WHY AM I A PITT FAN

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: WHY AM I A PITT FAN

Postby Shyster on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:Elaborate, please.

Madden mentioned that someone on an internet message board had raised the fact that he was raised by a single mother. He didn't like it. If he was indeed referring to you and your post, I believe he functionally requested that you engage in an act fornication with yourself.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby viva la ben on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Madden is a regular lurker of LGP. He's been a poster too until the butt hurt got too much. I can't exactly remember what drove him away. I remember most of his posts were plugging his upcoming show.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Shyster wrote:

Madden mentioned that someone on an internet message board had raised the fact that he was raised by a single mother. He didn't like it. If he was indeed referring to you and your post, I believe he functionally requested that you engage in an act fornication with yourself.

If madden doesnt want people making observations about his personal life, perhaps he should not mention his personal life on his radio show.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rocco on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:13 pm

newarenanow wrote:Madden is totally tearing Shell apart on the radio.

Beating up a 19 year old who can't respond. Classy. I bet he went easy on PSU fans who ripped players that left the team last year, right? He's completely consistent.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mac5155 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Vendetta against absentee dads maybe? He always says his mother was a single mom. I dunno the whole story
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:22 pm

FIRE STEVE PEDERSON
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Pitt87 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:56 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Well that idiot who left the FB programming was a thug. Who cares about some thug. He will probably die in a gang related incident anyway. Eff him. Should have never been recruited.

I think thats pretty extreme.

He's just like alot of other kids in Western PA that are told from a young age that they are amazing talents, going to be rich, and should not let anyone try to hold you back. When you've heard that your whole life, you start to think that anyone that is challenging you is holding you back. He's weak and lacks character, and HCPC doesn't seem like a guy that fights for a guy like that.

Fairness to HCPC, he was recruited by Todd Graham, another guy of questionable character.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby pfim on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:50 am

Shyster wrote:

Oh the irony.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tomas on Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:55 pm

Shyster wrote:For example, the second year I was at Pitt the football team went 4-7, which included 0-72, 0-45, and 6-60 losses to Ohio State, Miami, and Notre Dame, respectively. I particularly remember the Ohio State game for one play where the Buckeyes ran back a Pitt punt for a touchdown with (IIRC) only nine guys on the field. At the same time, the basketball team (under Ralph Willard) was equally putrid.

That was the bad year??? :lol:
In my second year at Pitt (which would be your first, I think), Pitt gloriously went 2-9 overall, 0-7 in Big East (which, by definition included losses to Big East perennial doormats Temple and Rutgers). Oh, the good times.

[Though the year you reference was special as well. I believe that was the year Johnny Majors got fired. But AFAIK not for the sport performance. I remember Pitt News reported that the University got sued by one of the ex-players. Old Johnny wanted to toughen up the team, and so ordered the players to put on the helmets and to run head-first into the wall at the Fitzgerald Field House. (Not) surprisingly, one of the guys broke his neck and ended up paralyzed... :roll: ]

Have I ever mentioned that one of my PhD program colleagues got physically threatened by the Pitt star (Dietrich J.) for not giving him the passing grade just based on the fact he ATTENDED classes? :twisted:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR