UPMC as a non-profit

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: UPMC as a non-profit

Postby pensfan1989 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:30 pm

Ossa wrote:Does anyone know how I can make a donation to them? Definitely one of my favorite non-profits.

Break a leg?
pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Ossa wrote:Does anyone know how I can make a donation to them? Definitely one of my favorite non-profits.

I'll assume you are serious... When my dad died a few years ago, we did an 'in lieu of flowers' type of thing for UPCI. You can donate towards the free care fund or research:

http://www.upci.upmc.edu/giving/
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby JeffDFD on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:08 pm

pensfan1989 wrote:

Break a leg?

Ha, try have something serious happen...for real...they will mail you and ask for donations. I had the lovely pleasure of fighting good ol' cancer and every now and then get letters trying to guilt me into giving the cancer center money or whatever...which is fine and good and all, I just would personally rather give to to an official organization (leukemia and lymphoma society, for example) instead of the hospital who does god knows what with the money.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to NHR