ulf wrote:happy birthday....mikey!
Subtle enjoyment from this post...thanks!
Thanks all, appreciate it lots!
+ I did make it out to Mt. Pleasant/New Stanton
- The car we came down in (me and 3 players) broke down on the Schuykill (sp?) Expressway on the way there
+ It broke down right at an exit, with a gas station right at it and an Enterprise 2 miles away (they did come pick us up, note: the person that picks you up is not supposed to/allowed to accept a tip, in case you were wondering...I offered/asked because I'm an idiot like that...)
- This town isn't quite outside of that old "Philadelphia in the east, Pittsburgh in the west, Kentucky in the middle" stereotype/whatever
+ Pizza shops sell beer as a result
- Fast food places are every 30 feet (plus for some), they all take forever vs. what I'm used to
- Did not get to go to a Penguins game while there
+ Will count the money saved here as specifically earmarked for a playoff game instead
- A last minute re-scheduling would have opened up the time to go to the Florida game on Friday night, but it was too late to adjust plans...bleh
+ Not shouted at or harassed for wearing my Penguins coat everywhere
+ Pens game was on at the rink, even talked to a couple of Pens fans while watching
- One of them thought Tyler Kennedy should be given a shot on the second line, but otherwise was actually a pretty cool guy
+ My team played exceptional hockey throughout
- The team from Colorado is a bunch of scumbags, they got what they deserved...
+ Won a National Championship on my birthday!