2013 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Troy Loney on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 pm

agreed.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 25,569
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ulf on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 pm

lol
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,775
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 pm

I really wish Draftnik would come back and comment on the whole thing.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,660
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby slappybrown on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:52 pm

This would be really be red meat for him given Maryland's involvement.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,859
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby itissteeltime on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Andre Williams out of BC has been far and away NCAA's best RB this year, 1800 yards and 14 tds already. There isn't a close second. Anybody have any guesses where he'll get drafted?
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,272
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby slappybrown on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:58 pm

slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,859
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:08 am
Location: Noted Board Henchman

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:56 pm

columbia wrote:I really wish Draftnik would come back and comment on the whole thing.


I keep taking shots at MD in the hopes he's lurking one day and rushes in to defend its honor.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,037
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rocco on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:57 pm

slappybrown wrote:
Rocco wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
Rocco wrote:If you're going to throw out "you're a litigator" (which you then deleted, how brave of you) then don't be surprised if I play the "I do this once in a while" card.

I asked you if you were one, because I genuinely didn't recall. Its really strange that you seemed to be taking the quotes in the AP article at face value, but perhaps you read the opinion afterwards because you were so busy in court and ghost-writing opinions and what not.

Am I doing it right?


I actually read the opinion this afternoon. It's easy to find.

http://appellate.nccourts.org/opinions/ ... ItMS5wZGY=

The fact that the opinion tracks with the statement of facts of the ACC is a bad sign for MD.


There is no other "statement of facts" aside from the Complaint. Maryland hasn't filed an Answer to the allegations in NC. There is no decision for the court to make in terms of whose "facts" to "track", because in civil litigation, a recitation of the facts as set forth in the Complaint appears every.single.time in an opinion disposing of a MTD. It has no relevance as to the strength of either party's factual claims because the Court is bound by the facts as set forth in the Complaint, and cannot deviate from them. Every single opinion, whether the motion to dismiss is granted or denied, "tracks" the allegations set forth in the Complaint. I'm going to wager that I'm slightly more familiar with complex civil litigation than you are since that's my practice, and I've actually been practicing longer than you have. When we get to the Jameis Winston indictment, I'll keep quiet.


You couldn't keep quiet if Canaan promised you 2nd in command of the Clique leadership. You don't have it in you.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,037
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 pm

No one will replace kicksave's position. the 2nd in command position will remain vacant in tribute.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,020
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

IANAL but that seemd to be an admission of guilt re: holding a clique leadership position.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,660
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:38 pm

canaan wrote:No one will replace kicksave's position. the 2nd in command position will remain vacant in tribute.

Being number 2 never seems to work out well anyways. Examples being Al Qaeda, Joe Biden, and Dan Quayle.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,150
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby canaan on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
canaan wrote:No one will replace kicksave's position. the 2nd in command position will remain vacant in tribute.

Being number 2 never seems to work out well anyways. Examples being Al Qaeda, Joe Biden, and Dan Quayle.

he definitely was the dan quayle of LGP
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,020
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Sorry to break up the CJ, but:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alleged-vi ... ncaaf.html

Tests conclusively link Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston to the sample taken by authorities from the alleged victim's undergarments, ESPN.com reported Thursday.

According to the report, the results of the Florida state crime lab DNA match estimate that "the chance of the DNA in the woman's underwear being a match for someone other than Winston was one in 2.2 trillion."
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,650
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm

MRandall25 wrote:Sorry to break up the CJ, but:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alleged-vi ... ncaaf.html

Tests conclusively link Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston to the sample taken by authorities from the alleged victim's undergarments, ESPN.com reported Thursday.

According to the report, the results of the Florida state crime lab DNA match estimate that "the chance of the DNA in the woman's underwear being a match for someone other than Winston was one in 2.2 trillion."


So you say there's a chance?
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,378
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 pm

I think I read where Winston's attorney said today that they knew it would come up positive and Winston voluntarily gave the DNA sample and said he and the girl made love.

According to the FSU "insiders" on their board, Winston and the accuser had a side relationship and were at the accusors apartment with her roomate and anothe person. Winston and the girl banged, and then Winston said he had to go get his girlfriend from home at the airport and left. The accusor got fired up that she was the mistress and called the cops.

Who knows how true that is, but supposedly the affidavits (sp?) that were submitted that were to clear Winston are from his buddy and the accusors roomate that were there.

I also guess there is a series of texts between the accusor and her roomate before and after all this happened that showed everything was ok, and then all of a suddent the tone changed and the accusor was fired up.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,602
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Over/Under on number of illegitimate children before Jameis graduates college
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,705
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

newarenanow wrote:I think I read where Winston's attorney said today that they knew it would come up positive and Winston voluntarily gave the DNA sample and said he and the girl made love.

According to the FSU "insiders" on their board, Winston and the accuser had a side relationship and were at the accusors apartment with her roomate and anothe person. Winston and the girl banged, and then Winston said he had to go get his girlfriend from home at the airport and left. The accusor got fired up that she was the mistress and called the cops.

Who knows how true that is, but supposedly the affidavits (sp?) that were submitted that were to clear Winston are from his buddy and the accusors roomate that were there.

I also guess there is a series of texts between the accusor and her roomate before and after all this happened that showed everything was ok, and then all of a suddent the tone changed and the accusor was fired up.


if it was as simple as this, why would the detectives bother brow beating her?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,284
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:24 pm

These stories are always slightly skeptical. Winston is a high profile athlete (the starting QB, quite frankly far and away the highest at FSU) at a D1 school filled with tens of thousands of girls who wouldn't be opposed to sleeping with the campus star. I'll provide him with the benefit of the doubt until someone/something else says otherwise.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,132
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah, this is a serious matter, but at the same time, there are plenty of examples too where the girl feels slighted and runs to the cops. Duke Lacross is probably the highest profile example.

As to KtK, I don't think it's that simple. But also the DNA match was expected by all parties and wasn't suprising.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 40,602
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby pittsports87 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:31 pm

UNC was beating Old Dominion 80-20 going into the 4th quarter :shock:

Both coaches agreed this game needs to end quickly and agreed to only play a 10 minute 4th quarter. Have never seen that happen before. UNC had 948 yards between passing, rushing, and kick/punt returns.

Old Dominion beat Illinois 59-38, if UNC can do this to Old Dominion just imagine what Florida State is going to do to Illinois.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: College

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:57 pm

Hawaii vs Wyoming 35-35 at the half, combined 838 yards of offense. Jesus
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,077
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ulf on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm

So Georgia Southern beat Florida. With 0 completed passes
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,775
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Unranked Arizona is beating Oregon
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,650
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ulf on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:32 pm

viva rich rod
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,775
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:41 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:39 pm

Penn State special teams are atrocious
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,705
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 60sixx, Columbus Penguins, KennyTheKangaroo, Spangler, the wicked child and 8 guests

e-mail