boybands.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Kristen Wigg

/EndList
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:18 pm

Her over-saturation is just beginning, my friend.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby canaan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:31 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Her over-saturation is just beginning, my friend.

yeah, shes gonna be on arrested development
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:37 pm

canaan wrote:

Noooooooo
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Hockeynut! on Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:44 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:it fascinates me how people are attracted to this drivel and pay money to watch it. Especially when the world economy is crumbling around us. If my tone offends anyone on here I apologize but I have a hard time fiddling while Rome burns.

A lot of people would say the same thing about hockey players or athletes in general.
Hockeynut!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MWB on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:06 pm

How does the list not include Lindsay Lohan?
MWB
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Agree with OP
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joopen on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm

You could pretty much name any of those people from the horrid reality tv shows they are on. My wife watches all of them and I want to cancel our cable because of it. They are all terrible people who provide nothing to society. Unfortunately, people look up to them and they are horrible role models. I don't wish ill will on people... except them. I hope horrible things happen to all of them and they all go away. You are famous for what exactly? What talents do you have? What do you do for society? At least the morons from jersey shore finally got tired of it and moved on so that MTV will stop spewing that crap all the time. A show of sluts and meatheads. All the housewives, gypsies, kardashians, that stupid one about the restaurant with the staff that all sleeps together, bachelors, bachelorettes, all of them. Go away. Donate your ill deserved earning to charity and finally do something positive for a change.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:00 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:1) Letterman/Leno. The shtick is old, they're both old and tired. The "jokes" are weak, both men are cynical and negative despite having millions and living a ridiculously pampered lifestyle.

2) Maury Povich. He acts like he's doing people good with his overtly scripted, baby mama drama every day. His show reminds me of the movie "Idiocracy."

3) The Kardashian family. They inherited their family fortune from a man who set criminals free. Besides, they are ugly anyway. Especially Khloe, who looks like Shrek.

4) Aerosmith. Anyone on here listen to their latest album (which apparently took nearly a decade of professional songwriters, re-takes, stretched vocals, and overproduction to even make it sound that good?) If you have, you know why than band is on this list.

5) Adam Sandler. To the man who made millions by making fun of the handicapped and singing songs about Granny's underwear: it looked a lot cuter when you weren't pushing 50. Time's up, fatty.

6) Madonna. She never had any pride, but I'd think at some point there's a limit to how badly a person is willing to humiliate themselves. The last time the woman put out an entire good album was 1989's Like A Prayer, or 1992's Erotica. Maybe. Society should have written her off years ago.

7) Lance Armstrong. Nobody cared even when he was winning all those championships (are they even called championships??) so why does he think we care about him now?

8) The entire cast of CSI. While it may be true that the show will never run out of ideas (because people will never run out of creative ways to kill each other), there comes a time to let things go. The dark, melodramatic show was great at one time. But when you replace Gil Grissom with Sam Malone, and then replace Catherine Willows with the girl from Karate Kid, it kind of loses credibility.

9) Eminem. Dude, you're over the age of 40. You still dress like a teenager. Most of your "life story" is fake, and our culture pays you millions to whine about how hard your life is. In the rap world, we call these types of people "icons."

I thought Laurence Fishburne replaced William Petersen.And Ted Danson replaced Laurence Fishburne.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby canaan on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Eminem is awesome.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Can I add LL Cool J to this list?

Has never had a relevant part in a hit movie and hasn't been musically relevant in over two decades.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Sam Elliott.

GET OUT OF MY TV AND TAKE YOUR DOPEY SLACKJAW PLAYED OUT HAMSLAP GRAVEL PUKE VOICE WITH YOU, YA WANK.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:07 pm

Eismann wrote:Sam Elliott.

GET OUT OF MY TV AND TAKE YOUR DOPEY SLACKJAW PLAYED OUT HAMSLAP GRAVEL PUKE VOICE WITH YOU, YA WANK.

the dude abides
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:30 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

the dude abides

Beef. It's what's for dinner.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Eismann on Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

the dude abides

May you all choke on banquet beer.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:04 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
canaan wrote:

Noooooooo

Oh God no....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:18 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:

the dude abides

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why Not Us on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:24 am

NKOTB might be middle aged but I don't think they're balding or fat. At least not in photos shown at the game tonight. I'll ask my wife when she gets back from the concert at CEC.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to NHR