2013 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:42 pm

hopefully texas a&m can survive the first half against the mighty rice owls
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,779
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Rylan wrote:Johnny Football Suspended

Spoiler:


the NCAA is a complete joke.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,264
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby newarenanow on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:12 pm

What a joke.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,138
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:56 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby the wicked child on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:13 pm

....
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,381
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:15 pm

count2infinity wrote:
Rylan wrote:Johnny Football Suspended

Spoiler:


the NCAA is a complete joke.


This is worse than if they didn't do anything in my opinion.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:19 pm

Well, I don't think the eventual Heisman winner has ever been suspended so we can probably take him off the Heisman watch list for this year.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Rylan on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:29 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:Well, I don't think the eventual Heisman winner has ever been suspended so we can probably take him off the Heisman watch list for this year.


Had been a whole game I would agree. Half game means he could still come in and record stats for a game. By December, there will be a lot of people that will forget about this suspension.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,001
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:13 pm

NCAA is a complete joke.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,678
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby columbia on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:NCAA is a complete joke.


It's certainly a reflection of the integrity of its membership.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 45,388
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 pm

@darrenrovell 27m
NCAA says it determined Johnny Manziel didn't accept $ for autographs "based on the information provided by Manziel."


Because that makes a bunch of sense.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,556
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby canaan on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Aaron Hernandez hopes that a couple members of the NCAA are on the jury.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,466
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby skullman80 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah that suspension is a joke.

The whole situation is a joke to be honest.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,598
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:55 pm
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby JS© on Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:04 pm

@NCAAFootball wrote:“When you win, nothing hurts.” – @RealJoeNamath #MotivationMonday

https://twitter.com/NCAAFootball/status ... 2509099008

Almost like dealing with Manziel, right?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,960
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → [B] [A] [start]

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby pfim on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:32 am

MRandall25 wrote:
@darrenrovell 27m
NCAA says it determined Johnny Manziel didn't accept $ for autographs "based on the information provided by Manziel."


Because that makes a bunch of sense.


And if that's the case, what the heck was he suspended for?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,759
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DontToewsMeBro on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:38 am

pfim wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
@darrenrovell 27m
NCAA says it determined Johnny Manziel didn't accept $ for autographs "based on the information provided by Manziel."


Because that makes a bunch of sense.


And if that's the case, what the heck was he suspended for?


:thumb:
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,181
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am

He was suspended for:

the first half of the Aggies' season opener against Rice on Saturday for what the school said was an "inadvertent" violation of NCAA rules involving signing autographs.


http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ ... r-20100621

It goes on to discuss Manziel's other problems this past summer:

Manziel was arrested last summer after a bar fight near campus and charged with disorderly conduct, possession of a fake ID and failure to identify himself to police.


And compared it to other cases:

The news of Manziel's suspension was the talk of Twitter on Wednesday, with many questioning the length of the suspension. Former NFL and MLB star Deion Sanders was incredulous at the brevity of Manziel's suspension, after Dez Bryant was suspended for an entire season while at Oklahoma State after lying about having dinner with Sanders.


This is a complete and utter joke by the NCAA.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,264
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:57 am

kenny the kangaroo wonders what the name on manziels fake id was
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,779
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:kenny the kangaroo wonders what the name on manziels fake id was


I was wondering the same thing... all I've heard from numerous people on sports talk shows, "He's a 20 year old kid, let him be a 20 year old kid." How the eff is he getting into bar fights then? The school and the NCAA should be ashamed.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,264
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby DudeMan2766 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:00 am

Jonathan P. Football, Esq
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,189
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:33 pm
Location: Squares don't fit in my circle.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:38 am

The cynic in me can't help but wonder if things would've turned out differently if Manziel was black. Probably would've gotten a 6 game suspension/
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,556
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:39 am

MRandall25 wrote:The cynic in me can't help but wonder if things would've turned out differently if Manziel was black. Probably would've gotten a 6 game suspension/


just like auburn really got in trouble when it was discovered that cam newton got paid?
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,779
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:15 am
Location: Under the Skycoaster

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:43 am

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:The cynic in me can't help but wonder if things would've turned out differently if Manziel was black. Probably would've gotten a 6 game suspension/


just like auburn really got in trouble when it was discovered that cam newton got paid?


I was thinking more like Dez Bryant getting suspended for 10 games for having dinner with Deion Sanders.

The Cam Newton thing was a fraud too.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,556
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:46 am

MRandall25 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:The cynic in me can't help but wonder if things would've turned out differently if Manziel was black. Probably would've gotten a 6 game suspension/


just like auburn really got in trouble when it was discovered that cam newton got paid?


I was thinking more like Dez Bryant getting suspended for 10 games for having dinner with Deion Sanders.

The Cam Newton thing was a fraud too.


Dez was suspended for lying to the NCAA, not for having dinner.

Considering he was arrested last year for domestic abuse, i wouldn't say that Dez was a poster child for god behavior.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby count2infinity on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:50 am

Manziel lied to the NCAA too... "oh, I didn't know they were going to sell my autograph, how could I have known what they were going to do with over 4,000 autographs? I'm a dummy..." I don't think race has much to do with this, but I really think the NCAA has shown its hand as being a joke of an organization once again.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,264
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:52 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:The cynic in me can't help but wonder if things would've turned out differently if Manziel was black. Probably would've gotten a 6 game suspension/


just like auburn really got in trouble when it was discovered that cam newton got paid?


I was thinking more like Dez Bryant getting suspended for 10 games for having dinner with Deion Sanders.

The Cam Newton thing was a fraud too.


Dez was suspended for lying to the NCAA, not for having dinner.

Considering he was arrested last year for domestic abuse, i wouldn't say that Dez was a poster child for god behavior.


And Manziel is?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,556
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KennyTheKangaroo, PghSkins, skullman80 and 6 guests

e-mail