Boston Marathon Bombings

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Not to be snarky, but is it a fact that the people in that picture blew up the Boston marathon? If they did, they would certainly be classified as terrorists. If they happened to be Arab, does that automatically provide us with their motivation?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,150
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:51 pm

No, it does not. I don't see why I can't be curious about their nationalities. You're really delving into assumptions and trying to make it more than it is.

End of story. I'm done.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,670
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Wondering if they are Spanish, or Italian, or hell... American... Totally ok. Wondering if they are middle eastern... "HOW DARE YOU SPECULATE ON THEIR NATIONALITY!"
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,555
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

You're certainly free to be curious about nationalities, though I think I explained why it could raise some eyebrows. I also explained how I'm not "delving into assumptions". Not sure why you're so sensitive to being questioned about your line of thinking.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,150
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Froggy wrote:Wondering if they are Spanish, or Italian, or hell... American... Totally ok. Wondering if they are middle eastern... "HOW DARE YOU SPECULATE ON THEIR NATIONALITY!"


Who said this?
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,150
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Kraftster on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Yeah, how on earth is it irrelevant what their nationality is? If, you know, we want to at least state that we're interested in trying to prevent such an attack from happening again, every detail is relevant.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,733
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:25 am
Location: Frolik

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby SolidSnake on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Stuff like this is why old double S stays out of these types of threads.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Tico Rick on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:58 pm

True that, Kraftster. Perhaps nationality will prove to be relevant in this case, perhaps not.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,150
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: It's a great day for hockey!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:02 pm

He's not being sensitive to being questioned. He's being bothered. Heck, it's bothering me.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,888
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Hiding Jagr in the basement

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Tico Rick wrote:
Froggy wrote:Wondering if they are Spanish, or Italian, or hell... American... Totally ok. Wondering if they are middle eastern... "HOW DARE YOU SPECULATE ON THEIR NATIONALITY!"


Who said this?

Go back a page
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,555
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby doublem on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:06 pm

ok so say it's an Middle Eastern person, how do you stop them from bombing a large open public place, say it's an american, same question?
doublem
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,430
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:05 pm

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby columbia on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:07 pm

MRandall25 wrote:I don't really see how that's relevant columbia.

I'm curious. That's it. I don't know why I'm being interrogated about it.


You seem to be assuming that I am placing a value judgement on your curiosity; I'm not.

Just saying that I feel that it doesn't matter what the motives were: it happened.

You obviously feel differently. No biggie.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,684
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Froggy on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 pm

doublem wrote:ok so say it's an Middle Eastern person, how do you stop them from bombing a large open public place, say it's an american, same question?

You probably don't. it really doesn't matter.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,555
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby JarkkoVision on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:12 pm

columbia wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I don't really see how that's relevant columbia.

I'm curious. That's it. I don't know why I'm being interrogated about it.


You seem to be assuming that I am placing a value judgement on your curiosity; I'm not.

Just saying that I feel that it doesn't matter what the motives were: it happened.

You obviously feel differently. No biggie.


It does matter what the motives were.
JarkkoVision
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,888
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: Hiding Jagr in the basement

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby tfrizz on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:16 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Anyone figure out what type of hat the white hat is?

It's a white Ralph Lauren cap. Can't remember the full name.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,133
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-1 ... ckers.html

“He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,670
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:18 pm

doublem wrote:ok so say it's an Middle Eastern person, how do you stop them from bombing a large open public place, say it's an american, same question?


No... if it's a middle easterner, the question is who does he work for? Who do we retaliate against?

It's not racial profiling, it's realism.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,457
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Admin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Texas man witnesses Boston bombing and fertilizer explosion.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/ ... -1.1321352
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,806
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Admin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:47 pm

JS© wrote:Reddit going with the theory of somebody who has been off the grid for almost a month.

