2013 LGP College Football Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2013 LGP College Football Thread

Postby viva la ben on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:39 pm

What your (psuers) view on the faction that doesn't want to move on from the scandal investigation, but "start over"?
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby count2infinity on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:45 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:http://onwardstate.com/2013/09/26/penn-state-receives-widespread-national-support-against-ncaa/

The thing I find most interesting is that the state of Pennsylvania voted that they'd like to see the post season ban taken away, but not the $60 million dollar fine, where as some other states think both should be lifted.

viva la ben wrote:What your (psuers) view on the faction that doesn't want to move on from the scandal investigation, but "start over"?

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you asking about the entire scandal as a whole should be revisited and investigated by the NCAA correctly this time? They messed up the first time, what would make anyone think they'll get it right the second time around. I really think it's time to just move on.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm talking about the "March for Truth"

My PSU friends really don't even want to talk about the scandal anymore and want to move on. I really think the whole opposition would be best served by moving on.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby count2infinity on Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm

I would be willing to be the vast majority of "psuers" just want to move on.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:18 pm

can't move on without knowing the whole truth.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:46 pm

relantel wrote:can't move on without knowing the whole truth.

:thumb:

The university won't be able to fully move on until the trial against Schultz, Curley, and Spanier comes to conclusion. Those currently in power at the University want to move on so that we forget that they many of them were around when Sandusky was able to perform his abuse. And when the stories of Sandusky's abuse were revealed they did a horrible job of managing the crisis and mitigating the fallout.

I won't be satisfied until those "leaders" are no longer in power and the BoT is reorganized to put more power in those that are accountable to the general public.

Additionally the full story of the allegations of misconduct by Paterno, Schultz, Curley, and Spanier has not been discussed in the media, which has primarily relied on the findings of the Freeh Report and the Grand Jury testimony. As each day passes, more information comes to light to refute what has been reported.

Most recently the lead prosecutor in the trial of Schultz, Curley, and Spanier stated that he found no evidence to prove that Paterno concealed abuse allegations against Sandusky. Not to mention that McQuery and others questioned during the preliminary hearing for the SCS trial stated that they were never told by PSU officials to keep quiet about Sandusky's actions.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 pm

news flash... we are never going to know the full truth.

edit: and by the way, as far as "just move on" what I meant was for the NCAA part of it. Just move on. Obviously everyone is interested in finding out the details of the cases that are still going to trial.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I'm sorry I'm not going to move on and accept sanctions that I feel were unfairly implemented and punish those were in no way responsible for what Sandusky did. Especially since those sanctions are based on a report that draws it's conclusions on limited evidence, most of which is opinion or has been refuted (i.e. janitor episode) and a "football culture" that was so horrible that it was considered a model of athletic integrity prior to the Sandusky scandal.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:49 am

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:a "football culture" that was so horrible that it was considered a model of athletic integrity prior to the Sandusky scandal.

I think that comment speaks highly to why the NCAA believes sanctions are still neccessary.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby count2infinity on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:50 am

I think this sort of discussion should be moved to the proper thread, and just talk about football here. I realize that this technically still is football talk, but we could take the convo to the Jerry Sandusky thread.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:51 am

Ditto.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:28 pm

John Cooper getting inducted into the OSU Hall of Fame. Will be honored at halftime tomorrow.

Kinda interested to see how many people boo him for going 2-10-1 against Michigan. Seems to be the biggest reason people don't like it, yet he is 2nd only to Woody Hayes in all-time wins as a FB coach.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 am

People would likely move on if PSU people would stop making a point to bring it up all the time. It's not good enough to let it move on... we need public acknowledgement that everyone has moved on. Sad.

It would stop being talked about if you stopped talking about it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bhaw on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:08 am

shafnutz05 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:That's great. No reported child rapes in two years. NCAA proclaims that PSU is on the "right track".

:roll:

Penn State has done an excellent job transforming their program and holding themselves accountable. Sen. George Mitchell has stated as much, and the truth is, Penn State is probably now one of the most ethical and law-abiding universities in the country.

Bringing up "child rapes" as a bomb lobbed at PSU is grinding an axe at this point. They were hammered heavily by the NCAA, they have done an outstanding job changing their football program and athletic department as a whole, and they are being rewarded for it. I'm sure these scholarships are contingent on PSU continuing to rehabilitate and keep their program clean.

If you don't think Penn State is on the "right track", I'm not sure what you've been paying attention to. Unless your only argument is "but but but Sandusky raped children! Tear down Beaver Stadium!"

Hey guys, congrats on following the rules. Sorry you were persecuted against. Now the real healing can begin.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:47 pm

This is how I know college football has lost it's mind in realignment: I'm rooting for WVU to hold on against Ok St.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Getting back to actual football games.

If WVU can hold on here and beat OSU, I'm going to be on "cloud 9"
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby slappybrown on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:49 pm

Would be a huge win. I feel like WVU fans were getting disillusioned with Holgerson.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:52 pm

Big win for WVU.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:54 pm

ND down early. Love it.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby columbia on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:58 pm

skullman80 wrote:ND down early. Love it.

What a shame.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:00 pm

slappybrown wrote:Would be a huge win. I feel like WVU fans were getting disillusioned with Holgerson.

Not disillusioned from the perspective of him not being a good coach, but we're starting to question if he's the Offensive Genius that he was believed to have been.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:04 pm

lol, bhaw. no one says anything about psu sanctions for about 24 hours after I post to move it somewhere else, and you feel it necessary to say it'll stop being talked about if you stop talking about it.

I always root for the underdog unless I like the favorite. Nice to see WVU beating the #11 ranked team in the nation. It's definitely a big win for them.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:38 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Would be a huge win. I feel like WVU fans were getting disillusioned with Holgerson.

Not disillusioned from the perspective of him not being a good coach, but we're starting to question if he's the Offensive Genius that he was believed to have been.

Exactly the sentiment i had heard
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I know it's early, but I'd LOVE to see BC beat FSU.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:04 pm

slappybrown wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:

Exactly the sentiment i had heard

from who, the dude?
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to NHR