Basement glass block window install in Pittsburgh area

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Basement glass block window install in Pittsburgh area

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:21 pm

Anybody on here ever had some glass block windows installed? I am looking to get the seven windows in my basement converted over from the cheap single pane windows they are now to some glass block ones. Not only for the added security but also to help keep the basement a little warmer in the winter. If you did who did you use or does anybody know of a good place to call.

Thanks,
Anthony
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Basement glass block window install in Pittsburgh area

Postby mac5155 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Do you have any handyman skills? My dad has very minor skills, and did this by himself. Check out YouTube for some directions. You could always try one, see how it goes, then go from there. It's pretty straightforward, with mortar and wedges.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Basement glass block window install in Pittsburgh area

Postby ajh2298 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:50 pm

mac5155 wrote:Do you have any handyman skills? My dad has very minor skills, and did this by himself. Check out YouTube for some directions. You could always try one, see how it goes, then go from there. It's pretty straightforward, with mortar and wedges.

I am pretty handy but when I do things lately I have the "Anything that can go wrong will" karma going for me right now. So I might let the pros handle this one.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to NHR