Spoiler:
Image

A clearer pic:
Image

compared to suspect #2
Image

The nose is very similiar. The person went missing from Providence, less than an hour from Boston. Is it a bit of a stretch? Probably.

Also, on Deadspin:

Residents of Hanover, MA reported hearing "explosions" on March 12th and 15th.

On March 16th, a Brown University student officially goes missing, leaves behind a cryptic note about wanting to lead a "unstructured life to find himself"

Not saying it's related.. but Hanover ain't too far from Providence and the time frame is wicked close together.

http://deadspin.com/residents-of-hanove ... -476365689

To add to the Hanover explosions, a few coincidences with what happened on Monday.
Hanover —
Hanover fire and police departments seek the public’s help in identifying suspects or providing information in relation to two recent incidents where, over the past week, witnesses have reported explosions.
Officials are concerned the explosive devices could lead to injury or property damage. The recovered explosives appear to be homemade.
“We’re hoping neighbors may have seen something that may help us identify those responsible for detonating the devices,” said Hanover Fire Chief Jeff Blanchard.
The first incident was reported at 8:34 p.m. on March 12. Police and fire personnel responded to the area of Pine Street and Tower Hill Drive. Witnesses at the nearby Target store on Washington Street reported seeing a bright flash and hearing two explosions from that area.
Several unexploded devices were found at the scene and later detonated under secure conditions by the State Police Bomb Squad.


http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanover/news ... z2QrozndYJ

Seems odd the FBI wouldn't know who the missing student is since they got involved in his missing persons search.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10,806
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 am

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby TPW on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:02 pm

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I think the guy in the white hat looks like Ovechkin if he laid off the steroids and triple whoppers


Ha, I thought the exact same thing.
TPW
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:35 am

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby pens9192 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Interesting. The "Help Us Find Sunil Tripathi" Facebook page has been taken down. Twitter account @findingsunny still working. Time to sit back and see what happens now..
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 573
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:27 pm

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:41 pm

Shots fired on MIT campus per Fox News. Police offer down
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,707
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:42 pm

Edit: likely related to nearby robbery
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 23,707
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby Rylan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:20 am

I just want this stuff to be over and done with.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,995
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Boston Marathon Bombings

Postby blackjack68 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 am

Admin wrote:
JS© wrote:Reddit going with the theory of somebody who has been off the grid for almost a month.

Spoiler:
Image

A clearer pic:
Image

compared to suspect #2
Image

The nose is very similiar. The person went missing from Providence, less than an hour from Boston. Is it a bit of a stretch? Probably.

Also, on Deadspin:

Residents of Hanover, MA reported hearing "explosions" on March 12th and 15th.

On March 16th, a Brown University student officially goes missing, leaves behind a cryptic note about wanting to lead a "unstructured life to find himself"

Not saying it's related.. but Hanover ain't too far from Providence and the time frame is wicked close together.

http://deadspin.com/residents-of-hanove ... -476365689

To add to the Hanover explosions, a few coincidences with what happened on Monday.
Hanover —
Hanover fire and police departments seek the public’s help in identifying suspects or providing information in relation to two recent incidents where, over the past week, witnesses have reported explosions.
Officials are concerned the explosive devices could lead to injury or property damage. The recovered explosives appear to be homemade.
“We’re hoping neighbors may have seen something that may help us identify those responsible for detonating the devices,” said Hanover Fire Chief Jeff Blanchard.
The first incident was reported at 8:34 p.m. on March 12. Police and fire personnel responded to the area of Pine Street and Tower Hill Drive. Witnesses at the nearby Target store on Washington Street reported seeing a bright flash and hearing two explosions from that area.
Several unexploded devices were found at the scene and later detonated under secure conditions by the State Police Bomb Squad.


http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanover/news ... z2QrozndYJ

Seems odd the FBI wouldn't know who the missing student is since they got involved in his missing persons search.


Eagles fan. Hmmm.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,820
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 am
Location: formerly Pittsburgh, now NJ

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

e-mail