Screen Video Capture App

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Screen Video Capture App

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Looking to see if you guys use anything you like more than others. I may want to take some videos of whatever is happening on my screen, including simple desktop activity, a video game I'm playing, or streaming internet video (for that it needs to be able get around copy protection, of course, and so it needs to be more like a window screen capture rather than an app that connects to the actual stream).
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Screen Video Capture App

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:49 am

Hmm...I've used Dxtory to record 3D games and Camtasia to do screen captures for tutorials and the like.

Dxtory is a great program but the documentation is sketchy because it originates in Japan. Very little framerate loss when recording 3D games such as BF3, Crysis and so on - but you need to have a secondary hard drive (preferably internal).

Both products have trials...
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Screen Video Capture App

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Camtasia won't install for me for some reason. I really want to try it, but it hangs for 10 minutes before I force close it.

I never heard of the other one so I'll try it.

I tried now 12 or so different apps over last few days. My favorite so far, totally free, really smooth in operation, up to 60frames/sec, is oCam.

http://ohsoft.net/product_ocam.php
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR