Jersey City Newport PATH station

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jersey City Newport PATH station

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I went to grab a train home and couldnt. Because itShut down with dozens of emergency vehicles.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: Jersey City Newport PATH station

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:43 pm

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2013 ... t_pat.html

A female victim was injured at the Newport PATH station this afternoon and was taken out of the station on a stretcher.

Details are still sketchy, but an official on the scene who asked not to be identified said the woman was "pretty banged up."
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:45 pm

i used to live right above there, across the street from the duane reade. its a pretty nice area with a lot of prime brokerage offices, a shopping mall, and a lifestyle center.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Says she jumped in front of the train...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Says she jumped in front of the train...

Which explains all of the yellow tape... I had to walk about a mile down to exchange place take the PATH to the WTC stop, switch to the 4&5 lines on the subway to the Atlantic yards in Brooklyn and catch the LIRR from there.

Having said that, my day was still better than hers.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:55 am

pittsoccer33 wrote:i used to live right above there, across the street from the duane reade. its a pretty nice area with a lot of prime brokerage offices, a shopping mall, and a lifestyle center.

It's kind of a weird area. It's clean and safe, but it's missing any kind of personality. It seems like the streets roll up after dark. I have a couple of clients in the area. I never mind when I have to go there but I don't know why anyone would want to live over there.

I guess it's just a short hop from there up to Hoboken. Hoboken is the new hipster area in greater NY.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 am

I had to do a training visit for our office in Jersey City, which was right in Journal Square. They tried to book me at a shady hotel that was like four blocks from the office, I made them book me at one of the riverfront hotels. That area is mega shady
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:55 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:i used to live right above there, across the street from the duane reade. its a pretty nice area with a lot of prime brokerage offices, a shopping mall, and a lifestyle center.

It's kind of a weird area. It's clean and safe, but it's missing any kind of personality. It seems like the streets roll up after dark. I have a couple of clients in the area. I never mind when I have to go there but I don't know why anyone would want to live over there.

I guess it's just a short hop from there up to Hoboken. Hoboken is the new hipster area in greater NY.

it was 3 minute walk to my office at 480 wash blvd and one path stop to the office at one wall st. having just graduated college and the clubs being open til 5am that was super helpful.

but i agree, it almost felt like living in a multi building hotel. i lived in the pacific at 25 river drive.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to NHR