NFL

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: NFL

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:54 pm

The Pats have played in the worst division in football for 12 years. Must be nice
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,899
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: NFL

Postby Ad@m on Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 am

Brawl after Jets and Pats game

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/late- ... iots-game/

Colon and Ferguson got ejected after Mangolds late hit on Talib.
Ad@m
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 690
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:31 am

Re: NFL

Postby Kaizer on Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:28 am

the terry bradshaw video on deadspin is quite entertaining
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,437
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: NFL

Postby TheHammer24 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:34 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:The Pats have played in the worst division in football for 12 years. Must be nice

That's not necessarily a fair argument for diminishing the Patriots' accomplishments. It's not like they were getting beat up by the rest of the NFL. Plus, the Jets made consecutive AFC Championship games not too long ago. But you're right that the East stinks, especially now. The three other teams are led by Tannehill, Geno Smith, and EJ Manuel.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,157
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:28 pm

Re: NFL

Postby shafnutz05 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, Pats have had great teams and coaching. Just hate how they can cruise to the playoffs even on their lean years.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,899
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: NFL

Postby tifosi77 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:26 am

Pats fans go on about how they are only two crazy catches by their opponents away from winning five Super Bowls.... apparently forgetting that their three wins were by a combined total of 9 points. Two of the wins were down to kicks as time expired, and the third the other team had the ball and was driving as time expired. So while they go on about being two plays away from five wins, you could just as easily say they are three plays away from no wins. Never mind the fact that they were 12-2 in the playoff before Spygate and are .500 since.

They have more success, in terms of championship pedigree, but I sorta see the Pats since 2007 as the NFL version of the Washington Capitals.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,494
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:33 pm
Location: White-Juday Warp Field Interferometer

Re: NFL

Postby viva la ben on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:55 am

If the Browns beat a distracted Joe Flacco lead Raven team, I will laugh and laugh....Marv Albert is doing the pbp...YES!
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,577
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: NFL

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

viva la ben wrote:If the Browns beat a distracted Joe Flacco lead Raven team, I will laugh and laugh....Marv Albert is doing the pbp...YES!

I support this post.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,951
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm
Location: Official Friend of Mayor Peduto

Re: NFL

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:03 pm

tifosi77 wrote:Pats fans go on about how they are only two crazy catches by their opponents away from winning five Super Bowls.... apparently forgetting that their three wins were by a combined total of 9 points. Two of the wins were down to kicks as time expired, and the third the other team had the ball and was driving as time expired. So while they go on about being two plays away from five wins, you could just as easily say they are three plays away from no wins. Never mind the fact that they were 12-2 in the playoff before Spygate and are .500 since.

They have more success, in terms of championship pedigree, but I sorta see the Pats since 2007 as the NFL version of the Washington Capitals.


I can see that, but you can almost make an argument like that for anyone. The Steelers beat 10-6 and 9-7 teams in the SB, and that was when the NFL West was a COMPLETE joke. That Cards team went unbeaten in the NFCW and 3-7 outside. They avoided the Giants, Saints, and also New England fell victim a couple times to huge upsets the week before the Steelers would have had to travel there.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,440
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: NFL

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Dez bryant had a decent first quarter .
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,986
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

Re: NFL

Postby Kaizer on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:00 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:Pats fans go on about how they are only two crazy catches by their opponents away from winning five Super Bowls.... apparently forgetting that their three wins were by a combined total of 9 points. Two of the wins were down to kicks as time expired, and the third the other team had the ball and was driving as time expired. So while they go on about being two plays away from five wins, you could just as easily say they are three plays away from no wins. Never mind the fact that they were 12-2 in the playoff before Spygate and are .500 since.

They have more success, in terms of championship pedigree, but I sorta see the Pats since 2007 as the NFL version of the Washington Capitals.


I can see that, but you can almost make an argument like that for anyone. The Steelers beat 10-6 and 9-7 teams in the SB, and that was when the NFL West was a COMPLETE joke. That Cards team went unbeaten in the NFCW and 3-7 outside. They avoided the Giants, Saints, and also New England fell victim a couple times to huge upsets the week before the Steelers would have had to travel there.


the seahawks were 13-3 their SB year.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,437
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: NFL

Postby viva la ben on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Flacco, distracted or not, is being outplayed by Brandon freaking Weedon
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,577
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:45 am
Location: Location: Location

Re: NFL

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:08 pm

Anyone see how Brandon griffin did today? Chris griffin? Tony griffin?
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 24,518
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: The Panda Will Fly Away On A Rainbow

Re: NFL

Postby WDWBurghGooner on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:35 pm

What is the opinion on Cam Newton? Bust, disappointment, played on terrible teams, too small a sample size, other?
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:42 pm
Location: Vulcania

Re: NFL

Postby skullman80 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Not a bust. Not great but has been pretty good.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,103
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:55 am
Location: New Kensington, PA

Re: NFL

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Ray Rice hurt his left hip. I was in another room, but heard them talking about him getting hurt.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,581
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: NFL

Postby Staggy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:51 pm

WDWBurghGooner wrote:What is the opinion on Cam Newton? Bust, disappointment, played on terrible teams, too small a sample size, other?


I like Newton. I feel like he can be a really good quarterback, he's just been stuck on a bad offense with a horrific coaching staff his first couple years.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,041
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: NFL

Postby Grunthy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Titans beating houston.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,465
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: NFL

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm fairly certain that if in a survivor league all 32 teams were picked at least once in a given week, then every single game would be a nail biter down to the wire
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,440
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: NFL

Postby offsides on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:03 pm

Is KC going to be decent this year, or is Dallas just weak again?
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,560
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: NFL

Postby Grunthy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:04 pm

offsides wrote:Is KC going to be decent this year, or is Dallas just weak again?



Its dallas.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,465
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: NFL

Postby Beveridge on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:31 pm

Dallas covering and losing is what I like to call: Double Victory.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,853
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: NFL

Postby Grunthy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:47 pm

This is awesome. The local affiliate for Orlando apologized for showing the Jaguar game instead of the Denver. haha

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/orlando-station-apologizes-having-show-jacksonville-jaguars-game-175955359--nfl.html
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,465
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:08 pm

Re: NFL

Postby JS© on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Letang Is The Truth wrote:Anyone see how Brandon griffin did today? Chris griffin? Tony griffin?


Probably not as good as Dez Griffin.

Image
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,961
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Trying to avoid the mumps.

Re: NFL

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Welker is looking pretty awful.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,986
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:42 pm
Location: I'm sorry you feel that way

PreviousNext

Return to NHR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DudeMan2766, Eismann, mikey287 and 2 guests


e-mail