Paver stone patio

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Paver stone patio

Postby manicmonday18 on Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who installs paver stone patios? I'm in the North Side and looking for someone to install an approximately 10 x 16 foot patio with a small walkway and a firepit with optional built in seating. Im looking to get some sort of plan/quote and then decide if I want to do it this year or next. Any help from someone who has received good work would be appreciated.

The option of doing it myself is still being pondered...but honestly I'd rather just pay someone else to do it if the quality is going to be superior (which I assume it would be). If the cost ends up being insane, I'm far too cheap to not do it myself however.
manicmonday18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Paver stone patio

Postby mac5155 on Thu May 02, 2013 12:50 pm

My pops did one for about $800 himself. if he can do it, anyone can do it.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby itissteeltime on Thu May 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Technically, its very simple to install a paveror brick patio. However, its a ton of physical labor. Moving your material to location, and digging out the area is tough. If you dont mind the dirty work, its definitly a diy project.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Thu May 02, 2013 1:23 pm

We used Tuma's landscaping in Beaver County 2 years ago for this same project. Looks fantastic. I don't know if they work on the North Side or not.

IIRC cost was about $2k.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mac5155 on Thu May 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Yeah, he got someone with a skidloader to "dig" it out (basically had to go down about 2-3 inches) and that was only because it was where an above ground pool was, so the dirt was literally like concrete. Then its just some sand, pea gravel base, and getting everything level.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to NHR