Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:21 pm

JS© wrote:
Rocco wrote:Adam Schefter says the Steelers and Bengals are interested in Mathieu. I will rage if the Steelers pass on Webb for Mathieu.

I don't see any teams lining up to take Mathieu early. If the Steelers took a chance on him at 150, which is derp into the 5th round, then whatever.

I think someone takes him today. I was really hoping the Cowboys would take him at the end of the first round.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:25 pm

What time does the draft start today?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Coverage starts at 6:30pm.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:31 pm

I can't even watch the draft coverage anymore. Way too much time spent by the talking heads while we sit for 5 minutea after the pick is supposedly in. Then espn will show the guy or talk about the guy getting drafted for 3 minutes, then surprise... That's who they pick.

Was really crappy that the Stillers pick was in for like 5 mins, they went to a commercial, announced it, then hurried along... Meanwhile they spent all kinds of time on other picks....

What a terrible product.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 pm

the wicked child wrote:I can't even watch the draft coverage anymore. Way too much time spent by the talking heads while we sit for 5 minutea after the pick is supposedly in. Then espn will show the guy or talk about the guy getting drafted for 3 minutes, then surprise... That's who they pick.

Was really crappy that the Stillers pick was in for like 5 mins, they went to a commercial, announced it, then hurried along... Meanwhile they spent all kinds of time on other picks....

What a terrible product.

Stuff like that seems to happen all the time with the Steelers. I remember during the 2009 draft, Hood's selection was announced and popped up on the screen while ESPN was busy kissing Beanie Wells' ass for 15 minutes.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pfim on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:44 pm

the wicked child wrote:I can't even watch the draft coverage anymore. Way too much time spent by the talking heads while we sit for 5 minutea after the pick is supposedly in. Then espn will show the guy or talk about the guy getting drafted for 3 minutes, then surprise... That's who they pick.

What a terrible product.

Watching Gruden waffle on his opinions on players is entirely annoying. I could only stand about 20 minutes of it.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:01 pm

I loathe Gruden and have trouble believing that he ever had a job managing anything involving a football organization, much less had success. He seems like an utter moron.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:03 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:It's pretty clear I don't like the pick. It's mainly to do with the fact I have lost faith in the FO over the past couple of years. If Jarvis Jones turns out to be quality then I will praise the pick.

So you would've been unhappy no matter what? That sounds like fun.

I don't think that is unreasonable whatsoever and I never said I would have been unhappy no matter what ( I would have been pleased with a safety or Eifert). Thanks for assuming that though. The FO hasn't had a sparkling record lately (Kemoeatu deal, Colon deal, bringing back scrubs this offseason, recent drafts). Drating a guy who ran a 4.9 40, and has medical red flags (a questionable pick imo) makes me question the pick even moreso because of the recent ineptitude of the FO.

I didn't really make any assumptions there. You said you don't like the pick because you don't trust the front office. Thanks for elaborating though using the actual reasons this time.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Rocco wrote:
JS© wrote:
Rocco wrote:Adam Schefter says the Steelers and Bengals are interested in Mathieu. I will rage if the Steelers pass on Webb for Mathieu.

I don't see any teams lining up to take Mathieu early. If the Steelers took a chance on him at 150, which is derp into the 5th round, then whatever.

I think someone takes him today. I was really hoping the Cowboys would take him at the end of the first round.

Kiper and rotoworld are saying he goes in the third round, which I guess I could see. I was thinking that his drug history and his lack of size is gonna hurt him.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:51 pm

What a terrible product.

Supposedly both ESPN and NFL Network were gonna back off of the pre-announced picks. I wasn't paying too much attention since I was flipping between that and the Pens game, but it seems like they were still jumping the gun on the trade announcements, announcing them about 8 minutes before Goodell made it up to the podium.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:04 pm

shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:19 pm

What happens with the QBs over the next two days should be interesting.

Nassib seems to have the intangibles that teams love, but does he have the physical talent? Geno Smith is the most talented QB in the draft (not an accomplishment), but is being dogged by questions about his character. His decision to "take his ball and go home" and announce that he won't return for day two of the draft after not being selected last night isn't helping his cause. Matt Barkley is Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez.

After those 3 its scrub city. Bray has talented but is a lazy meat-head. Glennon is a nothing. Wilson and his tiny hands are unimpressive. And then its just blah all over the board. Very uninspiring draft for QBs. I don't expect any of the crappy "Big 4" to be impact players in the league. Maybe Bray, Glennon, and Wilson can stick in a backup role at some point, but I doubt it. These guys are going to be out of the league within 3 years.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby joopen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:22 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:
ulf wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
WDWBurghGooner wrote:It's pretty clear I don't like the pick. It's mainly to do with the fact I have lost faith in the FO over the past couple of years. If Jarvis Jones turns out to be quality then I will praise the pick.

So you would've been unhappy no matter what? That sounds like fun.

I don't think that is unreasonable whatsoever and I never said I would have been unhappy no matter what ( I would have been pleased with a safety or Eifert). Thanks for assuming that though. The FO hasn't had a sparkling record lately (Kemoeatu deal, Colon deal, bringing back scrubs this offseason, recent drafts). Drating a guy who ran a 4.9 40, and has medical red flags (a questionable pick imo) makes me question the pick even moreso because of the recent ineptitude of the FO.

Well the next time he has to run in a straight line for forty yards to make a tackle, we're in trouble.

Well, special teams coverage is gonna suck.

Already does and hasn't changed much in years.
joopen
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ulf on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:31 pm

Dysert is gonna be a good quarterback. Wouldn't mind him backing up Ben if he lasts till the 4th round.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Meh??
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:44 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Meh??

Last thing this team needs is a RB
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:45 pm

They left lacy on the board and took this guy?
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

DelPen wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Meh??

Last thing this team needs is a RB

I don't understand that pick at all.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JoseCuervo on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Don't see much upside in bell, personally. Probably could have gotten someone similar in the third.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm

Bell is very 'meh'. Lacy is a better back in almost every way...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:48 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:Don't see much upside in bell, personally. Probably could have gotten someone similar in the third.

Or undrafted. That hurdle crap won't fly in the NFL.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:49 pm

And he isn't a very good pass blocker either, apparently. I just don't understand the logic behind Bell at all.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pronovost19 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 pm

unreal...i guess tomlin must know something i didnt see when i saw him...another dwyer
pronovost19
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby count2infinity on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:51 pm

JoseCuervo wrote:Don't see much upside in bell, personally. Probably could have gotten someone similar in the third.

I was talking to a guy at work today saying the same thing. Should have taken a safety or CB in the second then a RB if a good one is available in the 3rd. The Bills easily could have gotten Manuel in the second round. I would be surprised if there wasn't a somewhat decent RB still available in the 3rd.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DudeMan2766 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 pm

But twitter is exploding about that highlight where he leaped a guy. That has to be worth something right?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR