Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby slappybrown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:58 pm

True story -- despite living here nearly my entire life, I have never been on the incline.

KNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,430
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby IanMoran on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Bioshock wrote:
slappybrown wrote:I can't participate in this because I'm going to get too emotional and get banned. I will leave you with one note:

Fiori's is the worst pizza I have ever had in my life. Try cooking it next time chief.

/s/ People from the south hills are morons.

DROPS MIC


Haha, you are literally the only person i have ever heard say that.

Its not terrible, its just not all that good.. at all.

Primanti's is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Last edited by IanMoran on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,863
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby slappybrown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Also, Rocco claiming anyone else is too negative is so so so rich.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,430
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby IanMoran on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:00 pm

slappybrown wrote:Also, Rocco claiming anyone else is too negative is so so so rich.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,863
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:04 pm

slappybrown wrote:True story -- despite living here nearly my entire life, I have never been on the incline.

KNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

are you asking me on an incline date?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,630
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby slappybrown on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 pm

canaan wrote:
slappybrown wrote:True story -- despite living here nearly my entire life, I have never been on the incline.

KNANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

are you asking me on an incline date?

*BLUSHES*
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,430
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

slappybrown wrote:Also, Rocco claiming anyone else is too negative is so so so rich.


Hey, I've been optimistic in this thread. You're just being a hater.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:28 pm

slappybrown wrote:What was the projection on this CB from Illinois? I heard McShay say he views him as a #4 CB.


High-upside pick with plenty of tools to succeed. 6ft with a 4.4 40. I've just read some about him, but he supposedly has the potential to be a steal.

I don't ever recall watching him play, but because he's from Illinois, I'm just going to assume his play wasn't that great in college
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:36 pm

6th round pick- WR Justin Brown from Oklahoma.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby kovyfalcon27 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Rocco wrote:6th round pick- WR Justin Brown from Oklahoma.


The guy who bailed on Penn St??
kovyfalcon27
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,627
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:17 pm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:41 pm

kovyfalcon27 wrote:
Rocco wrote:6th round pick- WR Justin Brown from Oklahoma.


The guy who bailed on Penn St??


That's the one.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Justin Brown...picked...before Michael Mauti...hahahaha.

He has decent hands, nice size. Nothing really special, not overly quick, runs his routes well. Meh.

Edit: To be fair, he didn't really 'bail', since they actually let him finish his degree at PSU instead of Oklahoma through online classes...actually, I'm not sure if that's better or worse. He was basically a mercenary while he will get his degree from PSU, not sure if he deserves it.
Last edited by DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,192
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:44 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:Justin Brown...picked...before Michael Mauti...hahahaha.

He has decent hands, nice size. Nothing really special, not overly quick, runs his routes well. Meh.


Mauti has no knees.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:46 pm

Rocco wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Justin Brown...picked...before Michael Mauti...hahahaha.

He has decent hands, nice size. Nothing really special, not overly quick, runs his routes well. Meh.


Mauti has no knees.


Brown has no hands. What's your point? :P I just think it would be worth the gamble, late in the 6th round, take a 1st-2nd round talent with injury problems over a guy who was never really any NFL talent. I agree that the injuries wrecked any chance of him having a long career, most likely.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,192
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Rocco wrote:
DontToewsMeBro wrote:Justin Brown...picked...before Michael Mauti...hahahaha.

He has decent hands, nice size. Nothing really special, not overly quick, runs his routes well. Meh.


Mauti has no knees.


Brown has no hands. What's your point? :P I just think it would be worth the gamble, late in the 6th round, take a 1st-2nd round talent with injury problems over a guy who was never really any NFL talent. I agree that the injuries wrecked any chance of him having a long career, most likely.


Saying Mauti has injury problems is like saying Kurt Cobain had a problem with depression. You're underselling Mauti's health woes.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby JoseCuervo on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I don't even understand how you can keep playing after having multiple ACL tears. I mean, you need to replace the ACL with something - patellar, quad, or hamstring grafts. You keep replacing it, and you won't have much leg left.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,809
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:20 pm
Location: Dallas

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby ville5 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm

31 st best CB and 60+ ranked WR according to scouts inc. Ugh. Seem like undrafted FAs. Like first 4 rounds.
Last edited by ville5 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,687
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm

If Mauti is healthy, he is a late-1st round talent. He is a leader and the epitome of what you want in a Pittsburgh Steeler. I know I'm wearing the blue&white glasses here. I'm not 100% familiar the NFL draft and how many 6th/7th round guys usually become NFL regulars--but I think the odds that Mauti stays healthy are about the same as the odds that Justin Brown becomes an NFL talent. Just my 2 cents.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,192
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:26 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:If Mauti is healthy, he is a late-1st round talent. He is a leader and the epitome of what you want in a Pittsburgh Steeler. I know I'm wearing the blue&white glasses here. I'm not 100% familiar the NFL draft and how many 6th/7th round guys usually become NFL regulars--but I think the odds that Mauti stays healthy are about the same as the odds that Justin Brown becomes an NFL talent. Just my 2 cents.


Except he's not healthy. At all. And he's shown no ability to stay healthy. It's one thing to sprain an ankle. It's another to consistently suffer catastrophic knee injuries. Health is a skill.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:28 pm

I see I missed slappy
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,704
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:28 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:If Mauti is healthy, he is a late-1st round talent. He is a leader and the epitome of what you want in a Pittsburgh Steeler. I know I'm wearing the blue&white glasses here. I'm not 100% familiar the NFL draft and how many 6th/7th round guys usually become NFL regulars--but I think the odds that Mauti stays healthy are about the same as the odds that Justin Brown becomes an NFL talent. Just my 2 cents.

the keyword is "if"
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,630
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Vince Williams ILB Felon state
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,630
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:33 pm

Rocco wrote:Health is a skill.


Tell that to Sid :pop:
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,192
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:42 pm

If I was more athletic, I could be an NFL Hall of Famer
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,704
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Who or what positon should the Steelers Draft.

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:46 pm

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
Rocco wrote:Health is a skill.


Tell that to Sid :pop:


Mario can tell Sid. Mario should understand this as well, since health is the reason he didn't have a better career than Gretzky despite greater physical gifts.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 35,368
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

e-mail