Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Vikings get Hodges (4R) + Mauti (7R).
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:13 pm

7th round pick- Nick Williams, DT, Samford.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:17 pm

I'm glad to see at least 1 lineman get drafted. They need all the depth they can get.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:33 pm

W&M had more players drafted than Pitt. You're damn right I am going to enjoy this.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Rocco wrote:W&M had more players drafted than Pitt. You're damn right I am going to enjoy this.

Between this and the shaming of The Dud, this has been a good week for you.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:52 pm

Antoine Hopkins and Mike Golic Jr. have signed as UDFA. Golic Jr. means they'll get talked about by ESPN, while Hopkins means their defense will be a juggernaut.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Ray Graham behind Foster / Tate :(

Looks like he's already their 3rd rb though
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:13 pm

IanMoran wrote:Ray Graham behind Foster / Tate :(

That's a good place for him- he'll get a lot of preseason carries since Houston won't want Foster to get a lot of work. He probably won't make Houston's roster but he can impress someone.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:16 pm

Mike Shanahan, Pitt signs with the Steelers Jets
Last edited by viva la ben on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:18 pm

viva la ben wrote:Mike Shanahan, Pitt signs with the Steelers

You mean the Jets.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby npv708 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:24 pm

Rocco wrote:W&M had more players drafted than Pitt. You're damn right I am going to enjoy this.

Except for the fact its still W&M...a second tier school in the second tier. :slug:
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:27 pm

npv708 wrote:

Except for the fact its still W&M...a second tier school in the second tier. :slug:

Best school in the state. Unlike Richmond, where you can get in if you can spell your own name or if daddy can pay someone to spell your name for you.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 pm

Rocco wrote:
IanMoran wrote:Ray Graham behind Foster / Tate :(

That's a good place for him- he'll get a lot of preseason carries since Houston won't want Foster to get a lot of work. He probably won't make Houston's roster but he can impress someone.

It looks like the Texans are going to let a couple undrafted free agent rb's compete for that job. I have faith Graham wins it
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:20 pm

Steelers sign 15 UDFA in total. Most intriguing to me is Reggie Runn WR Utah. Only 5'9 but has holy bleep! speed. Ran 4.25 and 4.26 at his pro day. Is also a very accomplished KR. YouTube his returns. Had 4 100+ yd returns last year.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby JS© on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ulf on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am

Fioris is overrated
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am

joopen wrote:Steelers sign 15 UDFA in total. Most intriguing to me is Reggie Runn WR Utah. Only 5'9 but has holy bleep! speed. Ran 4.25 and 4.26 at his pro day. Is also a very accomplished KR. YouTube his returns. Had 4 100+ yd returns last year.

His stats don't make much sense to me.....

In 2012, Dunn had 12 receptions for 74 yards, 13 rushing attempts for 58 yards,

Ok, so his only chance is going to be as pure KR if he can impress enough to warrant a spot there

and 10 kick returns for 513 yards.[1] He had two 100-yard kickoff returns against California to set an NCAA single-game record.[2] A week later, he had a 100-yard kickoff return against Washington State.[3] He then had another 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown against Colorado. Dunn set NCAA records for kickoff returns for touchdowns in a season (four), 100-yard kickoff returns for touchdowns in a career (five), and 100-yard kickoff returns for touchdowns in a game (two).

Why only 10 kickoff returns? I thought maybe he got hurt, then I looked it looks like he got hurt last 2 games but before that coaching staff didn''t have him returning kicks until 5th game of season..... Figured they'd give a kid with that speed the chance before then lol
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:46 pm

npv708 wrote:

William and Mary resides in a hotbed for HS football. Hampton Roads produces a lot of athletes, and W&M grabs talented local kids all the time that don't make it to VT or UVA. Webb is a great example of that.

As for Pitt... I for one expected Pitt to be shut out from this years draft. Arguably the only NFL-caliber guys were Graham and Shanahan; Graham had a very poor performance in the combine, and Shanahan could only get to the NFL level as a pass-catching TE, but is undersized and didn't really outperform any of the natural TE's in the draft in terms of receiving.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:07 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:

William and Mary resides in a hotbed for HS football. Hampton Roads produces a lot of athletes, and W&M grabs talented local kids all the time that don't make it to VT or UVA. Webb is a great example of that.

Those kids end up at ODU or JMU because they don't have the grades to get into W&M.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IanMoran on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:

As for Pitt... I for one expected Pitt to be shut out from this years draft. Arguably the only NFL-caliber guys were Graham and Shanahan; Graham had a very poor performance in the combine, and Shanahan could only get to the NFL level as a pass-catching TE, but is undersized and didn't really outperform any of the natural TE's in the draft in terms of receiving.

Pitt has been terrible at getting guys drafted, but the amount of guys in recent years that have made NFL rosters / stuck around for awhile in a lot of those cases as undrafted is pretty impressive (when consider odds undrafted guys normally have)

Chas Alecxih, Aaron Berry, Zach Brown, CJ Davis, Dom DecCico, Dorin Dickerson, Henry Hynoski, Buddy Jackson, John Malecki, Scott McKillop, Lucas Nix, Tyler Palko

I bet get at least 2 more this year.

My theory - Pitt sucks so much in a terrible conference its easy for guys to be overlooked that wouldn't be in other schools
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby npv708 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:18 pm

Rocco wrote:
npv708 wrote:

Best school in the state. Unlike Richmond, where you can get in if you can spell your own name or if daddy can pay someone to spell your name for you.

lol...Sounds like the only thing they teach at W&M is arrogance and misinformation.

Although the daddy paying the way part is completely true for at least 60% of the students.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Rocco wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:

Those kids end up at ODU or JMU because they don't have the grades to get into W&M.

Compare the rosters; JMU does not have a pipeline in Hampton Roads... they get some VaBeach kids, but they mostly get kids from Northern Virginia. Webb is from Newport News and there are a few kids from Suffolk, Hampton, etc... different worlds.

And lol at ODU. Didn't even know they had a football team, and I lived a block off Colley in Ghent.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
npv708 wrote:

Compare the rosters; JMU does not have a pipeline in Hampton Roads... they get some VaBeach kids, but they mostly get kids from Northern Virginia. Webb is from Newport News and there are a few kids from Suffolk, Hampton, etc... different worlds.

And lol at ODU. Didn't even know they had a football team, and I lived a block off Colley in Ghent.

They just re-started their team at the 1-AA level a few years ago and have gotten a bunch of kids that aren't good enough for the 1-A teams. ODU starts with 1-A football next season.

JMU stands for Just Missed UVA.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Lol relax w&m is a top notch safety school lets not get carried away
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to NHR