NFL

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: NFL

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:02 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:its funny how hockey fans consider hockey players progressive, yet the sport still allows goalies to skate across the ice to repeatedly punch another goalie in the face

lol, no I clearly mentioned that discrepancy above.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:06 pm

I'd be willing to bet at an aggregate level, the locker rooms of all these professional sports are very similar. I'm pretty sure singling out football and basketball for homophobia is a mistake, maybe they're just more outspoken?

Not to take a shot at PSU on this, but I was listening to david todd and he had tom bradley on to talk about what goes on in the locker room. lol.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:10 pm

this gentleman is too lazy to look into it, but it would be interesting to re-read some comments from some of todd bertuzzi's teammates following the steve moore incident. it wouldnt be a surprise if most of bertuzzi's teammates stuck up for him by saying things like "hes a good guy, its just unforunate" and stuff like that.

its natural for a group to rally around a guy who was in the wrong and defend him regardless of how he behaved.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby count2infinity on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:10 pm

At this point he should just go and get plastic surgery, create a new name (and all the other stuff involved with that), enter college, get redrafted as a rookie and get back into the NFL. They can make a movie about it and just call it "Incognito".
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby PghSkins on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:50 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:its funny how hockey fans consider hockey players progressive, yet the sport still allows goalies to skate across the ice to repeatedly punch another goalie in the face

And get the 3rd star in a 7-0 loss for it.... Just 'cause
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tifosi77 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:54 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman is too lazy to look into it, but it would be interesting to re-read some comments from some of todd bertuzzi's teammates following the steve moore incident. it wouldnt be a surprise if most of bertuzzi's teammates stuck up for him by saying things like "hes a good guy, its just unforunate" and stuff like that.

its natural for a group to rally around a guy who was in the wrong and defend him regardless of how he behaved.

The big difference there is I don't recall too many players blaming Steve Moore.

I mean, there were people saying Moore should've answered the bell against Bertuzzi - despite having fought (Matt Cooke) earlier in the game - and whatnot. But Dolphins players and some others around the league sound almost as if they think Jonathan Martin is the bad guy.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:56 pm

They're probably calling him a **** in the locker room.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby KennyTheKangaroo on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:11 pm

tifosi77 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:this gentleman is too lazy to look into it, but it would be interesting to re-read some comments from some of todd bertuzzi's teammates following the steve moore incident. it wouldnt be a surprise if most of bertuzzi's teammates stuck up for him by saying things like "hes a good guy, its just unforunate" and stuff like that.

The big difference there is I don't recall too many players blaming Steve Moore.

I mean, there were people saying Moore should've answered the bell against Bertuzzi - despite having fought (Matt Cooke) earlier in the game - and whatnot. But Dolphins players and some others around the league sound almost as if they think Jonathan Martin is the bad guy.

Won't disagree with that. But there were situations in hockey were dirty plays have lead to guys getting hurt, and a lot of people placed the blame on the injured player. The first one that comes to mind is the gonchar/ovie knee on knee hit.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:32 pm

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:

Won't disagree with that. But there were situations in hockey were dirty plays have lead to guys getting hurt, and a lot of people placed the blame on the injured player. The first one that comes to mind is the gonchar/ovie knee on knee hit.

Or the "keep your head up" people who say that every time someone gets hit in the head.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:34 pm

Or the "its just a concussion" people that mock players like Crosby and Co. that had debilitating head injuries.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Troy Loney wrote:Yeah, it's pretty much the case with all professional sports though. The guys that reach the pinnacle of athletic competition tend to lag in mental development.

I agree with you and Shad that pro athletes are generally poor people, but I disagree with the source. It's not a lack of intelligence, entitlement, or "thug-life." It's a sense of entitlement emanating from the worship they've received since they were the best player on the peewee football team. They don't understand the constraints life imposes on behavior like those of us that deal with the ramifications do. This gets taken to an extreme as a result of group think because their conversations are limited to others in their locker room, all of whom share the views.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mikey287 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:22 pm

Said sport does not allow such a thing. Punishable with minor, major and misconduct penalties. Game ejection. Very much illegal.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:48 pm

Troy Loney wrote:I'd be willing to bet at an aggregate level, the locker rooms of all these professional sports are very similar. I'm pretty sure singling out football and basketball for homophobia is a mistake, maybe they're just more outspoken?

Not to take a shot at PSU on this, but I was listening to david todd and he had tom bradley on to talk about what goes on in the locker room. lol.

LOL BUNCH OF PEDOPHILIA AMIRITE
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ulf on Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
KennyTheKangaroo wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:

Or the "keep your head up" people who say that every time someone gets hit in the head.

Difference is, those are people on different teams. Of course they're gonna have their teammates back. This case though, it's intra team, and very interesting how they seem to have incognitos back
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bioshock on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:15 am

Wow it was 27-14 Redskins when I went to bed. Talk about an implosion.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:18 am

Savard and booth hits jump out at me as far as victims getting blamed. Pens fans were all over Savard for admiring his pass.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:25 am

This guy is traveling the world looking for 200 unrelated dopplegangers. He then poses them in creepy 1970's sears portrait studio poses.

http://twistedsifter.com/2012/12/portra ... -brunelle/
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby mikey287 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am

viva la ben wrote:This guy is traveling the world looking for 200 unrelated dopplegangers. He then poses them in creepy 1970's sears portrait studio poses.

What does this have to do with Sloppy Joes? :?:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Crankshaft on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:29 am

viva la ben wrote:This guy is traveling the world looking for 200 unrelated dopplegangers. He then poses them in creepy 1970's sears portrait studio poses.

The top Facebook comment on the bottom of that article is fantastic.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby shmenguin on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:30 am

breaking NFL news?

anyways..i enjoyed the first comment on this story:

found a pic of some chinese girl that was a spot on doppleganger for my gf, getting ******** in the middle of a ****** ****. set it as her desktop background pic. when she opened her laptop... i've never seen someone so genuinely confused in my life. good times
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

i really suggest clicking through to read the actual comment. LOLOL
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Troy Loney on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:34 am

TheHammer24 wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Yeah, it's pretty much the case with all professional sports though. The guys that reach the pinnacle of athletic competition tend to lag in mental development.

I agree with you and Shad that pro athletes are generally poor people, but I disagree with the source. It's not a lack of intelligence, entitlement, or "thug-life." It's a sense of entitlement emanating from the worship they've received since they were the best player on the peewee football team. They don't understand the constraints life imposes on behavior like those of us that deal with the ramifications do. This gets taken to an extreme as a result of group think because their conversations are limited to others in their locker room, all of whom share the views.

:?:

That's more or less what I meant with "lack of mental development". They sort of stop mental development at around the age of 18, I guess i'd equate it to this. Consider how you acted between the ages of 18 - 21, think about stuck in that mental standpoint until your 30+.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby viva la ben on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:43 am

Oops I should have JTOR'd
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Froggy on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:45 am

viva la ben wrote:Oops I should have JTOR'd