Proxies

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Proxies

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 am

Curious what apps you guys use for that. Not talking about a VPN service, just a simple proxy app. Not that I use one a lot, but if I need it, I've been liking this one lately. Like now, I downloaded a file on a particular website, but the moron owner put in a 1-file-per-24-hours limit. Blast that.

http://www.proxyswitcher.com/

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Proxies

Postby DocEmrick on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:43 am

I'll have to check that out. The big thing right now are the Skype resolvers and Stress Testers, which are wreaking havoc on people's home internet connections. :pop:

So a proxy is a must if you use Skype.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:13 pm

Yeah, this is a good one. They keep it updated and all that. It scans and finds a ton of them and it's an ease to switch from one to another, just click a button. The full version for (I think) $50 is what you want since that one finds those Elite proxies which I'm sure you're after since the basic anonymous ones typically send a string with your IP anyway letting a website know you're on a proxie. Cool thing with this app too is that you can add your own proxies manually, even import a full txt file and have the thing test them.

I got all 5 files I wanted last night thanks to this thing. Crazy dude. He uploads pirated stuff on his site, then sets a download limit to 1 a day.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:16 pm

However, if you need a permanent solution, I would maybe propose a VPN. Those can be dirt cheap.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to NHR